Multiplat Persona 3 Reload

Remove this Banner Ad

Turns out I’ve missed a few social links which is annoying because I don’t think I wasted too many days.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Man, the end of this game is such a slog…

Enemies just become sponges with no weakness so battles drag on.

I think I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

About an hour or two in now, still have no idea what I'm doing but at least it's opened up. I guess just hang out with people, work, level gear up and run through Tartarus? Sounds like it's going to be pretty repetitive, is there more to it than that? (Without major spoilers)
Tartarus is repetitive as but it’s the unfolding and building of social links that keeps me going. That’s the most addictive part.

Also once you learn how to fuse personas it makes Tartarus a lot more fun.

Tartarus isn't as interesting as the dungeons of the later games. I try to hit the road block in a single session, or two at the most with some farming so I have more time to build social links.

It's a hard game to describe for new players. It's kind of like playing a high school anime.

Despite being a remake with some welcome additions from P5R I still think it feels a little dated in design. Lots of rumours about P4G getting a full remake too.

I'm really missing technicals from P5. They make those fights with enemies with no weaknesses just that little less annoying rather than crossing your fingers for a crit to go all in. Feels like a waste downing a whole group only for one stubborn enemy to stuff it up. I've noticed enemies with no weaknesses are really susceptible to mental afflictions but still not as good as a down. So far I think any physical attack on a distressed enemy is a guaranteed crit but I haven't worked out any other combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MC's SEES uniform looks a little SS-y. Probably could have designed that better.

So I don't watch anime but have been exposed to it through friends and playing lots of Japanese games, but I have noticed the Hugo Boss 1930s collection is an inspiration for lots of outfits. Usually the baddies though but not always.

Finished just about bang on 90 hours.

Got all trophies except for Maxing all Social Links. Have about 5 or 6 that I couldn't max, didn't realise you needed to carry respective personas to get full link points until way too late. It seems it doesn't give you much leeway to get all these in one playthrough, which is annoying. Missed on the Star one which meant I couldn't get Lucifer, but had a badass Satan and Loki at least. Will probably set the NG+ to easy and smash through as quickly as I can.

The repititive loop did get to me at one point and felt a little burnt out, but pushed through and the story opened up enough to get past that point.

Have timed it well with DD2 and Rise of the Ronin coming out tomorrow.

Also picked up Persona 5 Royal for under $50 so will play that at some point too.

Finished just about bang on 90 hours.

Got all trophies except for Maxing all Social Links. Have about 5 or 6 that I couldn't max, didn't realise you needed to carry respective personas to get full link points until way too late. It seems it doesn't give you much leeway to get all these in one playthrough, which is annoying. Missed on the Star one which meant I couldn't get Lucifer, but had a badass Satan and Loki at least. Will probably set the NG+ to easy and smash through as quickly as I can.

The repititive loop did get to me at one point and felt a little burnt out, but pushed through and the story opened up enough to get past that point.

Have timed it well with DD2 and Rise of the Ronin coming out tomorrow.

Also picked up Persona 5 Royal for under $50 so will play that at some point too.

It can be very hard to max all social links your first time or without a guide as some require pretty precise time management.

If you enjoyed it at all then I reckon you'll love P5R. It is easily the best mostly because Atlus kept learning and refining the games with each release. It is very much the same with the school setting, friends, links etc, but instead of Tartarus you have individual dungeons (called Palaces) that are unique to that moment of the story. There is something similar to Tartarus called Mementos but it's waaaayy less grindy and going there feels more organic.

Persona 4 Gold is really good too (setting and story wise my favourite) but at the moment that's just a remaster/port and apparently that's in the process of being remade to be like 3 and 5.

FFS, just spent 15 hours doing a speed playthrough focusing entirely on Social Links, looking at a guide for best answers and carrying respective Persona and I'm still not going to be able to get them all for that last trophy. I have 18 days left and still need about 24 interactions.

What a ******* stupid trophy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back