EDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Nyora will have a long year, but on the positive for them they have some very good young blokes playing. If they keep the playing group together they will come out the other side very well. Just need a couple of key position players.

must be close to announcing a preliminary squad for the 2015 interleague team. Any nominations from clubland thus far? from the games i have seen Dalton, Main, Clarke and #20 from Cora Lynn have had impressive starts. Likewise in the qtr and a half watching the CL v KWR game last week, Marusic was huge in the middle (and up fwd) for the first 15 mins. Others to be included would be Walker, Heus, Fletcher and #3 from Bunyip, Slattery, Stevens and Hermann from NNG. Feel free to add on your nominations....

Quick comment from last wends games. Edfl blowouts still alive and well. To be fair we havent had the East V West showdowns yet but if the standard of the Longwarry v Garfield game was anything to go by or NNG V Bunyip then everyone is a distant 3rd to the standard on show in the CL v KWR game. fionals atmosphere, ebbs and flows in the score, ground in exceptional nick and the crowd as healthier than that at the CL v NNG opener, especially the noise from supporters. Brilliant efforts from both teams but when the game was there to be won didn't Clarke step up a notch! Also and this is not said lightly as thgis player certainly marginalises himself in the comp but the effort i saw from Ryan Gillis late in the last qtr to put his nugget over the pill knowing he would cop a knee in the temple, get the free and slot the goal was....i have to say it.....sorry......it showed his brilliant will to win and do whatever it takes to win. KWR lacked poise deep back in either posessing the ball or giving some run and spread to encourage a switch of play. Projected kicks from fullback which were directed at the boundary line either need to be pin point, shorter in length thus less easy to intercept or killed over the line to slow the clock. But when KWR have 3 talls standing in the same drop zone within 5 meters of each other hoping to mark it in the last 5 mins then you could say they missed an opportunity and CL siezed it.

Garfield......no comment. berry suspension cost them smarts and withers structure with ankle. Brown also out who straightens them up.
Longwarry....well done. really should have punished garfield in the first qtr and a half before garfield settled and looked more fluent with Ryan "ill have fires with that upsize" Hendy moving i to the middle. Short kicking, #13 down back, young ruckman, #25 rundell exciting small fwd and Browney who turned back the clock and had a great game with 4 but also gave good voice on field. All credit must go to their captain Holland who led superbly. Must have a good working relationship with the coach as the captain finalised the qtr time huddles with his words, not the coaches. good work.
Longwarry cannot afford any injuries as they don't bat deep. Fair to say that this may be one of the key factors besides $ and geographical locations as to why there will be the haves and the have nots. Depth of playing list when injuries hit.

Thoughts on NNG? Are they the Nth Melb or (dusties) of the comp in that they look ok on paper but push comes to shove its to easy just being ok. Or are they a team that in its early stages are still gelling and hitting their straps not to far away. certainly along with CL they have the most challenging start. One thing seems certain and thai is besides surviving off field with no home base they have every intention of getting Dore, Zajac and Wade with others including Ben Keane, Oldmeadow, Howe, Jacko Payroli and an Ruckman through its Nth Melb connections at the club in 2016, on the new Goon deck.

Dramas in the Nilma v Dusties game?? comments? Head count? Loss of Score? Dusties look settled, good coach, solid numbers in 18's and will feature finals. Few older names in there who will be their down fall. already know what they coup,e of them can and cant do. wont win a flag with them playing.

Catani good win away against a talked about lang lang who would be bleeding with that loss.

Neerim Neerim Sth, comments anyone? have profile and structure with returned players. club legend coaching. will gain momentum i feel.

Nyora, Poowong and Ellinbank will need to concentrate on social side to keep spirits up and simply send 2-3 guys out every week to start recruiting the key players needed from other netter leagues, not Alberton or Mid Gippy leagues or Droiun/warragul for that matter. in addition keep structuring and innovating junior structure as longterm viability is dependant on it. Certainly waiting for another split back to the East divvy like last year and we will see the West divvy Joining the south east football league as division 2. Thats my prediction for the way fwd. Other clubs to join such as killy bass and gembrook.

Bunyip to be prominent deep in season, Nilma Darnum will be an x factor team. Taken lightly look out.

Quiet achiever is the lyrebird. Just how they like it i suspect.

Predictions Rd 2
Cora Lynn Win
vs
Bunyip

Koo wee rup Win
vs
Lang Lang

Buln Buln Win
vs
Catani

Garfield
vs
Nar Nar Goon Win

Neerim Neerim South Win
vs
Ellinbank

Nilma Darnum Win
vs
Longwarry

Poowong
vs
Nyora Win

Great write up footy apprentice, I haven't seen a good in depth summary like this for quite some time! I used to love getting to a couple of games a week in the EDFL and giving the readers a write up.

Hopefully you or someone can provide this on a regular basis as I don't get to many games these days.

We've been disappointing I would say. Injuries and suspensions hurting but should be back to full strength soon and see how we go.

11201177_818798301542779_927665990944354977_n.jpg

must be close to announcing a preliminary squad for the 2015 interleague team. Any nominations from clubland thus far? from the games i have seen Dalton, Main, Clarke and #20 from Cora Lynn have had impressive starts. Likewise in the qtr and a half watching the CL v KWR game last week, Marusic was huge in the middle (and up fwd) for the first 15 mins. Others to be included would be Walker, Heus, Fletcher and #3 from Bunyip, Slattery, Stevens and Hermann from NNG. Feel free to add on your nominations....

Quick comment from last wends games. Edfl blowouts still alive and well. To be fair we havent had the East V West showdowns yet but if the standard of the Longwarry v Garfield game was anything to go by or NNG V Bunyip then everyone is a distant 3rd to the standard on show in the CL v KWR game. fionals atmosphere, ebbs and flows in the score, ground in exceptional nick and the crowd as healthier than that at the CL v NNG opener, especially the noise from supporters. Brilliant efforts from both teams but when the game was there to be won didn't Clarke step up a notch! Also and this is not said lightly as thgis player certainly marginalises himself in the comp but the effort i saw from Ryan Gillis late in the last qtr to put his nugget over the pill knowing he would cop a knee in the temple, get the free and slot the goal was....i have to say it.....sorry......it showed his brilliant will to win and do whatever it takes to win. KWR lacked poise deep back in either posessing the ball or giving some run and spread to encourage a switch of play. Projected kicks from fullback which were directed at the boundary line either need to be pin point, shorter in length thus less easy to intercept or killed over the line to slow the clock. But when KWR have 3 talls standing in the same drop zone within 5 meters of each other hoping to mark it in the last 5 mins then you could say they missed an opportunity and CL siezed it.

Garfield......no comment. berry suspension cost them smarts and withers structure with ankle. Brown also out who straightens them up.
Longwarry....well done. really should have punished garfield in the first qtr and a half before garfield settled and looked more fluent with Ryan "ill have fires with that upsize" Hendy moving i to the middle. Short kicking, #13 down back, young ruckman, #25 rundell exciting small fwd and Browney who turned back the clock and had a great game with 4 but also gave good voice on field. All credit must go to their captain Holland who led superbly. Must have a good working relationship with the coach as the captain finalised the qtr time huddles with his words, not the coaches. good work.
Longwarry cannot afford any injuries as they don't bat deep. Fair to say that this may be one of the key factors besides $ and geographical locations as to why there will be the haves and the have nots. Depth of playing list when injuries hit.

Thoughts on NNG? Are they the Nth Melb or (dusties) of the comp in that they look ok on paper but push comes to shove its to easy just being ok. Or are they a team that in its early stages are still gelling and hitting their straps not to far away. certainly along with CL they have the most challenging start. One thing seems certain and thai is besides surviving off field with no home base they have every intention of getting Dore, Zajac and Wade with others including Ben Keane, Oldmeadow, Howe, Jacko Payroli and an Ruckman through its Nth Melb connections at the club in 2016, on the new Goon deck.

Dramas in the Nilma v Dusties game?? comments? Head count? Loss of Score? Dusties look settled, good coach, solid numbers in 18's and will feature finals. Few older names in there who will be their down fall. already know what they coup,e of them can and cant do. wont win a flag with them playing.

Catani good win away against a talked about lang lang who would be bleeding with that loss.

Neerim Neerim Sth, comments anyone? have profile and structure with returned players. club legend coaching. will gain momentum i feel.

Nyora, Poowong and Ellinbank will need to concentrate on social side to keep spirits up and simply send 2-3 guys out every week to start recruiting the key players needed from other netter leagues, not Alberton or Mid Gippy leagues or Droiun/warragul for that matter. in addition keep structuring and innovating junior structure as longterm viability is dependant on it. Certainly waiting for another split back to the East divvy like last year and we will see the West divvy Joining the south east football league as division 2. Thats my prediction for the way fwd. Other clubs to join such as killy bass and gembrook.

Bunyip to be prominent deep in season, Nilma Darnum will be an x factor team. Taken lightly look out.

Quiet achiever is the lyrebird. Just how they like it i suspect.

Predictions Rd 2
Cora Lynn Win
vs
Bunyip

Koo wee rup Win
vs
Lang Lang

Buln Buln Win
vs
Catani

Garfield
vs
Nar Nar Goon Win

Neerim Neerim South Win
vs
Ellinbank

Nilma Darnum Win
vs
Longwarry

Poowong
vs
Nyora Win
Thoughts after seven rounds?

KWR have gone from grand finalists to struggling to stay in the top 8 and they were apparently pushing for premierships and spending decent coin on players to win them a flag seems to me so far it's backfired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back