Other Teams
,west perthgolden state warriors
wasn't sure where to post a few pics from todays session so started my own
this was my first one and didn't stay too long but heres a bit of a look
schofield and rosa just handballed to each other in the time I was there
butler and someone else(maybe maginnis) walked laps
Tunbridge was on crutches
waterman looks like he can hardly run.i hope he slims down a bit

didn't see either of them but a lot of the drills were in the centre or at the other end of the ground
gaff,hill,nelson and a few others were having shots from a very acute angle in the pocket near us at one stage

Some of my photos from the session:

o-POTATOES-FIELD-facebook.jpg

6289-potatoes-field.jpg

A nice pass there from McGinnity

potatoes.jpg

7489630474_9f65a6fd9a_b.jpg

Simpson here shows the boys a thing or two

wasn't sure where to post a few pics from todays session so started my own
this was my first one and didn't stay too long but heres a bit of a look
schofield and rosa just handballed to each other in the time I was there
butler and someone else(maybe maginnis) walked laps
Tunbridge was on crutches
waterman looks like he can hardly run.i hope he slims down a bit

Sounds promosing!!! :drunk: :cry:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds promosing!!! :drunk: :cry:
The bloke walking with Butler was Cavka...minus the mood boot which is good but makes it odd that Maginnis still isn't on the park at all given his injury was during the season. You can also see MacKenzie leaning on the fence and while he obviously wont play his injury must be recovering given he wasn't on crutches(unlike Tunbridge sitting next to him. Cavka, Selwood, Lamb, McGovern, Darling, Karpany, Maginnis and Ellis where nowhere to be sighted. Newman just walked around and kicked for goal with his non preferred right foot. His finger had protection as you would expect and he avoided any contact with that hand. (Hope he has nothing wrong with his left leg and is just improving skills on the right). A bit harsh on Waterman who has a good attack on the ball and pretty good awareness for a guy in his first year of senior footy

.....im starting to notice a bit of a trend between our training sessions and Fremantle's.

Freo example: "Boys did X for Y minutes, ran through drills, Lyon intervened with player Z and told him to go work more with whatever skills coach is needed, played a match sim, such-and-such went to the weights room, etc"

WCE example: "some players handballed to each other, some other guys walked laps, bunch of other players hung out on the fence watching, etc"

Now I dont think that this is indicative of the quality of the training reports between the Freo board and ours, but the reports from the purple camp seem to indicate that their players have a really well structured training regime, whereas ours seem to involve a lot more players "walking laps" or "doing handball drills".

Basically, our training (at least for those of us who can only use these reports as a basis) seems a lot less structured than whats going on up the road. Can anyone else elaborate on this? Cause reading reports like this doesnt exactly inspire me into believing that our boys are actually going to improve their abilities.

.....im starting to notice a bit of a trend between our training sessions and Fremantle's.

Freo example: "Boys did X for Y minutes, ran through drills, Lyon intervened with player Z and told him to go work more with whatever skills coach is needed, played a match sim, such-and-such went to the weights room, etc"

WCE example: "some players handballed to each other, some other guys walked laps, bunch of other players hung out on the fence watching, etc"

Now I dont think that this is indicative of the quality of the training reports between the Freo board and ours, but the reports from the purple camp seem to indicate that their players have a really well structured training regime, whereas ours seem to involve a lot more players "walking laps" or "doing handball drills".

Basically, our training (at least for those of us who can only use these reports as a basis) seems a lot less structured than whats going on up the road. Can anyone else elaborate on this? Cause reading reports like this doesnt exactly inspire me into believing that our boys are actually going to improve their abilities.

These open training sessions are just recovery sessions compred to what is not shown on ther days in the week. Tim Gossage was saying how it is back to the old days when Malthouse was around in that no one is aloud in to watch when they are going about the serious stuff.

These open training sessions are just recovery sessions compred to what is not shown on ther days in the week. Tim Gossage was saying how it is back to the old days when Malthouse was around in that no one is aloud in to watch when they are going about the serious stuff.

In that case, maybe we should have a few more open training sessions. Be nice if the public could see whats being taught to the lads, as whats being produced on gameday is mostly shyte.

In that case, maybe we should have a few more open training sessions. Be nice if the public could see whats being taught to the lads, as whats being produced on gameday is mostly shyte.

Do not think they want prying eyes from oposition coaches all for the sake of a few fans to have alook at what they are doing. I bet in training drills the are executing it to perfection but once the preassue is on the team is mentally weak.

I'd be interested to know if the coaches identify a players specific skills weakness to be focused on. Like Darling does more handballs, Selwood does more kicking. Or if they're like "everybody do 50 kicks then 50 handballs".

I assume the latter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back