Yazz, Chapman and Bullying.

Remove this Banner Ad

To this day I don't understand bloke who throw shots on the footy field. If you're on the footy field, play footy.
Chapman didn't even give away a free kick. There is a fair difference between niggle and throwing haymakers.
Which part of the "niggle" actually involved Chapman playing footy? Chapman was throwing shots alright, hence the reaction from Yarran.

Don't pretend the lack of free kick proves Chapman was innocent, it is as unbelievable as claiming a lack of a positive drug test means your club didn't have a systematic doping regime in place. There is a fair difference between hiding evidence and being not guilty.

The proof is in the pudding. Chapman's actions don't even warrant a free kick on game day, Yarran gets a holiday. Seems straight forward to me, a bit of niggle is part of the game; haymakers aren't. Seems the league, commentators, media, past players other Carlton players all agree too.
Two players had a dash at each other. One did as he always does and has done for the best part of 14 years. The other done something completely out of character. Both got what they deserved in the end. Now do as Stig has politely asked you to do and what others in here would like...piss off.

The proof is in the pudding. Chapman's actions don't even warrant a free kick on game day, Yarran gets a holiday. Seems straight forward to me, a bit of niggle is part of the game; haymakers aren't. Seems the league, commentators, media, past players other Carlton players all agree too.

The umpire didn't pay a free kick against Yarran, either. In fact, the on field umpire didn't even tell Yarran off. He told Chapman off.

If the same incident played out on the street it would be Chapman, not Yarran, who would be jailed for his actions.

We can only hope that players like Chapman employing underhanded (and elbowed) tactics will start to come under more scrutiny now.
Even in the highlights package at the start of the CH7 coverage you see Tom Bell getting snotted by an * player (I think it was Fletcher). A full blooded punch, but with a handful of Tommy's jumper it was "just a niggle".

Wasn't Goddard one of those flogs that did the crossed wrist thing for his criminal brother?!.
So,he runs around beating his chest,picking on 1st year players(Buckley) and 1st gamers(Byrne) behind the play and off the ball,takes a bit of a glance from Gibbs and carries on like he's been shot,then has the audacity to whine about it on 'on the couch',yet celebrates his family's history of criminal incarceration for all to see on a footy field!.
I see some disturbing traits in Brendon Goddard.

To this day I don't understand bloke who throw shots on the footy field. If you want to box go to a fight gym and go your hardest. If you're on the footy field, play footy. Do it hard and push the limits but resorting to punch ons isn't anywhere near being a part of our game. It doesn't matter who threw that hook or in what situation it was thrown it deserves a month off. Maybe he can use the time to work in his footy, or not throwing shots from his waist.

You really believe the game should be played in good spirit?

Then maybe you can tell your imported ageing flogs - Goddard and Chapman - that throwing elbows and jumper punches always targeted at the younger players from opposing teams really doesn't live up to your lofty ideals.

And by the way - I don't need EFC flogs "educating" me about "limits".

NB: I would much rather my son belt someone who was trying to intimidate him than have him receive hundreds of injections of unknown substances - don't moralise CFC supporters effwit!!!

Floggard would be suited to netball as he is a girly man and it just shows how much of a nanny state/country/world we live in now!
Yazz is a manly man which is almost becoming a crime these days! RESPECT!
Bring back manly men and girly girls I say and do away with all these girly men and manly women....

Doc, have you watched netball lately, there are no beg pardons on the court. Watch Australia take on the Kiwis, faster than AFL and very physical for a non contact sport.
Goddard would not get a touch on a netball court in a high level game. I have never seen a netballer whinge like he does on the field.

He is just soft, it has nothing to do with his gender

Wasn't Goddard one of those flogs that did the crossed wrist thing for his criminal brother?!.
So,he runs around beating his chest,picking on 1st year players(Buckley) and 1st gamers(Byrne) behind the play and off the ball,takes a bit of a glance from Gibbs and carries on like he's been shot,then has the audacity to whine about it on 'on the couch',yet celebrates his family's history of criminal incarceration for all to see on a footy field!.
I see some disturbing traits in Brendon Goddard.

MY BAD CC

CONTINUE!!!!

To this day I don't understand bloke who throw shots on the footy field. If you want to box go to a fight gym and go your hardest. If you're on the footy field, play footy. Do it hard and push the limits but resorting to punch ons isn't anywhere near being a part of our game. It doesn't matter who threw that hook or in what situation it was thrown it deserves a month off. Maybe he can use the time to work in his footy, or not throwing shots from his waist.

Does this apply to Chapman as well for his hit on Touhy or to Ambrose for his hit on Cripps to his midriff, or is it just okay as long as you don't get caught?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe next time our players should drop to the ground like a soft sack of potatos, and we should activate the sub rule.

"Tough guy" Chapman went to water after a knock with Yarrans non-preferred. Glad someone finally exposed him for the weak sniper he really is.

Doc, have you watched netball lately, there are no beg pardons on the court. Watch Australia take on the Kiwis, faster than AFL and very physical for a non contact sport.
Goddard would not get a touch on a netball court in a high level game. I have never seen a netballer whinge like he does on the field.

Bravo BP, you get it!
Highest respect must go to our netball girls and their dominance over the years. The English, Jamaicans and South Africans are not shrinking violets either, but our girls reign supreme. :thumbsu:

Maybe next time our players should drop to the ground like a soft sack of potatos, and we should activate the sub rule.

"Tough guy" Chapman went to water after a knock with Yarrans non-preferred. Glad someone finally exposed him for the weak sniper he really is.

And he tries to tell Yaz it was "a sh!t punch". What a w&nker.

It dropped you on your @rse Chappy and opened your eye up so it looked like a pretty good punch to me! :D

Bravo BP, you get it!
Highest respect must go to our netball girls and their dominance over the years. The English, Jamaicans and South Africans are not shrinking violets either, but our girls reign supreme. :thumbsu:

I don't follow the netball closely enough Biggus, but if it's on the telly I find it hard to stop watching, it's Fast and Furious in skirts and as I said for a non contact sport, gee they go hard.

This.

LOL @ the latest comments from Goddard comparing Yarrans hit to Halls on Stakers...

“I don’t see it too dissimilar to Barry Hall’s hit on Brent Staker.”

I don't see Goddards dive on Saturday to dissimilar to Heath Ledgers Oscar winning performance in The Dark Knight

Jake Melksham escapes unscathed, again. Bigfooty experts have been saying for yonks he has a "very punchable face". :rolleyes:

Did anyone else notice the victims here Chapman (Yarran) and Goddard (Gibbs) are has-been imports from other clubs - *Essendon didn't have enough home grown flogs?

Jake Melksham escapes unscathed, again. Bigfooty experts have been saying for yonks he has a "very punchable face". :rolleyes:

Did anyone else notice the victims here Chapman (Yarran) and Goddard (Gibbs) are has-been imports from other clubs - *Essendon didn't have enough home grown flogs?

Are you referring to the guy that runs like a duck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back