How good is Fyfe??

Remove this Banner Ad

More than one step behind Ablett and Franklin. I'd argue Selwood and Pendlebury are still better as they're more polished and consistent. I'd put him with Dangerfield overall but also add his marking ability, he needs more time in this form to establish where he's at.

Last edited:
More than one step behind Ablett and Franklin. I'd argue Selwood and Pendlebury are still better as they're more polished and consistent. I'd put him with Dangerfield overall but also add his marking ability, he needs more time in this form to establish where he's at.
Such a poor attempt at trolling.

Really goes to show how good Ablett Snr was. Imagine Fyfe went out and kicked 10 goals in a game, even if he kicked 5 or 6. The media would go into meltdown. I actually think that once Fyfes body matures a bit more he might get close, but geez, imagine the great man trying to cope with today's media circus.
There's just no chance these days that any midfielder could kick that many, given they are rotated off after each goal for a rest and their opposite numbers put so much time and effort into stopping them.

I think the only midfielder that has ever come close in the modern era is Steve Johnson, with seven goals and ~30 possessions.

Meanwhile 2015 has come along and is at odds with your assertions.

Meanwhile 2015 has come along and is at odds with your assertions.

Pretty naive call.. For all we know he could be the next Scully. He has the personality type and inconsistent career record to suit that fate.

What's to say he isn't a puffer?

Last edited:
Pretty naive call.. For all we know he could be the next Scully. He has the personality type and inconsistent career record to suit that fate.

Your wrong ... He was norm smith favourite in 2013 at 21
All Australian squad at 19
Top 3 last year and top this year
He's the best because he is consistent, been a star every year including 2012 when he came back from shoulder injury
Now he's undisputed superstar and it's obvious he won't decline for a few years - there will always be all time greats every decade

anyone can see his consistent progression, with a few "breakout" steps taking him into the truly elite category. As for personality type he seems totally committed to being the best at everything he does, always wanting and striving to be better - a true champion attitude - don't get confused by his country upbringing (though very many from the country learn the benefit of hard committed work early in life) and easy going relaxed conversation, if anything that shows how comfortable he is with who he is and thus totally in control of his destiny by his own actions.

certainly my favorite younger player and as he progresses will be the perfect persona/face for AFL footy - his biggest challenge is not to change too much in character in coming years. I think Freo will be hard pressed to keep him in coming years (no matter how loyal and how much he wants to stay at Freo) - AFL will want him elsewhere.

Last edited:
anyone can see his consistent progression, with a few "breakout" steps taking him into the truly elite category. As for personality type he seems totally committed to being the best at everything he does, always wanting and striving to be better - a true champion attitude - don't get confused by his country upbringing (though very many from the country learn the benefit of hard committed work early in life) and easy going relaxed conversation, if anything that shows how comfortable he is with who he is and thus totally in control of his destiny by his own actions.

certainly my favorite younger player and as he progresses will be the perfect persona/face for AFL footy - his biggest challenge is not to change too much in character in coming years. I think Freo will be hard pressed to keep him in coming years (no matter how loyal and how much he wants to stay at Freo) - AFL will want him elsewhere.
If he ends up at either Sydney club on a 25 year deal, I will personally burn down AFLHQ.

There's just no chance these days that any midfielder could kick that many, given they are rotated off after each goal for a rest and their opposite numbers put so much time and effort into stopping them.

I think the only midfielder that has ever come close in the modern era is Steve Johnson, with seven goals and ~30 possessions.
Judd kicked 6 against Brisbane didn't he? 5 in the first half iirc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok 5 it is. Never said he did it more than once. I responded to the post that said there was no chance it would ever happen.
It underscores how difficult it is if even Judd at his best couldn't do it.

As a man, you don't want to know how far I'd go to keep him in purple.

Hopefully Ablett recovers fully, love to see them 1 on 1. With Crowley out be an interesting match up.

As a man, you don't want to know how far I'd go to keep him in purple.

Take it out on AFL HQ - if it happens

I love seeing elite players as one club players, through thick and thin with the clubs that develop them, and then they help develop others - just like Pavlich has done with Freo - builds on club culture, and helps differentiate clubs against the continual AFL money grab plastic fantastic franchises.

(excepting NSW and Qld clubs of course with their extreme concessions)

don't think any Freo fans should worry about him leaving. Unless he has the uncontrollable urge to be Gazza-like wealthy that is. He'll get more than enough from the club to be content with Im guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back