Test Rugby Wallabies Rugby World Cup discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing defense.
All heart by the Aussies.

Why wasnt there a welsh yellow for the penalty in a try scoring position

He is Welsh that's why and Joubert is the Matt Stevic of rugby refs!

Joubert is the worst ref nothing should surprise
thanks. thought I was being biased because I don't know all the rules but it seemed the exact same s**t yet they got warnings and we got cards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't sleep so I got up and watched the match. Turned out to be a ripper.

That defending with 13 men will be something to remember.

Quit the ref bashing, Joubert was okay. Genia's tackle is an automatic yellow every time, and Douglas's was the 3rd penalty 5 metres out within 30 seconds. It was not the same as when we were attacking in the first half, there wasn't the same sustained build up of pressure because we kicked for goal.

But what a defensive performance! So much guts. Can't believe George North got held up in particular. I think he would have scored if he'd not cut in so early but it was still an amazing effort by McCalman. They played into our hands a bit trying to bash through us rather than find gaps. I think 9 times out of 10 we'd concede a try in that situation. It was epic though and our scrum was amazing when on our line with 7 men.

This sort of win will build so much belief. Big result as we have a much easier quarter final now. Scotland didn't deserve to beat Samoa (and it sucks because Japan would have had a chance to go through if Samoa had managed to win), and if we play remotely near our potential we will beat them.

If Folau isn't 100% fit next Saturday I'd rest him. He wasn't the same player last night, you can tell he's not confident on his ankle. If he plays next week without it being right it'll just keep exacerbating the injury. I'd play Beale and get Folau back to 100% for the semi final.

Lol at you thinking Joubert was okay...

Seriously he is a fruitcake who applies the rules when he sees fit. Yet when we get 3-4 penalties in a row, no card. Pull the other one. They are either both cards or not at all. Genia was the right call. Douglas was just a typical inconsistent Joubert call.

My one hope is that muppet doesn't ref our semi or final!

Agree on Folau especially with Beale in the squad

Please point out the point in the game when they conceded 3 or 4 penalties in a row within a minute 5 metres out from the line? It didn't happen. There are a lot worse refs than Joubert and he is widely acknowledged as one of the best in the game. Give me Joubert over any of the Irish or English refs any day.

Before the end of the first half they got a warning for a few infringements in the space of about 15 minutes (but most of them were like 20-35m out - we were never camped on their line for an extended period), but we kicked the goal and didn't get back there for a while. And then they had all the ball and territory for most of the 2nd half. Even after our 2nd yellow we gave away a couple more penalties on our line - some refs would have kept the yellows coming.

Plenty of chances to give a card in the first half, especially when their number 8 kicked the ball out of Genia's hand offside...and that was after conceding 2-3 penalties earlier.

Joubert is a shocker. At least the English refs apply the rules. They may be harsh but they apply the rules all the time. I hope the hack is nowhere near our games, he is horrendously inconsistent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back