Vince elbows sloane - did i miss something ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need help visualising a punch to the head?

Given that nothing was cited by the MRP, who go through all this sort of footage, I need help visualising whether this incident was a punch to the head or not.

Are we talking Yarran on Chapman or are we talking incidental contact or are we talking jumper punching?

I've heard a lot about the rough treatment of Dangerfield, I hadn't heard about Vince elbowing Sloane in the head, or any punches, until this thread.

I feel like you guys think i'm deliberately being a dickhead, i'm not. I just want to see what you're talking about so I can pass judgement.

Go and look at the Vince v Danger video on AFL.com.au and listen to Dunstall and Roo talking about whats happening way off the ball and see the camera cutting to Vince holding Danger down, wrestling with him, putting his hands on Danger's neck etc all while the ball is long gone. If it was any other team they'd be whinge wing about their player as well. If that was happening to Pendlebury you'd be up in arms rather than this 'go watch netball' crap.

OMG two 2 player wrestle behind the ball OMG

Awesome, more whinging about Bernie Vince.
How about the 21 other Crows players out there do what every other team would have done and not let their superstar get bullied for three quarters of a game.

How about the 21 other Crows players out there do what every other team would have done and not let their superstar get bullied for three quarters of a game.
Cant really argue with this comment.. Infact its 100% on the mark.

Cant really argue with this comment.. Infact its 100% on the mark.

The game would have been so much more entertaining as well, this whole 'it's a bad look' can * off
It's entertainment , UFC is massively popular in The world and although they aren't the same sport people love seeing agression

Someone told me a story that Melbourne were good once....but it must've been a hell of a long time ago as I can't remember it!!!
Not sure what this has to do with a supposed elbow that nobody saw

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/may/01/1

A link to the story about Peter Filandia being suspended for testicle biting in the VFL. This is an example of an actually horrible incident. Vince scuffling with Sloane and nobody getting properly hurt is not a horrible incident. Sloanes tough he would have walked it off.

We must spare a thought for the poor guys ruptured scrotum before we get all upset for Rory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Smart Replay.

Kent hitting Laird, 1st quarter, watch from the Free kick at 13:10.

Vince shoulders Sloane in the head, 3rd quarter, select behinds, and it's after the one at 16:36.

With the softening of the Tribunal this year, these may not have resulted in a charge, but I think both should have been "looked at" by the MRP.

From the Smart Replay.

Vince shoulders Sloane in the head, 3rd quarter, select behinds, and it's after the one at 16:36.

With the softening of the Tribunal this year, these may not have resulted in a charge, but I think both should have been "looked at" by the MRP.

Thanks for actually providing the incident. Please take note OP

First incident was assessed and the mrp found nothing in it. I'm biased, but to me it always looked like kent was trying to punch the ball out of Laird's hands, Laird lowered his body and the contact was incidental. It was probably reckless but since Laid wasn't hurt no charge.

2nd incident was clearly not intentional, attempting to shepard, clipped his chin, Sloane not hurt. Even Roo, an Adelaide board member said there was nothing wrong with it.

What will be interesting is if Walsh lays out any plans for Vince next time the two sides meet...

Thanks for actually providing the incident. Please take note OP

First incident was assessed and the mrp found nothing in it. I'm biased, but to me it always looked like kent was trying to punch the ball out of Laird's hands, Laird lowered his body and the contact was incidental. It was probably reckless but since Laid wasn't hurt no charge.

2nd incident was clearly not intentional, attempting to shepard, clipped his chin, Sloane not hurt. Even Roo, an Adelaide board member said there was nothing wrong with it.

The Kent one was not assessed. Where did you hear that?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-20/mrp-full-statement-round-three

And you can listen to Roo's comment, or Huddo's (?) comment right after which infers that Roo is kidding himself.

And I'm glad that "non-intentional clips to the chin" are no longer reportable offenses. I'll let the MRP know also. Should save them some time this year.

EDIT: My apologies Bluelegs. Just watched the video of the MRP, and noticed the Kent/Laird incident was discussed in there.

Last edited:
You are aware that just because he goes for the same team as you, he doesn't have to straddle your dick when you want to have a whinge?
Just thought you'd pop into the thread to add that ??

flog

The Kent one was not assessed. Where did you hear that?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-20/mrp-full-statement-round-three

And you can listen to Roo's comment, or Huddo's (?) comment right after which infers that Roo is kidding himself.

And I'm glad that "non-intentional clips to the chin" are no longer reportable offenses. I'll let the MRP know also. Should save them some time this year.

Watch this, it's about two minutes in: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-04-20/yarran-sent-directly-to-tribunal

Considering the way the tribunal has gone this year do you really think that either player deserves to miss football for these incidents?

Especially in the Vince/Sloane incident, two players running towards the footy, one lowers his body to go for the footy the other goes to protect his teammate with a shepherd, Vince hits Sloane incidentally, Sloane gets up fine and plays out the rest of the game, no injury.

From the Smart Replay.

So you it wasn't an elbow like you claimed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back