Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Interesting that people are putting Lauderdale above Glenorchy, wonder why?

I think they will have there measure later in the year, Lauderdale have always struggled at KGV but have knocked them out of the finals the last couple of years. That said I am not sure on what the order of the 4 will be but fairly confident North, Burnie, Lauderdale and Glenorchy will make it.

To those who follow the TSL a lot closer than I do, are Clarence not up to a charge to the finals like Richmond in the AFL last year? Obviously a much better side with Drury, Charlesworth match hardened.

To those who follow the TSL a lot closer than I do, are Clarence not up to a charge to the finals like Richmond in the AFL last year? Obviously a much better side with Drury, Charlesworth match hardened.

Not out of the question but would want to get a move on real quick, 1 - 4 with matches against Glenorchy, Storm (away) and Lauderdale (away) in the next 3 is going to make it very tough.

Well I think you are right. One could not discount that happening. We're only up to round 5 after all.

Right now Clarence are 2 games & 40% behind 5th spot. So they have to make that up in the next 13 games. They will have to beat sides above them, starting very soon. I see that after Glenorchy (round 6), they play Western Storm who will be just as desperate to start their own run, they then play Lauderdale again!.

I think Clarence would have to beat Western Storm, Lauderdale once & Glenorchy twice to have any sort of chance of making the finals.

They must have the ability, are they fit enough? Are they desperate enough?

I think it will be interesting to see how Clarence & Western Storm progress. Only one of them could possibly make it to September, do you think either of them can?

o
It is possible for Clarence to still make the finals and I'm sure they can perform better than they have been but they are in the same position Burnie was at this same stage last year. Burnie lost 4 of their first 5 games but then out of the next 9 games they had 8 wins and a draw but still missed the finals. Its hard to see Clarence not losing several of their next 9 games so if you use Burnie's situation from last year as a guide I would say Clarence are only an outside chance to make the finals. When a club gets off to a bad start like that every further loss they have just makes the chance of finals harder and harder until it reaches the point where its impossible.

Groan...

For the second week in a row, Sportingpulse contributors have done a breathtakingly shithouse job uploading scores of last week's TSL. Anyone got the full q-by-q scores or a link to same...?

I can't get the app, by the way, just won't work...

State squad announced. What a joke. Clarence and Storm provide 25% of players. Have had 4% of wins between them.
Don't have a problem with these two teams having that many players in the state squad at all.its not their fault they are one of only 5 or 6 good players in their side. All it proves is the other teams are more even talent wise. Name the guys from Clarence or the Storm that don't deserve to be in the state side. If Clarence only win one game this year does that mean Brady Jones shouldn't be in it?, even if he polls really well in the Tassie medal.

If the players from Storm and Clarence who were selected in the State squad were playing great footy their respective sides would be winning more games. simple.
Don't have a problem with these two teams having that many players in the state squad at all.its not their fault they are one of only 5 or 6 good players in their side. All it proves is the other teams are more even talent wise. Name the guys from Clarence or the Storm that don't deserve to be in the state side. If Clarence only win one game this year does that mean Brady Jones shouldn't be in it?, even if he polls really well in the Tassie medal.

Cody Thorp suprised me

If the players from Storm and Clarence who were selected in the State squad were playing great footy their respective sides would be winning more games. simple.

I guess that will/should be taken into account when the final 22 gets named. Did you have any specific players who you thought should/shouldn't be in the squad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not trying to be pedantic but if 5 or 6 players are playing great footy and the other 16 are playing shite you are not going to get too many results your way. by the way i don't follow the Storm and I dislike Clarence with a passion.

I'm not trying to be pedantic but if 5 or 6 players are playing great footy and the other 16 are playing shite you are not going to get too many results your way. by the way i don't follow the Storm and I dislike Clarence with a passion.

I think most of use are in your camp:rolleyes:

As said above, big weekend for Clarence. Having Glenorchy travel over the river will be very interesting. Their whole season is starting to be on the line. Certainly the next 3 weeks could make or break them.

Western Storm too for that matter. Pressure is also right on Hobart City & Devonport as they will want to get a finals spot, I think 5th could be between them. Or Clarence, or Storm!:p

Well back to the local footy after the AFL hooha last week.

North Launy should pump Launy.

Glenorchy should do Clarence (Oh boy!), but its at Boo tPark & Roos are at backs to the wall

Devonport to win at home, just, maybe?Storm have to start a run soon, very soon!

Lauderdale (Was winter grizzling over injuries again?) over Hobart City ( decimated by injuries:rolleyes:)

Tigers second in the race with Burnie!

But we shall see!

North Launceston should defeat Launceston but I have a feeling the margin might not be as big as some may think. I am tipping 40 points
On form Glenorchy should beat Clarence but the Pies have lost quite a few players to the Mariners and a Clarence win wouldn't surprise me at all but I will stick with Glenorchy by 22 points. The Devonport vs Storm game will be very close I reckon and I will go for the Storm by 10 points as they will be desperate to break their losing streak. If they lose this game finals will be out of reach for them. The Lauderdale and Hobart City game might be a bit closer than some think also but I will go with the home team by 16 points. Burnie should account for the Tigers comfortably but will not want to take them lightly. Dockers by 65.

well I don't know what Clarence are going to do now. pretty much full strength and they looked terrible. no run, no confidence and what looked like confusion and undisciplined acts every where you looked. I was amazed how low they have fallen. they were terrible and it looks like they will not get better in the immediate future. I think I will go back to watching Lauderdale play again.

Well I am surprised by the look of the ladder at this stage of the season. To see Clarence, Western storm & Launceston have a total of 2 wins between them is not what we expected to see after round 6. Why are they so poor? Whats going on in those clubs. They havent lost that many players, have they?

Glenorchy tanned Clarences hide again. They are now 3 games & 40% behind 5th spot now. I thought they might find something, but it wasnt to be. They play Storm & Lauderdale in the next 2 games. Their may soon be blood on the carpet at Boot Park?
Burnie did as expected over KT & are looking pretty Damn good.
Lauderdale too good as expected on their home patch over Hobart City.
Devonport continue to do well & are starting to look at playing finals as they are 2 games & 21% in front of 6th placed Hobart City, after beating bottom side Western Storm. I guess Argyle st will just throw more money at the new franchise.
Launceston decapitated by North Launy. How bad are the blues going with their seniors being beaten by over 200 pts & their 2nds kicking a combined 1.3 in the last 2 games!

The final 5 is starting to firm up, baring any major collapse at one of the clubs!. At this stage its 3 north & 2 southern clubs. I still see North Launy & Burnie as the favorites due to their general strength & experience, Lauderdale are going well but I just dont think they are really good enough to claim the flag, but on their day who knows.

Glenorchy are going well but are yet to play down at Lauderdale, thankfully no finals will ever be played their, nor have they played North Launy or Burnie as yet. Devonport are going pretty well, but are still a work in progress.

Next weeks games all look fairly even.

Living in launceston but followed Clarence when i was kid. Went to my first game in years almost by accident, just was in hobart out that way and thought why not

God they were pretty poor, standard of the game was pretty ordinary full stop

I followed the statewide league as a kid closely til it stopped the first time, how do people who remember it clearly think the current standard compares, maybe i remember it as being better in my head

Living in launceston but followed Clarence when i was kid. Went to my first game in years almost by accident, just was in hobart out that way and thought why not

God they were pretty poor, standard of the game was pretty ordinary full stop

I followed the statewide league as a kid closely til it stopped the first time, how do people who remember it clearly think the current standard compares, maybe i remember it as being better in my head

I go back to the 1960's watching football in Tasmania.

The current league has some good players in it & are quite quick. Footy itself is played at a faster pace than ever, so they train more than ever. But the majority of players are kids, a lot of skinny kids.

Footy use to be about the one on one contests, the long kicks, big marks & the physical clash.

The game is now about run, run, run & hitting a target. Skills now are different. We see much more handball & keepings off by kicking backwards & across goal.

The AFL only want kids playing the game at TSL level. They just want draft picks. They dont care about the idea of club football, of people (community) going to games, of older guys playing TSL. They are happy to see that at the SFL etc.

So I dont know what the future will be, or how clubs will survive. The ones not highly supported by the AFL/Tas

The league suffers from not having crowds that it use to. AFL/Tas dont care & have said as much. They give thousands of tickets away to local footy which is not a cost to AFLTas, but it is to the clubs. I see that they dont give finals tickets away as they keep that money!!

But smaller crowds happens everywhere at every sport. I go to Vleague socce a bit to see my mates kids play, & the crowds are pathetic. 100 or so more often than not.

So the world has changed & the AFL only care about the AFL. AFLTas only care about AFLTas

Tell us something we dont know:rolleyes:

I go back to the 1960's watching football in Tasmania.

The current league has some good players in it & are quite quick. Footy itself is played at a faster pace than ever, so they train more than ever. But the majority of players are kids, a lot of skinny kids.

Footy use to be about the one on one contests, the long kicks, big marks & the physical clash.

The game is now about run, run, run & hitting a target. Skills now are different. We see much more handball & keepings off by kicking backwards & across goal.

The AFL only want kids playing the game at TSL level. They just want draft picks. They dont care about the idea of club football, of people (community) going to games, of older guys playing TSL. They are happy to see that at the SFL etc.

So I dont know what the future will be, or how clubs will survive. The ones not highly supported by the AFL/Tas

The league suffers from not having crowds that it use to. AFL/Tas dont care & have said as much. They give thousands of tickets away to local footy which is not a cost to AFLTas, but it is to the clubs. I see that they dont give finals tickets away as they keep that money!!

But smaller crowds happens everywhere at every sport. I go to Vleague socce a bit to see my mates kids play, & the crowds are pathetic. 100 or so more often than not.

So the world has changed & the AFL only care about the AFL. AFLTas only care about AFLTas

Tell us something we dont know:rolleyes:

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Its a shame really to go and basically pick any seat in the sparse crowd and watch a bunch of no name kids play for Clarence.

But obviously people like me are part of the problem as much as AFL tas of course, but they need to clearly do more to get people back but never will as you say.

Just hard to even follow your team without being near it too, feels like the coverage is non existent

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Its a shame really to go and basically pick any seat in the sparse crowd and watch a bunch of no name kids play for Clarence.

But obviously people like me are part of the problem as much as AFL tas of course, but they need to clearly do more to get people back but never will as you say.

Just hard to even follow your team without being near it too, feels like the coverage is non existent

The coverage in non existent on TV and radio (apart from 107.3 fm Launceston Community Radio) you get a tiny bit in the local papers, but as madmug said it all aimed at the AFL, all else is development leagues. It's sad in the 90's you could listen to the old SWL on radio and watch a game on TV as well. At least you knew the players, I could pass 92% of them now on the street and not now who they were.

The coverage in non existent on TV and radio (apart from 107.3 fm Launceston Community Radio) you get a tiny bit in the local papers, but as madmug said it all aimed at the AFL, all else is development leagues. It's sad in the 90's you could listen to the old SWL on radio and watch a game on TV as well. At least you knew the players, I could pass 92% of them now on the street and not now who they were.

Yup i remember getting to meet Gavin Cooney, Danny Noonan, Peter Ricci

It was a big deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back