Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Those training tops are yuck.
And the test top should always have yellow for the piping etc.
I think Asics have stunk it all up this season. Never thought I'd say this, but if Asics don't pick up their game next season, we should definitely part ways.
The last training tops I remember liking were the mid-2000s FILA ones - and those spider-man sleeves on the ODI kit :)
The green piping makes me think of the Proteas but I really don't mind if it's green or gold, either way it's hardly a major issue.

The green piping makes me think of the Proteas but I really don't mind if it's green or gold, either way it's hardly a major issue.
Steve%2BWaugh%2BCap.jpg

How come our cricket whites are off -white or creamy white? Have been since I can remember. I like normal white myself. Has anyone got any info on this? Am I seeing things

How come our cricket whites are off -white or creamy white? Have been since I can remember. I like normal white myself. Has anyone got any info on this? Am I seeing things
It's because when you're having a sip after 90 overs and accidentally spill a vic bit on your kit, it doesn't show up the next day

unnamed (2).jpg i used to love this. Might have been 99? Was shattered when it was changed. Looking back on it, it wasn't that great but it was a simpler time. Rest easy ACB

Not anymore, just a little on the shoulders.

SA.jpg
It's still green trim, which I associate with RSA given they've used it for quite some time. Australia got on the coloured piping/trim bandwagon pretty late.

PS that T20 kit is shocking but good at the same time!

I dislike the inconsistency in the "branding" Australia use.
At home the men have a Test, ODI and T20I kit; the women have a Test and an ODI/T20I-hybrid kit.
Away they men have a Test and an ODI/T20I-hybrid kit; the women the same.

Why they don't use the T20I kit away except at the World T20, and why the women don't use the T20I kit at all, I really don't get.

It's all to do with sponsorship. Australia's black 'rockstar' T20 kit is primarily the KFC kit, KFC only sponsor home T20's and in big tournaments like the world cup so they get some exposure. VB (now Qantas) sponsor all away games therefore they get their own 'away' yellow kit. Because the aussies have 3 different sponsors for the home season then there will be 3 kits for the 3 formats. I don't think CA would give a flying * about what the kits look like, just as long as they satisfy their sponsors and rake in the $$$

It's sad but cricket kits are way too influenced by sponsors and the way they are displayed on kits. Just look at the aussies home kit when it changed to all dark green just to satisfy commonwealth bank. Also New zealand's black and blue kit (albeit nice looking' is pretty much a walking billboard for ANZ and Ford.

It's sad but cricket kits are way too influenced by sponsors and the way they are displayed on kits. Just look at the aussies home kit when it changed to all dark green just to satisfy commonwealth bank. Also New zealand's black and blue kit (albeit nice looking' is pretty much a walking billboard for ANZ and Ford.
Looks like South Africa's T20 kit that Faf is wearing above is inspired by New Balance's logo too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if it was like this for everyone, but watching last night's ODI on TV, Australia's kits appeared to show up as canary yellow, somewhat fluorescent. Shocking colour-scheme.

FYI the best colour scheme Australia had in ODIs in my opinion was during the 2007 World Cup.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/265024-3x2-940x627.jpg

I
While we are discussing the new Australian range, here are some better images of the three new shirts (notice the test strip has green piping not blue as we thought from the other images);

305336_1.jpg

305347_1.jpg

305363_1.jpg
I think besides the test shirt they are yuck. The ODI shirt is too modern same with the T20

I'm not sure how the ODI shirt is too modern when it's just plain yellow with green side panel-ish things.

I have to agree, the new ODI design is simple and one of the better looking designs the team has worn in recent years (especially with the far more subtle and better placed southern cross, instead of the large awkwardly placed ones on the front).

It's definitely one that needs to be seen in action before we can give proper judgement.
When's the first ODI that it'll be worn in?
Maybe the new team in the ODD comp will wear them too.

The test shirt also needs to be seen in action, is there still going to be the coloured section on the buttons? That's a pretty cool thing for all the teams to have, each having their own colour.

When's the first ODI that it'll be worn in?

The test shirt also needs to be seen in action, is there still going to be the coloured section on the buttons? That's a pretty cool thing for all the teams to have, each having their own colour.

1st ODI it would be worn in would be the 12th of January against India, after the last ODI in England, that is the next ODI we have as the following 3 series are tests only (in Bangladesh {2 tests}, then home to NZ {3 tests} and the West Indies {3 tests}). The T20 will be worn for the first time on the 26th of January again against India.

Doubt it, they will not wear the national kit.

We should see the new test kit against New Zealand in November, but it doesn't look as though it has the coloured button section, though that photo really doesn't show enough to tell.

I don't know if it was like this for everyone, but watching last night's ODI on TV, Australia's kits appeared to show up as canary yellow, somewhat fluorescent. Shocking colour-scheme.
Quite possibly it's the lights. English cricket grounds have duller lights than Australian ones in general, the towers are lower but there are more of them. A lot are temporary (kinda big versions of what you see on roadworks being done at night).

It's definitely one that needs to be seen in action before we can give proper judgement.
The new team in the ODD comp will wear something green and gold. Previous years I'd say it'd be a similar design like Australia A's is similar to Australia's but given there's generally an apparel supplier for the state teams (SS and ODD) I guess it'll be the same template as those ones). I think the last time the states had the same supplier as the national teams was Adidas(??)

Yes, you're quite right hitthepost, the English lights would have definitely been a factor.

T20 has had a happy knack of churning out some shocking kits over the years...

Chennai-Superstars.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back