news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well what fighters say and how fans react to what they say plays a big part in how much money fighters make. I would say I watch far more for the fights than anything else. That's why I really like Demetrious Johnson, because he's a great fighter and as a bonus he's really fun to watch. He makes way less than a person as talented as him should make because most fans don't care about him.

I love Thomas Almeida and haven't heard anything from him outside of a little bit of Portuguese that I can't understand. Albert Tumenov is awesome and I haven't listened to anything he's said. So, yeah I watch for the fights.

If you don't want to discuss the interview, that's fine. I don't know why you'd care about other people discussing it. You want the interview to be done and for it to exist in a vacuum?

Discuss away
Just saying I watch UFC for the fights
Who cares what words come out their mouth ? What guy carried the belt coz he appeased in interviews

I've been as harsh as anyone on Pendred's fights, but why talk s**t about him as he's retiring? Pendred accomplished as much as he could. He got to the UFC. Then went 4-2, with some questionable judging it must be said. He got the best out of himself because he's at an athletic disadvantage most times out there and he's not that skilled. He's big, tough and obviously works really hard.

And not liking the contract offered to him doesn't seem like anything that's unique to Pendred. Lately there's been a number of fighters retiring earlier than you would probably expect.

I won't believe this USADA deal is treating all fighters the same until a big name that's a draw fails a drug test. Then I'll believe everyone's getting equal treatment.

Athletic commissions conveniently don't get the results for out of competition drug tests back until after the fight takes place a lot of the time. It's interesting that it happens like that. Then they can make money by putting the event on and then take X amount of the fighters purse. Surely it's just a coincidence though. :rolleyes:

Will USADA/UFC also get results back after the fight takes place? I guess we'll find out when someone fails a drug test.

Also, if Cro Cop didn't fail a drug test, that means that still nobody has provided a dirty sample to USADA.

I won't believe this USADA deal is treating all fighters the same until a big name that's a draw fails a drug test. Then I'll believe everyone's getting equal treatment.
I know what you are saying but you will find that it is usually the lesser fighters that turn to PEDS in order to get hat push to make the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm seeing that the individual who changed his name to War Machine was in court. His lawyer tried to argue that you can't rape someone if they've done pr0n. Looks like he got a lawyer that matches up with him very well.

I've been following that, between Machine blowing the prosecutor kisses in court and laughing while Mack gives her testimony its all pretty sick.

I've read that.. what were he good fights to watch? going to watch it tonight but cbf sitting through the whole thing

I enjoyed watching Doo Ho Choi's performance, even though it was only 1m 33s, his striking was phenomenal.

The last 3 fights on the Prelims were great. I only tuned in half way through the women's fight and didn't get to see all the other ones before that.

I'm seeing that the individual who changed his name to War Machine was in court. His lawyer tried to argue that you can't rape someone if they've done pr0n. Looks like he got a lawyer that matches up with him very well.

Maybe a lawyer legally obligated to represent their client but came up with a defence so laughable he wouldn't have a chance getting off.

I've been following that, between Machine blowing the prosecutor kisses in court and laughing while Mack gives her testimony its all pretty sick.
Surely this guy has had a lobotomy at some stage during his life, he can't possibly be normal.

I listened to the Anik and Florian podcast, which I recommend as a good listen. This week they has Dos Anjos on and he said that he was 180 pounds when he was 16 and he walks around at 185 and cuts 30 pounds to 155. Damn that's a big weight cut. I've read that McGregor walks around at 172-175, which is another big weight cut to 145, no wonder he doesn't want to stay in that division.

With the banning of IV's it will be interesting to see how many of the big weight cutters have to move up. I'm sure I read something from dos Anjos about him potentially having to move up to welterweight in the near future and wouldn't be surprised if the lack of IV's is the issue.

It didn't appear to have an effect on Tibau in his last fight who is a massive lightweight, but his fight was pretty much over before he had a chance to raise a sweat.

Bisping vs Mousasi booked for UFC London. I was hoping that Whittaker would get the Bisping fight but now it looks like he will have to wait to see the results of the fights already booked at 185 now.
I was hoping Whittaker would get either of those fighters, guess not.

Of all those left without a fight in the MW I'd like to see Whittaker fight a high level wrestler like Derek Brunson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back