Multiplat Just Cause 3

Remove this Banner Ad

It is hard to believe that we're still shipping games that don't even run at a steady 30FPS. Don't think anyone expected that to be an issue this gen (though most people didn't expect 30FPS locks to still be around too I guess)

I'm preloading now, hoping the PC version is fine as the game looks like a lot of stupid fun.

Mine was shipped out yesterday morning. Who else is actually getting this on release? :p

Wanted to pick it up today but the news about loading screens and memory leaks is making me wary. Note that the memory leak issue is said to be on Xbox but you never know, might pop up on PS4 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"It’s these kinds of moments that set Just Cause apart from most other open-world games. GTA V was fun, but I never brought down a helicopter by flinging an old woman into it. Far Cry 4 was awesome in letting me fly those weird little rickety helicopters, but Just Cause 3 lets me fly a plane, jump out of it, kill an enemy helicopter, then free fall 2Km before gliding into a graceful landing using the wingsuit/parachute combo."

so it's GTA but you can kill stuff better

Can report the PC version isn't flawless, performance not great maxed out, dips to 45 FPS for the big explosions. Expect Nvidia and AMD will release drivers soon. Haven't tried lowering settings too much.

"It’s these kinds of moments that set Just Cause apart from most other open-world games. GTA V was fun, but I never brought down a helicopter by flinging an old woman into it. Far Cry 4 was awesome in letting me fly those weird little rickety helicopters, but Just Cause 3 lets me fly a plane, jump out of it, kill an enemy helicopter, then free fall 2Km before gliding into a graceful landing using the wingsuit/parachute combo."

so it's GTA but you can kill stuff better

So GTA with lots of performance issues?

Think I'll wait for a few patches.

Really is a shame and hopefully it's fixed relatively quickly, Avalanche are kind of renowned for good optimization

I'd be playing the game just to * around in, if I recall the last one I didn't find very interesting as far as the story goes so basically ****ed around.

I have the ps4 version, probably won't play before the new year, with any luck some patches will be out by then.

Someone told me that they turned off SMAA T2X and it performed better.

It's not Arkham Knight levels of bad and I'm still enjoying it enough. Pretty sure I've only got it running FXAA regardless. Nvidia drivers are meant to be out soonish I believe so hopefully they'll fix some things up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back