Solved Forum Search

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing comes to mind right now, but in the past I have felt limited when searching for specific stuff. If it happens again I'll let you know.
Really? You've complained but can't actually offer any information as to why there's an issue?

Really? You've complained but can't actually offer any information as to why there's an issue?
Uh yeah, I posted that a couple of weeks ago after someone raised the search function in the discussion. I'd remembered having difficulty with it before, but I cannot remember specifically what it was. It's not really hard to conceive that I've forgotten something as minute as a previous BigFooty search.

Uh yeah, I posted that a couple of weeks ago after someone raised the search function in the discussion. I'd remembered having difficulty with it before, but I cannot remember specifically what it was. It's not really hard to conceive that I've forgotten something as minute as a previous BigFooty search.
To expand on the search function, I find it difficult to search through members' previous posts if I don't have any keywords to base it off. For example, if I remember that Chief posted something from December last year but I don't remember what it was, it's extremely difficult to locate the post without a lot of time wasting and clicking. Not sure if that had anything to do with your complaint, but it's something I've noticed.

Particularly if I want to have a stalk back to someone's first post on Big Footy haha.

I don't have any suggestions as to how to fix it, because I know that it's just how forums work (and it's generally the same in every online forum), but searching by date would be a cool implementation.

Nothing comes to mind right now, but in the past I have felt limited when searching for specific stuff. If it happens again I'll let you know.
Going back a few years in my memory bank my experience with searching forums has only been good on the vBulletin ran forum which had plenty of options. Xenforo is ass when it comes to default search features, however I'm sure there is plugins released to enhance the search tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back