Hodges elbow on Swallow

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell my young children to be good as Santa is always watching.

It's cute how kids believe everything you tell them.

lol, * off. i don't actually give a s**t whether it was deliberate or not- i just care whether we won the game, how many weeks he'd get suspended for, and whether his elbow was ok. swap hodge for lewis, campbell brown or lake etc, then my tune would be different. those guys all have form. i don't recall hodge ever punching anyone in the head, so he can have the benefit of the doubt.

How are you a mod with posts like that?
Have you seen or been on the Hawks board. Absolute nuthouse is your answer. Happily avoid that cesspit:)

lol, **** off. i don't actually give a s**t whether it was deliberate or not- i just care whether we won the game, how many weeks he'd get suspended for, and whether his elbow was ok. swap hodge for lewis, campbell brown or lake etc, then my tune would be different. those guys all have form. i don't recall hodge ever punching anyone in the head, so he can have the benefit of the doubt.
And you have every right to give him that benefit.

I don't have to - that's the best thing about having an independent thought. We can't all be sheep.....

Lewis deserved 3, Hodge deserved 4, but ah well. Should be no tolerance on unprovoked whacks to the head
That's what each of them got. They pleaded guilty and were eligible for a weeks reduction.

Because nobody from any club has ever played for a free
No player at North Melbourne certainly, not like anyone there has a reputation for staging or anything

yep, they all play for frees.....some more than others. i find it funny though, that some players are smart to draw the free, and others stage.....same actions, viewed differently, by the media, then beat it up...but thats not on this topic....

Where did he expect to hit a player if he's going to throw an elbow at the level of his own head, or was it a really bad error of judgement?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you have every right to give him that benefit.

I don't have to - that's the best thing about having an independent thought. We can't all be sheep.....
YEs, but to state that you categorically know what he was thinking is noddy world.
What am I having for breakfast right now?

YEs, but to state that you categorically know what he was thinking is noddy world.
What am I having for breakfast right now?
I never state anything of the sort.

Again - Hodge could have wanted to push him in the chest with his forarm or he could have been trying to break his jaw.

Your guess is as good as mine. The fact is he struck Swallow in the face with his elbow.

Haven't you heard...he's a good bloke. :thumbsu:

Anyway, 3 was what i thought all along, and what most balanced people who weren't frothing at the mouth seemed to think he'd cop. Fair result.
Happy with that and no player severly injured, happy to move on.

Happy with that and no player severly injured, happy to move on.

It wasn't a cheap shot. Swallow didn't deserve to get hit high, but he deserved heavy retaliation. He initiated the situation by going in behind hodge and pulling at his shirt by the neck. That's a cheap move in inself.

It wasn't a cheap shot. Swallow didn't deserve to get hit high, but he deserved heavy retaliation. He initiated the situation by going in behind hodge and pulling at his shirt by the neck. That's a cheap move in inself.
That happens almost every second to third contest with dragging players off one other after tackling or a stoppage, not sure what point you're trying to make or assert.

What?? The captain trying to get Hodge off a team mate is a cheap shot? Swallow deserved “heavy retaliation” is a bizarre comment to make.

He deserved 'heavy retaliation' for pulling a player by the back of the jumper? That's a 'cheap shot"? U cannot be cereal.

Now this has died down a little, it's a good moment to review the MRP categories - regardless of the outcome.

Was Hodge on Swallow:

Intentional or Careless? IMO was not part of competing the ball, therefore must be Intentional. (Poor aim should not apply in off-the-ball situations)
High/Groin or Body? Straightforward - Predominant Contact to neck is High.
Impact - Low, Medium, High, Severe - IMO, these are again pretty easy to qualify:
Low = No treatment, player continued without effect.
Medium = Attended by Doctor, forced to leave field for recovery.
High = Unable to return to field (including Concussion sub)
Severe = Hospitalisation/unable to play next week.

Swallow didn't take his kick, but was at the centre bounce immediately after, so in this case I would have thought Low Impact.

If you agree it was Intentional, High Contact, Low Impact = He gets two weeks (one with record and guilty plea). If it was Medium, he gets 3 (2).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back