List Mgmt. 2024 Season final list (post trade & draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Something that doesn't seem to have come out anywhere previously is the fact that Oscar Steene has been elevated from the rookie list to the primary list (at some stage, it should have been at the time of the National Draft). We knew the numbers didn't add up, as it seemed to be that we had just 35 players on the main list (one short of the minimum 36), and 4 rookies. The AFL Season Guide has just been released (much earlier this year than usual), and our list is shown with Begg, Carmichael and Dean indicated as the rookies. It's mentioned in several places (in the book) that Steene has been elevated, along with Johnson and Markov, who we knew about:
1705566525918.png
That's a big plus for young Oscar, and I'm sure the club has plenty of faith in him.

So we now have 36 on the primary list and 3 Category A Rookies, for a total of 39 players.

Last edited:
Something that doesn't seem to have come out anywhere previously is the fact that Oscar Steene has been elevated from the rookie list to the primary list (at some stage, it should have been at the time of the National Draft). We knew the numbers didn't add up, as it seemed to be that we had just 35 players on the main list (one short of the minimum 36), and 4 rookies. The AFL Season Guide has just been released (much earlier this year than usual), and our list is shown with Begg, Carmichael and Dean indicated as the rookies. It's mentioned in several places (in the book) that Steene has been elevated, along with Johnson and Markov, who we knew about:
View attachment 1888605
That's a big plus for young Oscar, and I'm sure the club has plenty of faith in him.

So we now have 36 on the primary list and 3 Category A Rookies, for a total of 39 players.
Wow..
There you go, that explains it.

Wow..
There you go, that explains it.
Yep, and I don't think many would have been expecting Oscar to get the nod. Begg and Carmichael were probably thought more likely, so they might feel they've moved down the pecking order a bit. Begg in particular would have to know he'll need a big year to stay on the list.

Yep, and I don't think many would have been expecting Oscar to get the nod. Begg and Carmichael were probably thought more likely, so they might feel they've moved down the pecking order a bit. Begg in particular would have to know he'll need a big year to stay on the list.
Shows how much belief they have in him. To put him ahead of those drafted before like him dean, carmichael and begg. Thats huge for Oscar.

View attachment 1888605

You learn something new with every day. Oscar Stein a regular player now. Every time I hear the name, for some reason I think of great heroics on the sidelines of WWII. I expect big things of Oscar.

Last edited:
You learn something new with every day. Oscar Stein a regular player now. Every time I hear the name, for some reason I think of greats heroics on the sidelines of WWII. I expect big things of Oscar.
Yes, I'm hopeful too. Seems to have strong hands and I loved the way he guts'ed-it-out in the ruck last year against stronger and more experienced opposition and he never shirked a contest - demonstrated great character.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back