Unofficial Preview Changes vs Hawks (Team in OP, Moore and Maynard to debut! Sack out inj. Seed omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably wont win but like always I hope we do. As long as we put up a good effort like the Freo game I'll be very happy.

I hate playing them as they always seem to kick goals out of their arses.

Probably wont win but like always I hope we do. As long as we put up a good effort like the Freo game I'll be very happy.

I hate playing them as they always seem to kick goals out of their arses.
That's because they are super talented I'm afraid.

Just watched Bucks on 360:

1) Stated heavy cork but was about to say 'if gets through training'.. till he was interrupted. IMO it was more positive than been reported on here as he also stated that after the cork they left him on the bench to give him the best opportunity to get up with a 6 day break.

2) Moore in the mix for this week

3) Cloke he sort of brushed off, which once again is only my opinion, but i would have liked him to be a bit more effusive about him.

4) Grundy seems more a yes than no from what he said.

Interesting he said we could be up to 4-5 players different by the end of the year whilst also making the point those in the team are doing okay.

White goes out, Tyson goes forward and Reid goes into defense.

There is no way that frost gets dropped. Or Blair for that matter.

There is also no way White gets dropped, he is the best person we have currently to fill his position. It also forces Gibson to man up

The Ben Reid injury quiz

Is it...

A: calf tightness as first reported by the Hun
B: Just cramping as Tapping later said
C: A kick to the calf as Balmey stated
D: A deep corky according to Bucks
E: Rested in the last for Hawthorn, Sam Gastin

Come on anyone can play

The Ben Reid injury quiz

Is it...

A: calf tightness as first reported by the Hun
B: Just cramping as Tapping later said
C: A kick to the calf as Balmey stated
D: A deep corky according to Bucks
E: Rested in the last for Hawthorn, Sam Gastin

Come on anyone can play
either way his not playing this week. The last corky he had he was out for a couple.

Not sure who Buckley's trying to kid? It isn't a deep cork or he would have iced up post match Saturday. Hawthorn would be well aware of that considering you know we did play their reserves on Saturday... Whether he plays at senior level this week is another matter entirely though.

One thing worth considering is that he would be massive odds of being back at senior level until v West Coast at the earliest if he doesn't get up for this week. Because there's no way they'll take him over to SA off a 5 day break if he plays VFL and if he doesn't get up at all this week he certainly isn't playing seniors the following week.

Don't think Bucks is trying to kid anyone. As he said, if it were another player they most likely would have played out the game. I'm thinking the coaches saw enough in Reids 3 quarters (24 possies, 14 marks) to think, let's get him off and prepare him for Friday night.

They've been very conservative with Reidy but now is the time to get him back in the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Bucks is trying to kid anyone. As he said, if it were another player they most likely would have played out the game. I'm thinking the coaches saw enough in Reids 3 quarters (24 possies, 14 marks) to think, let's get him off and prepare him for Friday night.

They've been very conservative with Reidy but now is the time to get him back in the seniors.

I repeat who is he trying to kid stating that it's a corkie? There's something going on obviously (be it tightness, a cramp or whatever) and they may well play it safe, but to say it's a corkie when no symptoms post match indicate that is the case is something only the most naive would believe. Or are you stating that you could walk away from a deep corkie unimpeded within 30 minutes without even applying ice?

Well if reports are true that he sat on the bench with no icing or anything and was seen walking just fine, then Bucks is possibly just being cheeky and hoping Hawthorn plans for no Reid.

Dude, we're zero chance of beating you. I just want us to be competitive like the Freo game.

Zero chance? Now that's glass half empty to the extreme. Hawthorn weren't exactly convincing against Adelaide or Essendon and we are playing some decent footy. Will we win? Probably not. Can we win? ******* oath we can.

I repeat who is he trying to kid stating that it's a corkie? There's something going on obviously (be it tightness, a cramp or whatever) and they may well play it safe, but to say it's a corkie when no symptoms post match indicate that is the case is something only the most naive would believe. Or are you stating that you could walk away from a deep corkie unimpeded within 30 minutes without even applying ice?

It was a combo of slight cramp, Reid playing a blinder and only 6 days til the Hawthorn game IMO as to why he sat out the final quarter.

Blind Freddy could see it wasnt a deep corkie. He may well have copped a kick or whatever but he was moving freely post match.

It was a combo of slight cramp, Reid playing a blinder and only 6 days til the Hawthorn game IMO as to why he sat out the final quarter.

Blind Freddy could see it wasnt a deep corkie. He may well have copped a kick or whatever but he was moving freely post match.

Exactly hence why I asked who Buckley was trying to kid with his comments... The only purpose they serve is to put some supporters further on edge after he missed a month with a "corkie" earlier this season.

One things for sure I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrows session so the discussion can be put to bed one way or another. He trains he plays. He doesn't train he misses another stretch. His importance to our chances certain doesn't help the matter...

Is young injured?
He played his first full game since returning from injury in the VFL on Saturday. He did nothing special but he got through the game, so in another 1-2 weeks he will be available for selection if we need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back