Opinion Treloar, meet kitchen sink

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more tot he point is, all our players have taken unders in the aspirations of winning a flag at Tigerland, in doing so I assume they acknowledge we are not there yet and therefore need to add more top end talent to our list. I imagine they are ACTUALLY happy to sacrifice soem of their earning power if it goes directly to getting more talent to achieve the end goal. I wouldn't imagine they would be happy to do so if we don't do everything possible to make that happen

Unfortunately you just have to pay overs to get quality. The flipside is that this also means players from your own club can walk for much more money.
I'd be against paying him $750k but I wouldn't be angry about it.
Bottom line is all our stars are locked away while we can challenge to be consistent top 4 contenders. Adding Treloar would be very nice.
I agree that you have to pay overs, but there is a category above that and that's player group pay killer.

So we have been heavily linked to Treloar and Motlop now...if we get either one of those two players it would be a great off season. As well as another pre season into Conca, Lennon, Ellis, Drummond and Menadue. We would be set up for a big 2016!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORTH Melbourne and Richmond are prepared to offer Greater Western Sydney midfielder Adam Treloar six-year deals to lure the dazzling youngster home to Victoria.

After missing out on star Swan Daniel Hannebery, the Herald Sun understands the Tigers and Roos have both pitched bumper long-term deals to nab the out-of-contract Giant.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...-long-term-deals/story-fndv8lf1-1227430948775

No quotes and the bolded word doesn't fill with me confidence. Where there's smoke there's fire however.

Lel. Will Norf even be around in 6 years?

They'll have to back end his contract after they spent their rusty kitchen sink on Jarred Shaite.
Go home norf you're drunk and nobody wants you

motion to change thread tag to "nostrodamas lives" out of respect to TigersMan4.

think he ends up staying, however, he won't be at collingwood, i think they go hell for leather at danger, and if they can't get him, they do what we did, structure the contracts of the young key players, and pick out targets in the coming years.

they can't go out and sign treloar and then risk losing home grown talent.

Who we get seems like it's going to rely heavily on what happens with Dangerfield. If he goes to Geelong, then Collingwood will throw big money at Treloar and we'll probably find it easier to pry Motlop loose, but if he goes to Collingwood then we should be able to get Treloar because we'd be the most attractive option left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back