Dempsey's sling tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course they are.

Out of form player on the fringes of his career. They will set an example here with Dempsey.

My tin foil hat also makes me wonder if his ethnicity has anything to do with this.
I think anyone would be stupid to bring that up in this thread

FWIW, I feel for him given the position in his career, not the way you want to leave the game if that's what it ends up being
But if him getting 5-6 weeks means someone in the future doesn't end up with their neck broken then at least he's done some good

seems as though the social media attack might get him off. Hodge and Mitchell the ******* sniping campaigner piece of shits better ******* not be campaigners again

Appropriate IMO, don't want to set a precedent where someone might vilify a player to get a suspension reduced either
Jeff Gleeson has suggested the Tribunal should not let racial vilification by social media impact the penalty it hands down becuase it "empowers racist cowards and gives them a relevance they otherwise wouldn't have".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appropriate IMO, don't want to set a precedent where someone might vilify a player to get a suspension reduced either

Ron was spot on they were trying to use the racism issue to try to get him off, they are two seperate issues,he wasn't vilified prior to the act so it should have no bearing on the mrp.

He can take that issue up on a different stage

I'd be surprised if he didn't cop tweets similar to Dempsey's. Useless.

Meanwhile Ron has been pilloried for his opinion but his suspicions re the publicity surrounding the social media thing have proven well founded.

If Ron continues to refer to himself in the third person, then long may the pillorying continue.

Ron was spot on they were trying to use the racism issue to try to get him off, they are two seperate issues,he wasn't vilified prior to the act so it should have no bearing on the mrp.

He can take that issue up on a different stage
With respect to Ron, I think the counsel was just as stupid to bring that up as he was to post that in here :p

I agree doc but this competition is becoming one rule for some another rule for others based on skin colour, and that's not what Australia is about.

Mifsud should not have been allowed in there, the tackle had nothing to do with him, the racism issue needed another forum to be discussed in, Essendon brought the racism into the tribunal, I'm surprised they had a record of it tbh. Seems they have improved their record keeping
I disagree with your first part, agree with the second. Lets leave it at that please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back