D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal kicks the point after siren I believe from about 50 out. You guys chair him off the ground and then go on to smash Kew next week.
I wonder what the D9 is up to these days. What a trade that was. I went to the lions v pies GF that year. Go Mal!

Old Geelong left to rue wasted chances. Should have been further up and couldn't withstand the inevitable surge from the Monds.

Shame for the Pivotonians, as they were always for mine the equal of the grand finalists, but 3 into 2 never works.

See ya Bedford, and thanks for your entertaining contributions all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you want the covers on or off this week Bedford?

Our Development boys (sorry I know you don't like that comp :)) are still in the hunt for the flag after beating Casey this arvo, and we will be training there this week.

Just a hint - don't expect heaps of throw ins, it's one of the widest grounds I've ever seen.

Thanks Brian. OG should have been further in front at half time, but Ormond didn't finish on top for nothing.

Congrats to the Monders who took their chances much better than OG. Ormond's defence put just enough pressure on to cause some lost composure in front of goal, which was probably the difference. On the other side of the coin there were at least 3-4 gettable set shots (including one from 15m in the 3rd quarter that nearly went out on the full) that would be causing nightmares for the Oggers. Thats footy. #25 for Ormond was sensational in the second half (was also great in the 2nd Ormond v OG game at the Gunn) and will be a star. Good luck in C grade. Hopefully the Oggers can join them in 2017.

What does everyone attribute Kew's recent success to? Were once a perennial D3 team once upon a time, now gained promotion to C section & going for their 3 premiership in a row

wow, what happened
Long injury list including two new recruits that couldn't comeback in time for 2015 after suffering severe injuries during praccy matches. Lack of consistency in reserves squad; 68 players appeared in the 2s and e.g., Round 12 (just before the break) was 70% clubbies filling in.

Appearing in least one senior game:
* figure skewed slightly by two 300 gamers.

A more telling stat was 14 players appearing in at least 15 senior games for 2012, 12 in 2014 (finals appearance), and this year had just 7.

Instead of using SCIENCE!, Tim Michell's article from Round 9 may explain it in simpler terms: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...s-kew-and-ormond/story-fns1ii19-1227398101372

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back