Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't pay him anymore than 500,000 a year, maybe give him a long contract. Be good to beat the pies on player

Thats what the Pies are paying Taylor Adams I think...

I have it on good authority Treloar is out. Going to which ever Melbourne club offers us the best deal.
He's told a couple of players close to him. I've heard it through a close family member of one of those players.

Did say that he has a preference of club but will go to the club that offers us the best deal out of loyalty to the foundation players and the Lamberts.
Every Melbourne club in is in play.

From the GWS board.

I think his preference is the Pies and app we've offered around 750K, now this has come out so who knows what will happen...

Then like i said you won't get him and nor we will we. Simply don't have the currency required.

I have it on good authority Treloar is out. Going to which ever Melbourne club offers us the best deal.
He's told a couple of players close to him. I've heard it through a close family member of one of those players.

Did say that he has a preference of club but will go to the club that offers us the best deal out of loyalty to the foundation players and the Lamberts.
Every Melbourne club in is in play.

From the GWS board.

I think his preference is the Pies and app we've offered around 750K, now this has come out so who knows what will happen...
For 750k you can have him, we don't even pay Cotchin that much

Well we are done then. No preference means Saints, Blues, Dees and *shudder* drug cheats in the box seat.

The bonus with the druggies tho is Dodoro will offer up Kavanagh and Pears and their fans will be shocked when GWS do not accept that offer as it is by far the best.

Carlisle?

Thats what the Pies are paying Taylor Adams I think...
Around 450k pretty sure but yeah close enough

Then like i said you won't get him and nor we will we. Simply don't have the currency required.
Personally I think there is no way he would agree to move to the basket cases in Ess and Blues.
Surely he'd want a team on the up like the Pies or Tigers who would be chasing a flag from next year on and teams that play in front of huge crowds, then theres the Saints or Dogs with good young lists.

For 750k you can have him, we don't even pay Cotchin that much
hahahaha 750k gtfo
It's close to Pendles territory too. So I dont agree with offering up that much either, but we have traded out some big earners over the last couple years so could even front load it...

Martin, rance, Cotch, jack, and lids all took unders to keep the team together. Brando told his coach "just take the ******* deal" on first offer

Now what message does it send on wage austerity and sacrifice for the team, if a kid still in pampers is getting more than just about all of that list?

It really depends on what was meant by

If it means who throws the most cash then it'll be Collingwood.

If its who can satisfy GWS the most then the 4 teams i mentioned have the best picks.
very true, think Treloar is Pies fall back if they can't get dangerfield across

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think there is no way he would agree to move to the basket cases in Ess and Blues.
Surely he'd want a team on the up like the Pies or Tigers who would be chasing a flag from next year on and teams that play in front of huge crowds, then theres the Saints or Dogs with good young lists.

Our first's are most likely to be between 12-16 discounting Dangerfield compo. GWS fairly will want more then thats, so it comes down to convincing Treloar thats fair currency for him. Then the 750k is overs but you might have to stump 600-750k up as the Dees will fore sure throw 750k at him (Apparently they are throwing will over 1.2 at Danger but he isn't very interested) and I could see at least Carlton matching that.

Plus the Dees, Saints, Blues, Druggies and even Dogs could offer between 5-10 then thats probably a true reflection of his value or maybe if they get a pick 3 or 4 they might swap firsts or something, although I suspect GWS will want a second first rounder to offset Hopper and Kennedy. That of course changes if you can trade future picks.

How good is it that when Dimma came in we were the joke of the AFL? Now we have all of our key players signing up early for less money (Although I concede I don't know what Rance is getting) and Melbourne, who are better off than we were, are apparently offering millions. Like one player can fix all their problems. I hope for the sakes of Nathan Jones and players who have stuck tough with them that Melbourne don't disrespect them by offering an outsider more money.

I'm all for offering long term deals to both Danger and Treloar, but only if their salary doesn't disrespect the players we already have. This team first culture we have is impressive, and could lead to bigger and better things anyway. We keep getting better

Out of interest, I know Treloar was an underage recruit, but if he made it to the draft what pick do you think he would have been?

Martin, rance, Cotch, jack, and lids all took unders to keep the team together. Brando told his coach "just take the ******* deal" on first offer

Now what message does it send on wage austerity and sacrifice for the team, if a kid still in pampers is getting more than just about all of that list?
Pies have no problem paying kids more than their stars :oops:

culture

Unfortunately you just have to pay overs to get quality. The flipside is that this also means players from your own club can walk for much more money.
I'd be against paying him $750k but I wouldn't be angry about it.
Bottom line is all our stars are locked away while we can challenge to be consistent top 4 contenders. Adding Treloar would be very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back