What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Soccer though, wanted the AFL to move but refused to pay any compensation

Oh, my! Not only did they refuse to pay compensation to the AFL who have made numerous scheduling changes to accommodate their game this year, but they tried to get the state government to make up any shortfall in revenue that would arise due to their own scheduling incompetence.

I think they have a way to go before attaining their apparent god given destiny as Australia's number one sport.

I understand that when they built AAMI, Etihad wouldn't allow them to make it any bigger. What a farce. It is a purpose built rectangular stadium which Etihad is not. It should have been built to accommodate minimum 40000 fans
Pretty sure this is not true. The real reason was a combination of cost, expected patronage and alternate venues.
How many times a year could they use more than 20k in there? Seems like most of those times you would need closer to 80k for the international teams so it would end up at the G anyway.

Pretty sure this is not true. The real reason was a combination of cost, expected patronage and alternate venues.
How many times a year could they use more than 20k in there? Seems like most of those times you would need closer to 80k for the international teams so it would end up at the G anyway.
They could have achieved a greater capacity if they went with the proposed safe standing areas behind the goals but baulked on it.

What is this "Melbourne Victory" of which you speak? Surely the Demons haven't re-branded themselves with such a vague name? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not hate. Indifference, the sport at any level but international bores me to tears and this is the media thread, so I'd rather not have to read about it.
Not just talking about you but seems more than indifference

Interesting Kelvin Templeton story -

I didn't realise his varied post-footy career. Would be a good man to have about the club, if he wasn't so busy!

A few of our players could take note of his pre-season routine:

He's looking forward to seeing old teammates like Ross Abbey and Allan Stoneham next month, and Ron Simmons, "an incredibly fit, tough guy" he trained with every summer - running over fences, through paddocks and sand, up hills, and undertaking gruelling weight training out on the ground.

"We came up with the craziest training regimes, a weights exercise you'd continue basically until complete and utter exhaustion. We thought they were fun. Not surprisingly, we never recruited anyone else who'd join us. If anyone did, they only came once." At 58 he is a billboard for the benefits of regular toil - lean, barrel-chested and strong.

Do yourself a favour and read Slobbo's tackle this week. Having a dip at us as to why we let Hodge run around free and didn't rough him up. Also how Lewis and Smith got big numbers too
Hello Slobbo, we went into the game minus 3 of our best performers so far this year (not counting Libba), then lost two more vital cogs in Wallis and Moz early on. The Hawks are back to back premiers, on their own dung heap, getting 2 Premiership players back and we are down to 2 rotations at the start of the 2nd quarter. FFS....do you actually watch Football Slobbo you fat piece of .....

To be fair - the same bloke a week ago praised us wholeheartedly for the way we'd gone about it.

People need to stop getting so wound up on these throwaway opinion pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back