Discussion Round 23, 2015 - Footy Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think so. One reason I've heard for it not being shifted was because lots of hotels don't get 505 or 506 and thus wouldn't get the footy. I don't know how hard it would be to make sure they did get it.

I also heard that it was so you could still use one press of the ch + or ch – button to flick between a game on 503 and a game on 504

486458226-hugh-jackman-tosses-the-coin-with-jack-gettyimages.jpg

Yeah. The guy in all white is wearing the same colour as the guy in light blue...:rolleyes:
Hugh Jackman clashing with Richmond. He should have thought about that.

Tripanel vs StK. Stripes. Should be interesting.
Mainly navy with a lot of gold and a bit of white
vs
Mainly white with some red and black.

Gonna be fine. It worked against Collingwood and that was the litmus test for any doubters.

Really like the light blue umpire uniforms. Way more pleasing than the ghastly green ones. I wish that the AFL follow the NRL and have different colour ump uniforms.
Just use the blue ones in all games and we'd have no problems unless Carlton bring back the baby-blue.

I've always thought umpires should have 5 colours; blue, green, red, yellow and white, and pick them based on the match up.
We tried that, for about 5 years (or more?) there was red yellow and green. Surely given we have a colour that works for every game now, we can just use that? Even better the blue coz it's not so obvious whilst still distinguishing them from the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better to have the umpires in a colour that no team uses than a colour that, across a few different shades, that 9/18 team use.
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Western Bulldogs all use blue in different forms.

I don't understand why they shouldn't stand out, they're the umpires, they should stand out.

Also, not jumper related but we discussed this in last weeks thread, the Fox Footy watermark has gotten waaaaay out of hand!

View attachment 169634
Originally: Screenshot_2015-08-15-15-46-42_1.jpg
Last Round: Screenshot_2015-08-29-14-16-59_1.jpg
(notice the 503/504 has gotten larger, added No Ad Breaks stupidly)
Added Extra, notice how the flags have evolved since the NAB challenge: Screenshot_2015-06-15-17-12-40_1.jpg

Better to have the umpires in a colour that no team uses than a colour that, across a few different shades, that 9/18 team use.
Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, West Coast and Western Bulldogs all use blue in different forms.

I don't understand why they shouldn't stand out, they're the umpires, they should stand out.
They shouldn't stand out like council workers on the verge, but they should certainly not look like any of the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back