FTA-TV MasterChef 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else here thinks crab>>lobster? or is it just me
I'm with you. Lobster or crayfish is disgusting.

Anyway, some good dishes put up tonight. I think Amy probably deserved to go at this point. After yesterdays challenge I thought Jessie might've gone with smoked cod, as the poms love that. There's really no place to hide now, and that makes it even more interesting to watch.

Sad to see her go, but Amy was the right choice. As mentioned, thought either her or Georgia were in trouble as soon as they announced that the challenge was 'right up their alley'. Not sure why they keep offering 'British cuisine' in challenges, it's almost a contradiction in terms.

Well tonights episode was a bit meh, but to recap....

Immunity: Reynold, Georgia, Jessie, and Sara.

Elimination: Billie (who won the mystery box), Jessica (horrific undercooked duck), Ashleigh (awful dish all round), and Matthew (unlucky but the sauce didn't work, too much vinegar)

The bottom 4 dishes would have all been pretty good if they got certain elements right. The standards pretty high amongst this lot. Jessica had an off day overall by what we saw. Ashleigh hardly shown at all on this show so you knew she was going to be on the bottom. Billie and Matt inconsistent this week.

I think anyone of these people can win this, so it really comes down to nailing it each and every time.

The bottom 4 dishes would have all been pretty good if they got certain elements right. The standards pretty high amongst this lot. Jessica had an off day overall by what we saw. Ashleigh hardly shown at all on this show so you knew she was going to be on the bottom. Billie and Matt inconsistent this week.

I think anyone of these people can win this, so it really comes down to nailing it each and every time.

Still can't see Matthew winning it. Lovely bloke but as a cook the others are much better.

And Georgia and Jessie, two of the weakest cooks remaining IMO, nailed their dishes tonight. Certainly they don't handle pressure well.

And Georgia and Jessie, two of the weakest cooks remaining IMO, nailed their dishes tonight. Certainly they don't handle pressure well.
Georgia is better than Jessie, Billie, Reynold, Ashleigh and Matthew IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he can cook good dishes that compete with the others, his problem is his inconsistency.

That is probably the reason he won't win, 1 good dish out of 2 won't win it.

Georgia is so inconsistent. Her dish tonight, it may have tasted and looked great, but what was the cooking? A crumb and some frozen yogurt in 60 minutes? Meh.

Billie is the best overall cook, then probably Sara. Then raffle the others.

Being a dessert challenge I think Ashleigh will be ok.

Ditto Billie. Was the top dish in the first challenge today on a desert.

Out of Jessica (with her inconsistencies and her not ever doing a desert), and Matthew.

Georgia is not that great. Her dishes today were pretty simple. I mean they weren't awful and obviously they were tasty but I don't think she's as creative as others such as Billie, Reynold, Ashleigh and Matthew. Churros and some strawberry dish that didn't even have that much cooking or technique is nothing special. Last week the judges questioned another one of her dishes saying it was too simple. She did that terrible chicken and corn soup as well.

Georgia is not that great. Her dishes today were pretty simple. I mean they weren't awful and obviously they were tasty but I don't think she's as creative as others such as Billie, Reynold, Ashleigh and Matthew. Churros and some strawberry dish that didn't even have that much cooking or technique is nothing special. Last week the judges questioned another one of her dishes saying it was too simple. She did that terrible chicken and corn soup as well.

This. I'm sorry but what did Georgia actually cook tonight? Was there anything that difficult? I just think she is the definition of 'solid without being spectacular'. Billie personally shows a lot more technique and risk in her cooking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back