2015 Roland Garros

Remove this Banner Ad

Her side of the draw has opened up too. Serenas is a bit more interesting starting with her next match against Azarenka.

Still think Serena can't play any worse than last match and she should get through. Still have Kvitova though on her side which is a tough semi (I think)

im aware of that, just thought with reasonable form coming in it would be her best, or maybe last chance of doing well in a slam.

What form, she has been average for quite a while unfortunately her lack of any form of a backhand hurts, she has done well with her limited game to win 1 slam

Can see Murray either cracking the shits or Kyrgios trying too hard to overpower him and his touch winning in the end. So far has been highly entertaining - glad this is on when I don't really care about Richmond v Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a close match between Nick and Murray but Murray has just been way too solid. Some flashy moments from Nick but there are times where you have to just grind it out and he's chosen the wrong moments to go big. Murray has played the big points alot better. I thought Nick could've won the 1st set if he just dug in a bit and ground out a result... he play too reckless and casual at times when he thinks he is in a comfortable spot ie. 40-15 or 30-15. He needs to close games out especially against the big boys- they pounce on any half opportunity they get.

Decent tennis murray kyrgios, experience and poise helped murray to an easy win. Had 10$ on Murray -8.5 so nice 4$ odds there

Thought Kyrgios played fairly poorly, the matchup is crap but Nick is just spraying errors at completely unnecessary times. Hopefully the elbow won't be an issue once we got on the grass.

Kokkanksis is playing pretty well on the other hand.

Murray is such an awful matchup for Nick, particularly on the clay. One of about 4-5 players in the world that I probably wouldn't give him much of a chance against right now. That number is pretty damn impressive for a guy as young as Kyrgios is though.

Kyrgios needs to get better at recognising where the momentum lies. The commentary team picked this up as well, but he really had no idea how close he was to Murray for most of that match. Got too frustrated with himself at crucial moments when, in reality, he was a couple points here and there away from winning three sets to love. There was no need to get annoyed with himself. Yes, dropping serve isn't something you want to happen, but so often the momentum was with him and he pissed it away by being disappointed in himself for throwing in some loose shots.

I'm not one of those that are concerned about his aggression/explosiveness, but it did let him down yesterday. Against an opponent you really can't allow it to, unfortunately.

Did appreciate the courtside mic picking up, "I got nerves ******* coming out of my arse," though. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back