LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty poor form by the LVFL under 18s to not fill an interleague side because of a lack of interest, watching a under 18 interleague side at the QEO on Saturday and i believe we would have easily rolled both sides in that under 18s match at the QEO, whats happening in country footy for our under ages?

In relation to this I do know that we (lvfnl) were happy to play. The Alberton league could not bring a side up due to a number of reasons. In fact there was talk that we would play against the Heathcote lads due to my old mob the Central Murray potentially not bringing a side. As it turned out the Central Murray did choose to play. So in fairness to the LVFNL the lack of an under 18 game for our boys was not due to lack of interest/effort from our end

In relation to this I do know that we (lvfnl) were happy to play. The Alberton league could not bring a side up due to a number of reasons. In fact there was talk that we would play against the Heathcote lads due to my old mob the Central Murray potentially not bringing a side. As it turned out the Central Murray did choose to play. So in fairness to the LVFNL the lack of an under 18 game for our boys was not due to lack of interest/effort from our end
The CM were always bringing a side, don't know where you got that info from

What's the word out at Serp. I have heard that Chalkie is no longer coaching
Chalkie got up and spoke in front of the group and said that he didn't have the time to commit to the coaching job. He sighted time and the fracture of his eye socket as the reason that he was handing over the reigns to Mick to do it solo. He will help out Mick where he can.

The new points system and salary cap next year will be interesting. How many points is your best team worth currently? How many points will the league set as the maximum points you can have? How will the salary cap be set. what is a reasonable salary cap for LVFL. All the clubs are in favour of it, but will they stick to it. I believe that $110,000 is a reasonable cap for LVFL. There will be some clubs who are well below that and there will be some clubs who are well above that. Clubs and volunteers can't keep bleeding for the players anymore. Time for a reality check for some players. The players have been asking for more and more and the standard of footy is getting worse. The salary cap will only work if the integrity of the club is good. I have heard of talk already about how to get around the cap. This shouldn't be even talked about, the clubs wanted something done and now something is being done. Clubs need to show some ball and stick to their salary cap and reign in the spending so we can have a sustainable competition, one that is competitive and the rich cubs don't dominate.
My thoughts would be for 45 points and a $110,000 cap.

The new points system and salary cap next year will be interesting. How many points is your best team worth currently? How many points will the league set as the maximum points you can have? How will the salary cap be set. what is a reasonable salary cap for LVFL. All the clubs are in favour of it, but will they stick to it. I believe that $110,000 is a reasonable cap for LVFL. There will be some clubs who are well below that and there will be some clubs who are well above that. Clubs and volunteers can't keep bleeding for the players anymore. Time for a reality check for some players. The players have been asking for more and more and the standard of footy is getting worse. The salary cap will only work if the integrity of the club is good. I have heard of talk already about how to get around the cap. This shouldn't be even talked about, the clubs wanted something done and now something is being done. Clubs need to show some ball and stick to their salary cap and reign in the spending so we can have a sustainable competition, one that is competitive and the rich cubs don't dominate.

So your saying that if your a rich club your not going to be the best team in the comp? Well i would suspect that Bridgey are spending that much cash, and Pyramid Hill would be spending big money with there VFL players and those two teams are the best in league.

I believe the addy added up the points for each club when the points system was announced, with bridgy with one of the lower scores. Can't see how marong and ycw could have the same points as Miti, serp and calivil. 35 to 45 points for the clubs depending on populations and school sizes in area and 100 ,000 k cap

Can anyone tell me what is happening with this McLeod incident? I was told about it and then watched it on YouTube! I hate to use this terminology but this is a dog act! To run in from the side and take a swing at someone while on the ground, no one deserves this. I would estimate he would have to get at least a minimum of 4 weeks for this incident.

Can anyone tell me what is happening with this McLeod incident? I was told about it and then watched it on YouTube! I hate to use this terminology but this is a dog act! To run in from the side and take a swing at someone while on the ground, no one deserves this. I would estimate he would have to get at least a minimum of 4 weeks for this incident.
On YouTube? Better throw the link up so we can all be the tribunal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the addy added up the points for each club when the points system was announced, with bridgy with one of the lower scores. Can't see how marong and ycw could have the same points as Miti, serp and calivil. 35 to 45 points for the clubs depending on populations and school sizes in area and 100 ,000 k cap

Still plent to play out old mate with a fair bit of consultation with clubs i believe which is a good thing

Pretty poor form by the LVFL under 18s to not fill an interleague side because of a lack of interest, watching a under 18 interleague side at the QEO on Saturday and i believe we would have easily rolled both sides in that under 18s match at the QEO, whats happening in country footy for our under ages?
This is an outrageous statement. If you look back in history it has been a number of years since the LVFL have even been competitive with the HDFL in the junior interleague program. I'm guessing thats why the HDFL are putting together an under 17's team to take on the LVFL under 18's team in the coming weeks. Should be a good game really considering what the LVFL have dished up at junior interleague level in the past.

Can newbridge be the smokey to take a few scalps come finals time? Seem to be rolling now! Will ford be back this year?

It was a great hitout at Elmore on Sunday. Was some real talent out there for both teams. It was good HDFL played an under 17s team to even the competition up a bit. They would've done some real damage with the under 18's that represented the league against CM.

Can newbridge be the smokey to take a few scalps come finals time? Seem to be rolling now! Will ford be back this year?
I was at the game, Marong vs Newbridge, and newbridge didn't play an outstanding brand of football, Marong played terrible. Newbridge never really looked like they were going to put Marong away until the last 5 minutes when Newbridge got a couple of goals, so, I don't see newbridge making very far in the finals campaign if they do make the finals that is.

I was at the game, Marong vs Newbridge, and newbridge didn't play an outstanding brand of football, Marong played terrible. Newbridge never really looked like they were going to put Marong away until the last 5 minutes when Newbridge got a couple of goals, so, I don't see newbridge making very far in the finals campaign if they do make the finals that is.
Pretty hand inclusions with Ford & Commer coming back in the next week or so apparently

Been quiet on here! Loddon Valley blockbuster this week with the Bridgey and Pyramid game bit of spite when the teams met the first time from memory, If Pyramid can repeat the dose and win again they will jump into flag Favs. Who does everyone like?

Been quiet on here! Loddon Valley blockbuster this week with the Bridgey and Pyramid game bit of spite when the teams met the first time from memory, If Pyramid can repeat the dose and win again they will jump into flag Favs. Who does everyone like?
You would think that if Connors, Andy Collins and Rohde play this time they should get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back