Recommitted Steven Motlop [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

given that it is now agreed that the cats era is over, why would Motlop re-sign, and why would Danger agree to go to Geelong?

Where once in my post did I say PD was going to Geelong?

Go Catters

given that it is now agreed that the cats era is over, why would Motlop re-sign, and why would Danger agree to go to Geelong?

Why did Beams go to Brisbane? Why did Vince and Tyson go to Melbourne? Why did Judd go to Carlton? Why did Ablett go to Gold Coast? Not hard to dig up plenty examples of players going to clubs other than those in the top 4.

One massive thing Marty has missed.

PD right now wants to do the right thing by the AFC and see them covered. He is playing hard, looking after the new kids, going to the SANFL games and basically giving 100% to his footy club. It is a very admirable and respectable - even classy thing he is doing. Shows total character.

However, once he says adios to the Crows, all that character, class, loyalty and respect is directed at his club - not where he used to reside.

He could give a fat rats clakka about what happens after he is gone.

Why do you think he is giving 110% to them now. So he can, post fact, turn around and say " look at the body of work I left at the AFC. I was 110% involved, invested and focused on doing my best of the AFC. And he has, is and will do till the end of his time there should out come to that.

But when he's out. That's it. Porky Pig time. All that focus will go to his new destination. And that sure as hell does not mean taking care of the AFC on his way out the door. Will he screw them - clearly not - but he aint gonna sink the new place he's going to either.

GO Catters

Facts are if you want Danger you are going to need to trade for him, you also want Henderson. You have one first round pick, do the maths. Im sure you would want to keep Motlop but he seems to want to be paid good coin, another thing the cats arent keen about. PD seems to want a modest salary against what he is really worth. That modest salary is great for the cats but opens the door for Adelaide to match. Motlop wanting what he wants becomes a tradeable asset with the prospect of Henderson and PD being available.

Again Motlop hasnt signed yet and there are 4 days left of your season, Posters were saying he always signs in August I just stated its now september, you cant see everyone is playing their cards close to their chest waiting on certain players to let their intentions shown. Dangers probably the biggest disruption to the pack as that one will determine how the cards fall.

Why did Beams go to Brisbane? Why did Vince and Tyson go to Melbourne? Why did Judd go to Carlton? Why did Ablett go to Gold Coast? Not hard to dig up plenty examples of players going to clubs other than those in the top 4.

If you believe what they said

Beams Family reasons
Judd wanted out of a bad culture, mayber $ or to Vico wasnt really clarified
Vince Adelaide wanted him out
Ablett $$$$$$$$$$$$

Number of reasons, would say Motlop is in the $$$$$$ category

Danger for Family

Facts are if you want Danger you are going to need to trade for him, you also want Henderson. You have one first round pick, do the maths. Im sure you would want to keep Motlop but he seems to want to be paid good coin, another thing the cats arent keen about. PD seems to want a modest salary against what he is really worth. That modest salary is great for the cats but opens the door for Adelaide to match. Motlop wanting what he wants becomes a tradeable asset with the prospect of Henderson and PD being available.

Again Motlop hasnt signed yet and there are 4 days left of your season, Posters were saying he always signs in August I just stated its now september, you cant see everyone is playing their cards close to their chest waiting on certain players to let their intentions shown. Dangers probably the biggest disruption to the pack as that one will determine how the cards fall.
The bold text should read "My assumption is that" not "Facts are". It's not fact, its assumption even if it is well reasoned.

There is no doubt Motlop will be used to get dangerfield either using the pick you obtain for him or motlop himself to adelaide. You just hate to hear the fact you will need to trade two picks for PD but you will just have to face reality if that's possible
Once again "no doubt" should be replaced "reason to believe that"

The bold text should read "My assumption is that" not "Facts are". It's not fact, its assumption even if it is well reasoned.

True, I suppose facts are if we match an offer and you want PD you will need to trade unless you would like 5 clubs able to get him before you. But who wouldnt be confident after Scott says you arent paying overs and Ricciuto says any reasonable offer will be matched?

True, I suppose facts are if we match an offer and you want PD you will need to trade unless you would like 5 clubs able to get him before you. But who wouldnt be confident after Scott says you arent paying overs and Ricciuto says any reasonable offer will be matched?
Not arguing with the with your logic, just your assumption of what facts are. I think its far more complex than that but I don't intend to get into an argument with you over it.

Not arguing with the with your logic, just your assumption of what facts are. I think its far more complex than that but I don't intend to get into an argument with you over it.

Not arguing but the logic of why a trade will occur is better than the notion from Cats supporters logic of (IT WONT HAPPEN) Lol

Not arguing but the logic of why a trade will occur is better than the notion from Cats supporters logic of (IT WONT HAPPEN) Lol
I think both have logic as its a complex landscape but I suppose none of us will know the truth until everything actually happens.

I thought we spoke about you repeating yourself Marty also.
This thread is about MOTLOP!
Not Dangerfield so go to that thread and preach some more boring story's about your mate roo

I think both have logic as its a complex landscape but I suppose none of us will know the truth until everything actually happens.

No but when you discuss speculative things on a board you want some sort of reasonable logic as to why you are sprouting off about why it will happen. I like to listen to delegates from the clubs invloved for their thoughts rather than jounalists that read BF, or say someone like Walls or Dermie who preditct 50 things and two are right. Although when quoting what Scott and Ricciuto say, BF posters are happy to tell me how they are scum of the earth and are pathalogical liers. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we spoke about you repeating yourself Marty also.
This thread is about MOTLOP!
Not Dangerfield so go to that thread and preach some more boring story's about your mate roo

Motlop is heavily invloved with PD Geelong will need his currency to get PD accross you dont have enough to trade to warrant PD. So he is directly related to PD also his salary cap may affect you bdiing for PD.

This is a speculative thread and Motlop is leaving so you can get PD!

No but when you discuss speculative things on a board you want some sort of reasonable logic as to why you are sprouting off about why it will happen. I like to listen to delegates from the clubs invloved for their thoughts rather than jounalists that read BF, or say someone like Walls or Dermie who preditct 50 things and two are right. Although when quoting what Scott and Ricciuto say, BF posters are happy to tell me how they are scum of the earth and are pathalogical liers. Lol
The problem is Marty that you consider anyone who has a differing view to you as being illogical even if they have logic. I think there is logic on both sides of the argument - where it falls I don't know. Its kind of pointless to keep arguing and treating things that you "speculate" as "facts".

Feel free to answer the question I posed rather than ignore it to continue your circular discussion... I'm merely trying to make you see things a little clearer.

money, money, money, money, cant stand my coach, money.

I thought the cats refused to pay outside their model so it will never be about money.

That leaves the coach I guess

Not facts Marty for the 1000th time. Not facts at all. You have the OPINION that we'll have to trade and we may, but it's perfectly feasible that we won't have to as well.

Not facts Marty for the 1000th time. Not facts at all. You have the OPINION that we'll have to trade and we may, but it's perfectly feasible that we won't have to as well.

But some poster called Malehpi says it wont happen because, not because of not logic, why are you saying it may happen I thought the conclusion on the Cats board was it wont happen because it just wont. You better pull your head in saying it might happen or you will be disowned by your own Lol

But some poster called Malehpi says it wont happen because, not because of not logic, why are you saying it may happen I thought the conclusion on the Cats board was it wont happen because it just wont. You better pull your head in saying it might happen or you will be disowned by your own Lol
He does has logic in why Adelaide won't match. Its just not the same logic as yours. Logical assumptions can be made both ways. However, logic does not mean that it is fact. Some teams may also take the risky path which you seem to discount.

Its all up in the year and I don't discount anyone taking the "illogical" or "risky" path.

He does has logic in why Adelaide won't match. Its just not the same logic as yours. Logical assumptions can be made both ways. However, logic does not mean that it is fact. Some teams may also take the risky path which you seem to discount.

Its all up in the year and I don't discount anyone taking the "illogical" or "risky" path.

I just use Scott saying we wont be paying big $$$$ and Ricciuto saying we will match any reasonable offer. How simple can that be from a Board member of the Adelaide Crows, and Coach of Geelong. You dont have to read into any angles its black and white.

I just use Scott saying we wont be paying big $$$$ and Ricciuto saying we will match any reasonable offer. How simple can that be from a Board member of the Adelaide Crows, and Coach of Geelong. You dont have to read into any angles its black and white.
1. Every club is going to say they won't over pay. It's good PR. Adelaide overpaid Betts but it worked out well in the end but they don't sit there and say oh we overpaid him to get him at the club. The assumption that clubs are going to tell the truth is wrong.

2. Every club is going to say any reasonable offer will be matched. It's good PR. The definition of reasonable can vary so much. For example, Hawthorn could afford to pay Buddy but they decided it was not reasonable to do so. The assumption that are clubs are going to tell the truth is wrong.

You make assumptions that people tell the truth. The reality is that it is very different in private in most cases. There are so many possibilities of things that could happen. It's all smoke and mirrors.

1. Every club is going to say they won't over pay. It's good PR. Adelaide overpaid Betts but it worked out well in the end but they don't sit there and say oh we overpaid him to get him at the club. The assumption that clubs are going to tell the truth is wrong.

2. Every club is going to say any reasonable offer will be matched. It's good PR. The definition of reasonable can vary so much. For example, Hawthorn could afford to pay Buddy but they decided it was not reasonable to do so. The assumption that are clubs are going to tell the truth is wrong.

You make assumptions that people tell the truth. The reality is that it is very different in private in most cases. There are so many possibilities of things that could happen. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Bloody Scott the lying Scumbug and Ricciuto is the same why do our clubs emply such dishonest people? Lol

Or perhaps we shoudl listen to Jay Clarke Hahhahahahahaha

Motlop is heavily invloved with PD Geelong will need his currency to get PD accross you dont have enough to trade to warrant PD. So he is directly related to PD also his salary cap may affect you bdiing for PD.

This is a speculative thread and Motlop is leaving so you can get PD!

Do you know that for a fact? No you don't, stop clutching at straws mate your embarrassing yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back