GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

But this article claims we are chasing Leuenberger and Zac Smith, as well as having interest in Jeremy Howe
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News

But think I would rather go with Leon saying we are unlikely to chase experienced players

What? An article in the meeja speculating on what might happen at our club trade wise, might be wrong? NEVER!!!

I get bringing in one more senior ruck as Mummy probably only has 2 years and struggles to get through a season. Love the developing rucks we have but one senior ruck for depth makes sense.

I think one more experienced defender 195cms might be good too just because Davis is a disaster injury wise and always gets hurt.

Other then that I think we are sweet and concentrate on what we have.

I get bringing in one more senior ruck as Mummy probably only has 2 years and struggles to get through a season. Love the developing rucks we have but one senior ruck for depth makes sense.

I think one more experienced defender 195cms might be good too just because Davis is a disaster injury wise and always gets hurt.

Other then that I think we are sweet and concentrate on what we have.

If it wasn't for the injury history of Mumford and Davis it would be all about the draft, and even then I get the feeling that we are pretty content with development of our key defender stocks, so its just matter of how much faith we have in Mumford getting back and our developing rucks.

Don't forget Patton is also injury prone. The difference is we've been able to cover for him up forward when he was out, whereas we've struggled down back without Davis, and in the centre without Mumford. Sometimes I wonder if we should trade Patton while we can.

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Have been speaking to a mate who is close with a few of the boys, and he seems to think that Stewart and Hampton will most likely be Lions next year. I'd be loathe to lose Stewart, as I think he has talent, however we probably have things covered with Cameron/Patton/McCarthy. Not sure what we'd get in return...picks?
The club is keen to re-sign Wilson, and are confident it will get done.
Treloar will stay, you can take that to the bank. As good as done.

Have been speaking to a mate who is close with a few of the boys, and he seems to think that Stewart and Hampton will most likely be Lions next year. I'd be loathe to lose Stewart, as I think he has talent, however we probably have things covered with Cameron/Patton/McCarthy. Not sure what we'd get in return...picks?

Hope Stewart remains to become the other really tall key defender we need ....

I don't think it would be wise to do anything on Stewart until we are clear with Sunshine. Is Sunshine off 16 or 17??

Lions won't have any bargaining power unless they moved a Stef Martin who age wise would compliment our list.

Hope your mail re Treloar is right!!

I don't think it would be wise to do anything on Stewart until we are clear with Sunshine. Is Sunshine off 16 or 17??

Lions won't have any bargaining power unless they moved a Stef Martin who age wise would compliment our list.

Hope your mail re Treloar is right!!

Sunshine contracted to 2017 - signed an extension before he'd played a game (so much for being desperate to get back to Freo)

We apparently are also looking rather closely at Himmleberg - who is just Sunshine Mk2 - seriously, I reckon you could put McCarthy in Himmleberg's jumper and run him out in the NEAFL finals. They could be twins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to take you on as Treloar is gone!

Sunshine contracted to 2017 - signed an extension before he'd played a game (so much for being desperate to get back to Freo)

We apparently are also looking rather closely at Himmleberg - who is just Sunshine Mk2 - seriously, I reckon you could put McCarthy in Himmleberg's jumper and run him out in the NEAFL finals. They could be twins.
2 s**t moustaches in the same club?

Thinking Carlton finishing bottom was a bit of a blow for us. This will allow them to have a real crack at one of ours and possibly pinch them in the PSD. Having Brisbane last was a nice buffer.

I did a double take last home game when Sunshine was listed to play firsts but appeared to be running around in the NEAFL comp, from the boundary they are twins

Thinking Carlton finishing bottom was a bit of a blow for us. This will allow them to have a real crack at one of ours and possibly pinch them in the PSD. Having Brisbane last was a nice buffer.

The player has to be willing to do that though, and I doubt any of ours would want the club bent over

You're more likely to get someone who has been de-listed if we couldn't get a trade for them going in the PSD.

can't see any of our yet to be signed guys walking to Carlton.

I think what it does though is open it up as a negotiating point.

If Carlton wants say Tom Bugg (just as a hypothetical) who is off they can make him a nice offer and then offer us an inferior deal and have PSD as a backstop. A deal probably still gets done but it would reduce our strength.

Had Brisbane got pick 1 it is probably more even.

Most times deals are amicable but it does reduce our leverage given we mostly have Victorian kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back