D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

4/5 last week, 53/65 total. This week
We just got the job done out at Monash, this week we'll be looking to find some form for our tough run home. Hoping to get over the Jocs, should be a ripper.
Match of the round at Hoe Park. Ivanhoe would be hoping to bounce back after (I think) leaving a ground with no points for the first time last week. I think they will prevail over the Raiders, but only just. Promises to be another pearler
Congrats to South Melbourne on their first win last week, short lived joy, Blues should be too good.
Another cracker at Monash, as I said last week they are hard to beat at home and have nearly knocked off Eltham and Parade in their last two hit outs at home. Think they will get the job done against the Snakes.
MHSOB too strong for Elsternwick, could get ugly in the magoo's
4/5 last week 57/70 total. This week -
Was a great game down at doveton on Saturday in windy conditions. If it wasn't for some lapses we definitely could have won, but credit to the Jocs they took their chances like good sides do, and they didn't bloody miss! This week I'm confident we will bounce back against the snakes back at home.
Monash touched up Richmond last week at home to all but secure their spot in D2 for 2016, but Ivanhoe away is a tough proposition. Hoes by a bit.
Parade too strong for the Wicks
St John's too strong for South Melbourne
Match of the round at Ruthven reserve. The Unicorns are in good form at the moment, think they will get over the Blues in a thriller

Round 15.
Old Eltham vs Richmond
Old Paradians vs Elsternwick
Ivanhoe vs Monash Gryphons
South Melbourne vs St Johns
Northern Blues
vs MHSOB

Very keen on getting down to check out northern v melb high(seem to be in great form)...should be a Pearler!!
I'm also tipping monash in a shock upset over the hoes!
Not for any other reason but to keep the Race for top 2 interesting!

Munro to hang on for the goal kicking, although St. John's play south, monash And elsternwick in the last 4 games so if Thornton gets off the leash he could make it very interesting. And if only Lovell didn't miss those games early it would make for a very exciting race!
Marcon from northern has been great to watch!
Boundy I think would have to be up there in saying that though couldn't get off the leash in the game I saw against the jocs, the chb for the jocs seemed to have his measure.
I also think a dark horse (no pun intended) would have to be the young Sudanese bloke from the jocs! Excitement machine!!!

are ivanhoe a bit out of touch or have monash that much?
Richmond look spent and look to have lost a bit out fight, disappointing year, i'd imagine they would of had higher hopes for this season

Richmond look spent and look to have lost a bit out fight, disappointing year, i'd imagine they would of had higher hopes for this season

Struggled for 2 and a half quarters, but put the foot down and won comfortably in the end.
Talking to the coach after the game he has 6 players he considers in the best 22 to return in the next 3 weeks so no real cause for concern.

The 2nds broke the club scoring record today as well. 44.25.289 to no score!

Struggled for 2 and a half quarters, but put the foot down and won comfortably in the end.
Talking to the coach after the game he has 6 players he considers in the best 22 to return in the next 3 weeks so no real cause for concern.

That would make a lot of sense
I think it's fair to say Eltham vs NB next week is season defining
Will be a cracker for sure

That would make a lot of sense
I think it's fair to say Eltham vs NB next week is season defining
Will be a cracker for sure
Definitely season defining for both sides, I will be there to watch them go at it, will be an exciting game to watch.
I've noticed that from our posts, three NB players have been tipped to win the comp medal. If that really is the case, can't see any of them winning as they will just be stealing votes off one an other.

did anyone catch the MH and NB game
That was clearly the match of the round heading in, with the unicorns in great form, i thought it would be a 3 goal win either way

around unavailable/injured players for Monash last week- goes a fair way to explaining twos result. When you run out with 15 or so players against a good side its going to be hard.

did anyone catch the MH and NB game
That was clearly the match of the round heading in, with the unicorns in great form, i thought it would be a 3 goal win either way

NB should be a major concern to the top 3. Get them on a big ground in finals and their running game is a real danger. They are my tip

Cant understand what has happened to Richmond Centrals this year. They came up from Div 3 full of promise and talent, and commenced the season being really competitive and looking as though they might make it into the 4 if luck went their way. They are barely putting up a yelp, have they got a list decimated by injury, or have they got wider problems? Even their spectator numbers are down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant understand what has happened to Richmond Centrals this year. They came up from Div 3 full of promise and talent, and commenced the season being really competitive and looking as though they might make it into the 4 if luck went their way. They are barely putting up a yelp, have they got a list decimated by injury, or have they got wider problems? Even their spectator numbers are down.

Spectator numbers haha - how the hell would you even know it's D2 Ammo footy - All depends on how many people are out walking the dog!!

4/5 last week 57/70 total. This week -
Was a great game down at doveton on Saturday in windy conditions. If it wasn't for some lapses we definitely could have won, but credit to the Jocs they took their chances like good sides do, and they didn't bloody miss! This week I'm confident we will bounce back against the snakes back at home.
Monash touched up Richmond last week at home to all but secure their spot in D2 for 2016, but Ivanhoe away is a tough proposition. Hoes by a bit.
Parade too strong for the Wicks
St John's too strong for South Melbourne
Match of the round at Ruthven reserve. The Unicorns are in good form at the moment, think they will get over the Blues in a thriller
4/5 last week 61/75 total. This week - match of the round up at the turtle dome. We were excellent for 2 quarters last week, but will need to play 4 this week to be the in form Blues. We must win if we want to play finals, lose and it makes it very hard.
Ivanhoe over elsternwick, could again get ugly in the twos after last weeks effort.
Parade too much firepower for the Snakes
St. John's too good for Monash
MHSOB to bounce back against South Melbourne

Massive game up in the leafy surrounds of far northern suburbs.

Elsternwick vs Ivanhoe
Old Eltham
vs Northern Blues
Richmond vs Old Paradians
MHSOB
vs South Melbourne
St Johns vs Monash Gryphons

We had a great day at the Snake Pit yesterday. The clubbies won a home final, the reserves got back into form, and the Seniors pulled off a big upset. Together with a big crowd and our past players day. Great fun. Go Snakes!

We had a great day at the Snake Pit yesterday. The clubbies won a home final, the reserves got back into form, and the Seniors pulled off a big upset. Together with a big crowd and our past players day. Great fun. Go Snakes!

What happened at the snake pit, parade get injuries or beaten by a better team. Deffinately a big upset. Well done

And what about the turtles, didn't see that big score happening. Anyone at the game, were the blues at the gane

Not sure of Parades injuries, but we seem to match up well with them. Went down by 9 points the first game, won by that much in the rematch. Richmond have had a rocky season is true, but hopefull can win their last two games and finish with a decent first season in d2.

Good win by the turtles yesterday. Probably the best game we've played in a must win game for us.

On a side note. I'm all for playing the game hard and a bit of biffo now and then. I've done some questionable things on the field over 10 plus years, but I draw the line at king hits. To the young blue who king hit me yesterday and nearly broke my jaw, knocking me out in the process, you're lucky I'm an old school footballer and will leave it on the field. But in the future, pull your head in coward

Who was it? Don't be shy..

The Herald Sun had the scores in the reserves as 0.0 to 0.0 !!

Well done to Ivanhoe captain Mitch Lovell with 13 goals on Saturday, and to Vice Captain Tommy O'Donnell who has been selected by the Ammos to tour Ireland.

Any ideas on attendances from the weekend? A clear indication of a team’s “wider problems”…………..

Some interesting results on the weekend .............

* Snakes and Turtles get the chocolates in 'surprise' wins over more fancied opponents.
* Op's have struggled late in games recently, not great just before finals.
* NB's miss a golden opportunity to 'shut the gate' and play finals - still in it though.
* The Jocs 'almost' full strength at the right time of the year and getting back to some early season form in time for finals
* Hoe's got a few more back this week and played some much better footy than they had in recent weeks.
* South put up a strong show, but fall just short in a belta against the Unicorns.

Looking forward to a cracker at Hoe park this weekend in a top of the table clash. The last game blew out only after the Joc's had three bad injuries before half time. We expect alot stronger team and test this time around in what should be a ripping game as we welcome them to the Boulevard.

Chump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back