Food, Drink & Dining Out Favourite Beer II

Remove this Banner Ad

Depending on where you live (if it is St Kilda), I'd deliver them myself if you wanted a Saturday morning delivery/after work delivery (it's the cheapest option and I usually give away freebies if I deliver them myself). That's the big issue I'm trying to bypass as it kind of defeats the purpose of having beer delivered if you still have to go collect it. Otherwise it's usually TNT, Fastway or Hunters.

Yeah definitely going to do the subscription service, just trying to integrate it into the website.
Get your hands on a same day service.

May cost you a little more but guys like Fastway just throw the freight around and the DC where they sort it isn't known for handling fragile goods well.

It's a shame I don't live in Melbourne. I'd have done the deliveries for you in my van contra for beer.

I'm in the outer East, just placed an order. Might be a bit far out for you, so I've put a note with the order of the preferred company if that's alright with you.

Looking forward to it arriving.

No probs at all, thanks for the order! I shall make sure there is a little surprise inside for you.

Get your hands on a same day service.

May cost you a little more but guys like Fastway just throw the freight around and the DC where they sort it isn't known for handling fragile goods well.

It's a shame I don't live in Melbourne. I'd have done the deliveries for you in my van contra for beer.

Unfortunately a same day service isn't cost effective and also a little tricky. I work in the logistics area (in my main job) and it would add an extra $10+ per order and if the person wasn't home it creates even more problems (detention charges, re-delivery charges etc). I have a pretty good relationship with the courier companies we use and they look after us in regards to handling quite well. We also label the stock as if we were shipping a live animal.

Where do you live? Once we can get our subscription service up and running would be looking to ship bulk orders to one location and have someone deliver on weekend/after work. The currency of beer is my favourite payment method!

No probs at all, thanks for the order! I shall make sure there is a little surprise inside for you.

Unfortunately a same day service isn't cost effective and also a little tricky. I work in the logistics area (in my main job) and it would add an extra $10+ per order and if the person wasn't home it creates even more problems (detention charges, re-delivery charges etc). I have a pretty good relationship with the courier companies we use and they look after us in regards to handling quite well. We also label the stock as if we were shipping a live animal.

Where do you live? Once we can get our subscription service up and running would be looking to ship bulk orders to one location and have someone deliver on weekend/after work. The currency of beer is my favourite payment method!
I live in Sydney buddy.

And I'm an Account Manager for one of the same day ad-hoc courier companies you probably get calls from all the time!

Used to rep for CUB and Little Creatures too so I know my beer inside out. Gotta say I'm impressed with your work.

I shop at Barney's and Beer Cartel up here for my "craft" stuff, but get my Sierra Nevada fix from the local Dan's nowadays.

I live in Sydney buddy.

And I'm an Account Manager for one of the same day ad-hoc courier companies you probably get calls from all the time!

Used to rep for CUB and Little Creatures too so I know my beer inside out. Gotta say I'm impressed with your work.

I shop at Barney's and Beer Cartel up here for my "craft" stuff, but get my Sierra Nevada fix from the local Dan's nowadays.

Cool, have to hit you up for a good freight deal if we can crack into NSW. Have to say I have no idea how our current same day carrier can do pallets from one side of Melbourne to the other for under $30, would cost more in fuel!

Always see jobs advertised for a lot of craft beer rep jobs and wondered how difficult they'd be, did you like it?

Cool, have to hit you up for a good freight deal if we can crack into NSW. Have to say I have no idea how our current same day carrier can do pallets from one side of Melbourne to the other for under $30, would cost more in fuel!

Always see jobs advertised for a lot of craft beer rep jobs and wondered how difficult they'd be, did you like it?
I was doing the western suburbs of Sydney late 2000's and it was a real tough sell. Sydney as a whole has only really caught onto the craft beer movement in the last 2-3 years. Western Sydney is still a craft beer wasteland, 7-8 years ago it was even worse!

But the brand was phenomenal and the people were good.

All depends on the people I guess. I would've loved to have sold craft beer in Melbourne, you guys are streets ahead of the country in that field.

The $30 would be an all day pallet rate. They'd multi-load a truck with 6 pallets and move it from Dandy to Laverton (for example) and each pallet space is $30.

$180 for 3 hours work and then you'd get another load heading back...
Might seem cheap at face value but they're making money on it.

Arrived this evening, all intact - thanks Craigos.

Not really Stout weather today, but chucked one in the fridge for some short chilling. Bit too excited to wait until tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy them, the Kooinda Milk Porter should be on stand-by for a drop in the weather temps (bound to happen In Melb soon), cracking beer.

Have some pretty cool beers lined up for the coming months too. Also have some good ideas for rewarding those who have bought with us whilst we're just getting set up so yourself and Hard Ball Get should keep an eye out over the coming months. :thumbsu:

littleCreatures_paleAle_lrg.png

Had a few (too many) pints of this before the A League last night, been a while since I've had it but it's a great beer off tap. Unfortunately they've tarnished their brand of late with their most recent beers.

I was doing the western suburbs of Sydney late 2000's and it was a real tough sell. Sydney as a whole has only really caught onto the craft beer movement in the last 2-3 years. Western Sydney is still a craft beer wasteland, 7-8 years ago it was even worse!
There is some great stuff in western sydney now, e.g.

http://www.australianbrewery.com.au/ - Rouse Hill
http://macarthur.com.au/otis-bar-and-brewing-co - Campbelltown
https://www.facebook.com/stockadebrewco/ - Narellan

I'm not a local tho so I'm not sure which bottle shops sell the craft stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had some solid beers lately Peddlars Pale, Hopbomb IPA, Golden Ale by Two Birds, Love Tap double Lager, Nail Red Ale, Hop Hog from Feral Brewing Company, Cornet and Pacific Ale from Stone and Wood.

Some damn nice beers there sir

a8b5b4024a7bd24594817a6c5a88461b_320x320.jpg

A barrel-aged sour. Had it direct from the barrel (tasted it at different stages of life) and it was pretty awesome, had an amazing texture and smooth taste. One of the more interesting beers I've tasted that you could drink more than 1 or 2 of.

Not that much variety in the camp where I work and spend most time, so Steinlager [of the "pure" variety, that original is hard to find] is pretty much my choice, although I'm slowly moving towards that Cascade Stout. 5.8% too so it's fairly potent.

littleCreatures_paleAle_lrg.png

Had a few (too many) pints of this before the A League last night, been a while since I've had it but it's a great beer off tap. Unfortunately they've tarnished their brand of late with their most recent beers.
What's their new Summer Ale like? I think it's got Hog in the name? I also gave their Pilsener a go and although it's good, I'd just rather stick to a Stella for six or eight bucks less a six pack. Seems a bit pointless. I'm a massive Creatures fan though, parents live a walk away from the OG brewery so I was pretty pissed off to see them rebrand and concentrate so much on ******* Geelong.

Anyone opinions on Brooklyn Lager here?
Pretty expensive. I've struggled to see pints for less than $13/14 in Melbs. From memory, it's certainly a good beer but when there's so many decent, interesting options for $10/11/12, you're better off trying something else.

What's their new Summer Ale like? I think it's got Hog in the name? I also gave their Pilsener a go and although it's good, I'd just rather stick to a Stella for six or eight bucks less a six pack. Seems a bit pointless. I'm a massive Creatures fan though, parents live a walk away from the OG brewery so I was pretty pissed off to see them rebrand and concentrate so much on ******* Geelong.
Dog Days Summer Ale, was absolutely terrible. Would not recommend it to anyone. Probably the most disappointed I've been in a beer for a while. Creatures aren't setting records for having the most amazing beers in the world but in general all of their beers are good, decent craft beers. Tasted like they'd just halved the recipe for Bright Ale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back