Review Dogs subdue the pig shooters (GWS) 113-68

Remove this Banner Ad

If only the club had the foresight to invest in 150 of these masks for the Bulldogs supporters behind the GWS race. Griffin would seen them plenty as he went to a from the bench in his forlorn search of a possession.

View attachment 139398

Image courtesy of MYOB.
Brilliant. Hilarious stuff. That is A grade quality banter.

Extremely audacious move to have a first gamer and Fletcher Roberts who has barely played any games as your key defenders. But they played like 200 gamers!!

How good is Roberts marking? And he's quick with good foot skills too. What a great pick up.
Is it possible to play roughy, Roberts, hamling AND Talia in the same team?
Do we even want someone like Carlisle? .. I don't think so

We were definitely up for it.

Corr (hahaha who?) and Haynes were giving it to Boyd before the bounce and Minson ran through - literally ran through - both of them. Bontempelli was scragging and sledging Gruffwit at every center bounce. Hrovat, Wallis, Picken and co weren't afraid to fly the flag without crossing the line.

And just when you think this win couldn't get any better, you notice it was Heath Shaw's 200th match. Beautiful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that they were taking the piss with his SC before I realised that SC doesn't care if players are chipping it around or the player that receives a pass is immediately tackled/stripped of the ball.
Firstly excuse my woeful use of his and he's something that disgusts me when I see others misuse :eek: But yeah he played on pretty much every behind that we had, and took a few intercepts! Efficiency by foot helps in SC :p

And just when you think this win couldn't get any better, you notice it was Heath Shaw's 200th match. Beautiful.
Plus his 140 odd SC points :p
I thought that they were taking the piss with his SC before I realised that SC doesn't care if players are chipping it around or the player that receives a pass is immediately tackled/stripped of the ball.
The TV commentary said he kicked to himself on every kick-in. Cheap stats. I think at that stage he was up to 13 kicks from playing on after a behind had been scored.

Just proves you shouldn't get too hung up on the stats.

The TV commentary said he kicked to himself on every kick-in. Cheap stats. I think at that stage they were up to 13 kicks from playing on after a behind had been scored.

Just proves you shouldn't get too hung up on the stats.
Mostly was his Dad getting into him about it, I liked it :D

I'm pretty glad that we ruined that pricks 200th, makes it all the better.

At least he got a good turnout from the GWS supporter in recognition of his milestone.

So many good players are going to play out their careers in relative anonymity up there.

That was a great win, still trying to work out what benefit
the Stringer and Crameri outs had as our forward fifty work
was incredibly dangerous so much so that we should have
won by a lot more.

Maybe the added mobility helped stifle their hand ball over
reliant game style. Our best football is well and truly good
enough to compete well with most sides. Easton Wood is
a better attacking defender than he is a lock down, ALL
AUSTRALIAN lock it in.

At least he got a good turnout from the GWS supporter in recognition of his milestone.

So many good players are going to play out their careers in relative anonymity up there.
"If a former Bulldogs captain plays out the latter years of his career in orange in front of nobody, did he ever play in orange at all?"

I can't for the life of me understand why people would boo Callan Ward. He was a 21 year old kid being offered $1 million a season when he was nothing more than a promising young footballer. How could anybody seriously hold that against him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back