Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish! If it was that much of a disturbance we would not have made the GF at all, We were in that game right up to our ears and did not take our chances, Geelong pulled away late and were too good,.
This was not some superstar Collingwood side that ruled the competition, things were a lot closer between sides in those years and we managed to snare one.
I'm pretty sure that was the day that Mick turned an absolute spud into a superstar of the AFL. Awesome coaching I reckon but I just wish it had been one of our players! :p

ok it's time to swoop....the master's contract has been terminated and he's available to come back to Collingwood. I would like to see a show of hands before I write to the club and demand that Mick is allowed to take over the reins again and lead us to glory...

Was wondering when you would turn up in this thread. Have you been spending time on a new devious plan? What happened to your dedication to Clarko - is that abandoned now that a vastly better option, if somewhat tired and dog eared, is back on the market?

Rubbish! If it was that much of a disturbance we would not have made the GF at all, We were in that game right up to our ears and did not take our chances, Geelong pulled away late and were too good,.
This was not some superstar Collingwood side that ruled the competition, things were a lot closer between sides in those years and we managed to snare one.

THANK YOU!

I just don't get how he lost us the GF. Haters will make any excuse to get stuck in to him.

Up at half time by three points, Mick must have told them that he was leaving at half time. If that's the case then he did cost us the GF.

We were cooked and underdone by GF day, plus Geelong were better than us that year they beat us 3/3 games.

I acknowledge that Mick's farewell statement was gracious, even statesman like. But it was published on the same day he took a massive public swipe at his employer.

The Two Faces of Mick. Classic Malthouse.

I also acknowledge that some posters are being generous in their comments about Mick, and are recommending that respect be shown to him. There is some truth and integrity in that.

But when, since leaving the Pies, has he shown us any respect? What about his treatment of Bucks - his public slights of our coach?

I cannot respect a man who has treated my beloved club the way he has.

I acknowledge that Mick's farewell statement was gracious, even statesman like. But it was published on the same day he took a massive public swipe at his employer.

The Two Faces of Mick. Classic Malthouse.

I also acknowledge that some posters are being generous in their comments about Mick, and are recommending that respect be shown to him. There is some truth and integrity in that.

But when, since leaving the Pies, has he shown us any respect? What about his treatment of Bucks - his public slights of our coach?

I cannot respect a man who has treated my beloved club the way he has.
I can't help but agree with this. Like most, I will always be grateful that he brought us a premiership even if I personally believe that he was one cog in the machine that actually achieved that but right now, it seems a bit too soon to be suggesting that it is our club which ought to be holding out the olive branch. Of course I don 't expect that it will ever be offered by Mick and I am reasonably confident that it will be Ed who will ultimately be the respectful diplomat but I wouldn't like to see it right now.

Was wondering when you would turn up in this thread. Have you been spending time on a new devious plan? What happened to your dedication to Clarko - is that abandoned now that a vastly better option, if somewhat tired and dog eared, is back on the market?

some of us remember 2010/2011 and the magical time when we dominated the world before the disintegration of our team under buckley. There are many of us who loved and revered the master and will never get over how he was sacrificed to install the current coach. The downhill slide has been obvious and i'm afraid that we'll never just let it slide and allow buckley to take us to a long stint at the bottom of the ladder. It seems s at Malthouse has retired and we need to use our power and influence to buy the best coach and thats clarko.

Like our mentor Malthouse, there is a large group of us in the forum that want to return to the days when players played for their coach and loved him and would go into battle for him. The current coach is just not delivering all those feelings. We want them back. It is these qualities that I am dedicated to.

It's been a difficult time for us. We need to grieve and shed our tears for the way that the master was put to the sword...

Geelong pulled away late because of Micks shocking match day coaching. Leaving Reid on 1 leg against Hawkins when Taz should've been playing on him. Selecting Fasolo instead of Goldsack in the team when half our backline came into the game under injury clouds.

Everyone in the country but Mick knew Reid was cooked and Taz should be on Hawkins. Jpod was off injured so there was no excuse. Reid subbed off for Goldsack and we would've been in with a chance to win.

During his time I remember us having a few slow starts and coming back to win but in general Mick was an average match day coach

mick-pierre-malthouse.png

"The rat has left the drainpipe. I repeat, the rat has left the drainpipe. Proceeding to Fremantle via Port Adelaide..."

Pretty sure he's referring to the lack of acknowledgement shown to The Sampler's quality post.

I definitely agree with Ed, it was quality, however, I have no like privileges so couldn't pay it the respect it deserved.

Yep. That post didn't get nearly enough likes for mine.

Huh?

Outside Geelong, we were thumping sides by 10 goals weekly with 10 minutes of football. We were pretty dominant. Mick DID cost us the premiership that year. He played Reid injured (plus a couple of others), he never moved Tarrant onto Hawkins even to TRY it and was a constant distraction throughout the year with his whining over being replaced.

Pretty sure Cloke and Pendles have both said as much in interviews as recently as late last year or early this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish, re-writing history?

THANK YOU!

I just don't get how he lost us the GF. Haters will make any excuse to get stuck in to him.

Up at half time by three points, Mick must have told them that he was leaving at half time. If that's the case then he did cost us the GF.

We were cooked and underdone by GF day, plus Geelong were better than us that year they beat us 3/3 games.

I believe that Mick did cost us the 2011 premiership and here is why. Mick was unhappy about finishing as coach and he made his feelings known both internally and publicly. This had an adverse affect on some players and it contributed to a down turn in our form that resulted in a final round thrashing against Geelong. After that game we were always going to struggle.

The win against West Coast was patchy and the win against Hawthorn, whilst miraculous, was lucky. The tears that Mick shed in the box were for him. He allowed his self-indulgence to affect the players and it was enough to reduce our performance by enough to ensure that Geelong became the better team.

There are still a chosen few who seem oblivious to the self-centred nature of this man when it comes to his coaching career.
Most of us believe, (and have heard how) he created the friction, (internally and externally) that potentially derailed our 2011.
Some questioned why he wasn't allowed to continue on as coach?
Here's some reasons; at Collingwood his Pigheadedness in the 2011 GF and utter disdain for Bucks.
At the other mob, a win/loss ration of 37% and also the absolute delusion at the start of the 2015 season when he said he can't see the Bloosers losing a game.
To be fair, the later statement was misheard by all and sundry, he actually said I can't see us winning a game in Australia in 2015:D
Clearly Eddie was right!!

Last edited:
Geelong pulled away late because of Micks shocking match day coaching. Leaving Reid on 1 leg against Hawkins when Taz should've been playing on him. Selecting Fasolo instead of Goldsack in the team when half our backline came into the game under injury clouds.
I have never understood this. NEVER. Taz had JPod in his pocket in the first half. Move should have been made. Mick's public statements re various players performance on the day should never have been made either

That is absolute rubbish! It was statistically the best Collingwood team since 1930 and contained half a side of past, current or future AA's. If you were to do year by year comparisons of Collingwood's 118 years in VFL/ AFL football that 2011 team would be guaranteed of a spot in the top 5 at worst!

Didn't rule the competition, bah!!

With the hand grenade thrown at Trigg and the Betts situation, I wonder when Thomas knew he was going to be a Blue?
Pot, Kettle, I think.
I reported on Nick's that MM, Judd and Murphy had visited Dale in hospital when he had his ankle surgery in 2013 (have a nurse friend) and that the way they were acting, Daisy was already a blue. I was howled down as a troll (had only been posting for a few months at the time) and posters said I was jumping at shadows.

I said back then, and maintain now, that Thomas had been planning his defection since MM was appointed to Carlton, maybe earlier.

It's time to invite Mick back for that Director of Coaching position.
I think that's a great idea, get Ed to run it by Mick first.
Then Mick can ring Bucks and say, "hey Bucks how about we start what we didn't actually start"?
Bucks would say, no thanks Mick I've already started and am doing just fine, (Bucks hangs up phone pissing himself laughing).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back