Analysis Review v Port Adelaide, Round 18 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure lots of you would know more about Geary than Richo... there's a reason he captained us on the weekend. He's a leader, a defensive beast, and also VERY well respected by all the boys at the club. Leadership seems to be underrated on here..
I don't think anyone has or will question his leadership, defensive game or how respected he is around the club. As we all know he is great with those things.

But the reality is his kicking/disposal is s**t and seriously hurts us sometimes. It cost us at least 4 goals on the weekend

I don't hate Gears, his disposal is just extremely frustrating and it costs us more than he hits targets...

Easy to be negative about Sunday but really we were in the game until half time, better conversion in second quarter would have helped. Kids get a bit down when the scoreboard shows no reward for effort.

Better sides than ours have had a new one torn for them at Adelaide Oval. Need to remember that Port are a good side who were freely tipped to be top 4 pre season. My thought is they will play with more freedom now they have no weight of expectation on them. Also, need to remember that Westhoff kicked 2 that were pure luck and Schulz got 2 which were great kicks but showed the benefit of local knowledge. Plus we never found a match for Boak who killed us all day. Port have a lot of mercurial players who need very few touches to make a mess of the opposition. Another thing that didn't help is that we were being thrashed in ruck in the first half which gave Boak and Gray an armchair ride.

I know that effort dropped off after half time but it must be hard to go on when you are chasing tail constantly and the opposition seem to get every good bounce, every 50/50 umpire call and then convert. Must start to think it just isn't your day.

I know they are pros and the effort shouldn't drop but human nature would indicate otherwise.

one of the differences i thought existed between the two sides was that port seemed to take a lot of marks . pressuring the ball carrier won't turn it over if they take the mark
Same thing that the Hawks do. Can't pressure someone who's going back to kick over a man on the mark.

Port move the ball with the best of them when they're up and going, we can't keep up with that yet.

Does St Kilda ever play well without Riewoldt?
Does Melbourne ever play well without...

... oh, wait...

... I just remembered, you don't have any players that are as good as Nick Riewoldt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back