2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it hard to care these days. But there would of been a time that I would of been pretty excited about The Libertines new album coming out next month. Haven't heard anything about it though.

I think I listened to that new FKA twigs EP five times in a row last night. I liked her album, but this blows it away.

i saw her live back in january, so i'd heard a few of the tracks from the new ep. the thing that struck me was how a solo artist with 2ep's (at that stage) and one lp was able to be so compelling for every second of an hour. water me - give up- figure 8 - papi pacify - two weeks kind of marked each section with big and easily recognisable tracks. i saw her at 170 russell in a relatively small venue with, mostly, indie bros, and then the end of her set at laneway where she closed with two weeks and gave the cutest 'this is the biggest crowd i've ever seen!' right before. i don't know how genuine she was being - but i felt it.

Last edited:
New Last Dinosaurs is really worth finding, a good foil to that first album. Seems like the kind of thing they could've put out 12 months after the first but at the same time, I see why it took a while. Can't wait to catch them later in the year, should be a good tee-up to Grand Final weekend.

Has anyone heard the new Miley? Such an incredible try hard and so entry level cr@@zy and feminist, but ya know, when she has a body that good and shows it off so often you can't begrudge her too much. But I'm actually not minding this album. Like the lyrics are really bad but there's some really nice instrumental moments in it, some sweet melodies, and a genuine romance to the whole thing. Her voice is something special too, love how she can get a few different ranges and styles and still sound like herself in all of them.

Honestly if Sky Ferreira was singing over the top of these sounds it'd be one of the best things of the year.

Has anyone heard the new Miley? Such an incredible try hard and so entry level cr@@zy and feminist, but ya know, when she has a body that good and shows it off so often you can't begrudge her too much. But I'm actually not minding this album. Like the lyrics are really bad but there's some really nice instrumental moments in it, some sweet melodies, and a genuine romance to the whole thing. Her voice is something special too, love how she can get a few different ranges and styles and still sound like herself in all of them.
Dafuq you talking about son?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miley Cyrus has a pretty nice body man. Not one for tats or anything at all, but come on!
177740579.jpg

Whatever floats your boat...

Haven't bothered listening to Foals yet.

Still looking forward to the Beirut album in about a week.

And Beach House.... I may have mentioned it in my old waldenpond account, I changed password and forget it....but there new album has really impressed me. From there debut in 2006 to Depression Cherry this year, I feel for a pop band keeping integrity they are doing it perfectly.

Haven't bothered listening to Foals yet.

Still looking forward to the Beirut album in about a week.

And Beach House.... I may have mentioned it in my old waldenpond account, I changed password and forget it....but there new album has really impressed me. From there debut in 2006 to Depression Cherry this year, I feel for a pop band keeping integrity they are doing it perfectly.

Ask admin to merge the two accounts? I miss the Waldenpond name

Anyone interested in the new Youth Lagoon album. Not really my thing but I didn't mind the first album.

Anyone interested in the new Youth Lagoon album. Not really my thing but I didn't mind the first album.

Bargin bin indie crap.

Really enjoying the new Jenny Hval album.

Use to have a huge crush on Angel Deradoorian when she was in Dirty Projectors. Never listened to her solo stuff though.

New Oneohtrix Point Never.

Use to have a huge crush on Angel Deradoorian when she was in Dirty Projectors. Never listened to her solo stuff though.
I've still got a weird crush on Amber Coffman. She has a face like she should be hiding out in Bratislava during the war or something.

I've still got a weird crush on Amber Coffman. She has a face like she should be hiding out in Bratislava during the war or something.

Something about Amber annoyed me. Haley Dekle was another one I had a crush on. I wish they had done another tour. The 2010 show at the Hifi was excellent. I know they came out for Sugar Mountain in 2013, but would've loved a show at Hammer Hall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back