2016 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah saw that, probably a safer option, Billings is a breakout contender this year and is on my radar, but will monitor NAB.

Priced at 488k though which is hardly breaout price haha

Moar articles on Billings mooooarrrr

THE 1000 or so loyal Saints fans that made their way to Trevor Barker Oval in Sandringham on Friday evening will be buoyed by a number of players’ efforts, but none more so than Jack Billings.

The polished left footer shook off any lingering injury concerns to dominate St Kilda’s intra-club, frankly looking like a Rolls-Royce in a carpark full of Toyotas.

That may seem a little harsh on the 20-year-old’s teammates, some of whom are now younger than he is and also showed significant promise — without the Billings grace. In reality, the distinction is more a reflection of his mouth-watering talent than it is of his teammates lack there of.

Starting on the wing, Billings seemingly had his own football for the first of four terms — with a two-minute break halfway through each quarter effectively splitting the match into eight 10-minute periods.

He booted two goals and, not unlike Scott Pendlebury, appeared to be playing the game in slow motion regardless of the surrounding traffic.

Shin stress fractures cruelled the former No. 3 draft pick’s 2015 season and it was a visibly leaner Billings that took the field on Friday evening.

“I think it’s important for those young guys to spend some time up the field,” St Kilda assistant coach Rohan Welsh said of Billings and teammate Blake Acres.

“Jack spent some time on the wing, forward and through the midfield as well. They have done a fair bit of work over the pre-season so for him to go on the wing and in the midfield is good.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...e/news-story/6d21580b02e58d3b45d07fc6eb91580f

Supercoach only for Jakey imo

Same with Heeney. His Supercoach scores would have been through the roof in the swans intra club game. No smart person would pick him in RDT though.

From the Swans intra club game, the most relevant player was mills. He will take over the HBF spot vacated by Shaw. He is an amazing young talent. Will be interesting to see the scores he can get off the HBF.

Parker also played really well which surprised me with his injury concerns over the preseason.

Same with Heeney. His Supercoach scores would have been through the roof in the swans intra club game. No smart person would pick him in RDT though.

From the Swans intra club game, the most relevant player was mills. He will take over the HBF spot vacated by Shaw. He is an amazing young talent. Will be interesting to see the scores he can get off the HBF.

Parker also played really well which surprised me with his injury concerns over the preseason.
Yeah agreed with Heeney

He had some low possession, high scoreboard impact games at times last year which saw him only get 50-70s in DT, but get 80-90s in SC.

Moar articles on Billings mooooarrrr

THE 1000 or so loyal Saints fans that made their way to Trevor Barker Oval in Sandringham on Friday evening will be buoyed by a number of players’ efforts, but none more so than Jack Billings.

The polished left footer shook off any lingering injury concerns to dominate St Kilda’s intra-club, frankly looking like a Rolls-Royce in a carpark full of Toyotas.

That may seem a little harsh on the 20-year-old’s teammates, some of whom are now younger than he is and also showed significant promise — without the Billings grace. In reality, the distinction is more a reflection of his mouth-watering talent than it is of his teammates lack there of.

Starting on the wing, Billings seemingly had his own football for the first of four terms — with a two-minute break halfway through each quarter effectively splitting the match into eight 10-minute periods.

He booted two goals and, not unlike Scott Pendlebury, appeared to be playing the game in slow motion regardless of the surrounding traffic.

Shin stress fractures cruelled the former No. 3 draft pick’s 2015 season and it was a visibly leaner Billings that took the field on Friday evening.

“I think it’s important for those young guys to spend some time up the field,” St Kilda assistant coach Rohan Welsh said of Billings and teammate Blake Acres.

“Jack spent some time on the wing, forward and through the midfield as well. They have done a fair bit of work over the pre-season so for him to go on the wing and in the midfield is good.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...e/news-story/6d21580b02e58d3b45d07fc6eb91580f
Did Bruce right that article?

Mouthwatering

Delicious

After hearing Lyon's admission of not using Barlow to the best of his ability last year and stating that he will go back to that inside mid role this year, he has come back into my team. I am therefore going with Dusty, Barlow and Bud as my three premium forwards.
Running the same structure as Stew42.

Sauce?

Makes sense particularly if Fyfe is spending more time forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wells at his price in RDT is very tempting. Surely he plays enough games in a row for a price rise to offload before disaster strikes?

Silly not to have him IMO, priced around a rookie and has been smashing the pre-season so far (kicked 4 goals in half a game in the intra club match). If fully fit should average 80-85.

Lots of Forwards this year even without Swan and Gray imo

Montagna, Martin, Deledio, Dalhaus, Franklin, Barlow, Stevie J and Zorko are the premiums I will consider at this stage.

Then there are plenty of smokey options too. Robinson has been mentioned, Billings, Bennell, D Smith. I also wouldn't rule out another year from N Riewoldt and with no sub rule there are also some underpriced guys whos average counts a few sub games.

A tough position to choose premiums I reckon. I see a couple of obvious premium mids leaving less room for differences there.

Lots of Forwards this year even without Swan and Gray imo

Montagna, Martin, Deledio, Dalhaus, Franklin, Barlow, Stevie J and Zorko are the premiums I will consider at this stage.

Then there are plenty of smokey options too. Robinson has been mentioned, Billings, Bennell, D Smith. I also wouldn't rule out another year from N Riewoldt and with no sub rule there are also some underpriced guys whos average counts a few sub games.

A tough position to choose premiums I reckon. I see a couple of obvious premium mids leaving less room for differences there.

I'm really thinking about starting with nroo we have seen him 2 years ago start the year with a bang and his move to the wing could me more plus sixes !!

Silly not to have him IMO, priced around a rookie and has been smashing the pre-season so far (kicked 4 goals in half a game in the intra club match). If fully fit should average 80-85.

He is a perfect sub 200k player. Could end up being a keeper at f6/f7. At the price, pure gold.

Thoughts on Montagna in the fwd line? He's getting old, missed 5 games last year and there are quite a few other options. But he put up some great numbers last year and never dropped below 81.

Martin and Barlow are locks for me and I think I can only fit one more premo in up front.

See him more as an upgrade target, he is peak price at the moment and don't think he can keep it up or hold his value. A pass for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back