Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

So progress update:

I've managed to knock 10 or so levels down with a few loads of TNT blowing up a large area beneath what I had dug out. I decided to direct my efforts towards building a mod spawner nearby in an effort to get TNT quicker. There's a mob spawner near a village a few hundred blocks behind Turbo but wasn't really getting much from it. I think I've made a mistake with the mob spawner in that I could have built it higher as the efficiency isn't all that greater and I can't be stuffed finding and lighting up caves below. Going to build a funnel system to store drops tonight so I can just sit on top and go AFK for a few days.

(I regret making the hole so large)

OBpjoWH.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chief any more thought of an update to a newer version?
Yes I was being chastised by my son for having such out of date servers.

I will get onto it when I can. You have to take your time and sneak up on these jobs or they will rear up and bite you.

So most of my time of recent has been spent on replicating the town of Sweet (from the Sweet FA sim league) at a location way up north along the Great Northern Ocean Railway ... around Redstone and Brick stations.

There's a bit of crossover of topic here, so here is the link to the forum where I am actually updating folks on the progress : https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/replicating-sweet-in-a-minecraft-world.1137934/

I'm not exploring far from the locale because I don't want to load any new chunks for the first time until the servers get updated.

Hate has been out there a couple of times looking around and wants to help develop one part of it.

One fun thing I did was a maze within a sewer system (don't ask, but the Alberton Swamprats demanded a sewer system). The maze is an exact replica of a maze I made 25 years ago in a game I wrote myself, that I had called Miner. With at least 0.0001% of the features and playability of Minecraft, it was indeed a dig-tunnels out of a ground made of blocks kindah thing. I joke sometimes that they lifted my idea. It felt fun to take the maze map and do it again in Minecraft, with the comparison between the games.

Question: Does anyone know a good video recording software for Minecraft? I used OBS for other things but it seems to refuse to pick up the Minecraft window.

So which server should I be wasting my time on then? The new one with all the new stuff or the old one with none of the new stuff but will one day have all the new stuff? Either way I'm leaving a fair bit of work behind :(
I don't think I'll be shutting either down. Just updating the version.

So progress update:

I've managed to knock 10 or so levels down with a few loads of TNT blowing up a large area beneath what I had dug out. I decided to direct my efforts towards building a mod spawner nearby in an effort to get TNT quicker. There's a mob spawner near a village a few hundred blocks behind Turbo but wasn't really getting much from it. I think I've made a mistake with the mob spawner in that I could have built it higher as the efficiency isn't all that greater and I can't be stuffed finding and lighting up caves below. Going to build a funnel system to store drops tonight so I can just sit on top and go AFK for a few days.

(I regret making the hole so large)

OBpjoWH.jpg
I must show you my mansion some time.

I hollowed out a large mountain and started building rooms off of a central cylinder.

Much TNT was used, all gained from the Egg Palace mob spawner.

I must show you my mansion some time.

I hollowed out a large mountain and started building rooms off of a central cylinder.

Much TNT was used, all gained from the Egg Palace mob spawner.
Oh, I've seen it. I was really impressed at how good and how time consuming it must have been, so it's partly why I decided to build one! :D

I only got back to work on my hole recently, the hole is flat and has a really nice tunnel connecting to my huge underground farm area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh nothing major. Followed a sign in the nether with your name on it that had unfinished rail then I thought surely it won't be too far down the road, walked a few hundred blocks and decided to turn back.

DrMike - I could be wrong, but did you have an iron farm somewhere? Or was that on the 1.8 server?

Oh nothing major. Followed a sign in the nether with your name on it that had unfinished rail then I thought surely it won't be too far down the road, walked a few hundred blocks and decided to turn back.

DrMike - I could be wrong, but did you have an iron farm somewhere? Or was that on the 1.8 server?
Oh yeh, been meaning to finish that. I think i'm lacking gold though. Shouldn't be far from the end of the rail though, just a bit up on the right, go down some stairs and there's the portal to my place.

Honestly can't remember lol
I know I had one on the 1.8 server

Actually I think I did but it's really far out

I have all my stuff on the new server so will only play that, put in too much time and effort to check out the old one (even with the latest updates).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back