Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he was that good. Can't kick, can't win a hitout and is way too skinny. Grundy will make mincemeat out of him

Reckon Grundy could be dropped this week - Dead-set ordinary against WC - Collingwood could re-introduce Cloke and then ruck Cox.

Just looking up Richmond's drafting over the last few years.

Who the hell is Todd Elton?

The second coming of Gary Ablett and Leigh Matthews combined, if old time assessments of Dylan Grimes are anything to go by.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shots fired. :D

Not for the first time Eddie is yet to articulate anything cohesive because he's too busy taping episodes of who wants to win a colonoscopy or whatever it's called.

The issue isn't necessarily that the academies need to go (as Eddie's so eloquently been yelling until he turns that attractive shade of beetroot), the issue is more that GWS' academy in particular needs a pretty significant tweak, because the other 3 have got genuine rugby heartland to work with, while in all honesty it's being handed to GWS on a platter.

GC have a success story on their hands given Bowes will most likely go top 10, if not higher and I can only think of 2 others to come out of Cairns in as long as I can remember. Meanwhile at GWS, they're getting nothing out of Western Sydney (and I doubt it's because there aren't talented athletes around) and focussing all their attention on already footy mad border towns.

My favourite GWS academy story is this kid called Todd Marshall. Toured the UK with a NSW schools team playing cricket, then decided to play a bit of local footy in Deniliquin and got spotted by guys from the Murray Bushrangers last year (because the Murray catchment areas cross the border a little bit). Now this year he's played like 4 TAC games, looked really good and GWS still get him despite not putting any work into him.

If you go to their website and get their list of Academy players up he's not even on there ffs.

Last edited:

Young KPP. A lot of injuries, generally plays down back nowadays although started as a forward. Probably needs to be shifted back there, has been beaten by Gardiner (Frankston) and Cordy (Williamstown) in the 4 games so far in the VFL.

Not for the first time Eddie is yet to articulate anything cohesive because he's too busy taping episodes of who wants to win a colonoscopy or whatever it's called.

The issue isn't necessarily that the academies need to go (as Eddie's so eloquently been yelling until he turns that attractive shade of beetroot), the issue is more that GWS' academy in particular needs a pretty significant tweak, because the other 3 have got genuine rugby heartland to work with, while in all honesty it's being handed to GWS on a platter.

GC have a success story on their hands given Bowes will most likely go top 10, if not higher and I can only think of 2 others to come out of Cairns in as long as I can remember. Meanwhile at GWS, they're getting nothing out of Western Sydney (and I doubt it's because there aren't talented athletes around) and focussing all their attention on already footy mad border towns.

My favourite GWS academy story is this kid called Todd Marshall. Toured the UK with a NSW schools team playing cricket, then decided to play a bit of local footy in Deniliquin and got spotted by guys from the Murray Bushrangers last year (because the Murray catchment areas cross the border a little bit). Now this year he's played like 4 TAC games, looked really good and GWS still get him despite not putting any work into him.

If you go to their website and get their list of Academy players up he's not even on there ffs.

GWS lost access to Todd Marshall.

When a team fails to use the draft in consecutive years because they only draft Academy players then something is broken - It has little to do with areas covered by Academies.

Last edited:
Each club should have an academy - get zones and have to lock in a max of 40-50 kids by the age of 14. Could even make an argument that each subsequent age year the size reduces. Eg 100 12yos 60 13yos 40 14yos 30 15yos 20 16yos.

Leaving clubs with 20 kids to select from if they're good enough. And over the duration plenty of other kids also receive some development.

177476-dott_screenshot.png

• DB + RS 4 eva
  • Brisbane could win the football match against Port Adelaide
  • Dale Thomas is a good player
  • Gubby Allen returning to Collingwood is surprising
  • Daniher is a dubious prospect
  • Pavlich could retire and still have had a good career
  • Geelong have never been a lauded side since 2011
  • Players who don't get picked will sometimes want to play for other sides
  • Phil Davis is an important player
  • The Clarkson has made a critical error, and the time for our attack has come
  • Hogan can kick goals
  • Gee whiz aren't North Melbourne just a great club
  • Impey is a good player
  • Alex Rance could probably go toe-to-toe with someone who has recently suffered from cancer
  • Riewoldt is a good player, which means Rance can be too
  • Franklin will kick all the goals that existed ever against Essendon
  • McGovern needs big muscles and stuff
  • Stringer is a good player who needs to be dour for a bit and then not again for some reason

LOL

I'm an avid follower of sliding doors because I honestly think it could be the most terrible stuff I've ever read.

For interest - if you read back through some older ones, I'm seeing a pattern that in 2 weeks of each 3 purple will write something about "if Daniher kicks goals, then that will be good for his confidence unless he doesn't then it wont be"

The guy is a looney. Its unfair. I write crap on every board every day and nobody pays me for it.

LOL

I'm an avid follower of sliding doors because I honestly think it could be the most terrible stuff I've ever read.

For interest - if you read back through some older ones, I'm seeing a pattern that in 2 weeks of each 3 purple will write something about "if Daniher kicks goals, then that will be good for his confidence unless he doesn't then it wont be"

The guy is a looney. Its unfair. I write crap on every board every day and nobody pays me for it.
PG, I can safely say that you would put that little weasel to shame as a writer.

PG, I can safely say that you would put that little weasel to shame as a writer.
I would definitely write something like "if Daniher kicks goals on the weekend, then he would be kicking more than if he didn't kick them". And I would be super proud of it.

Even better, I would probably underline some puzzling words for emphasis and indicating a link (that if you click on leads to a completely different article about something else altogether, but happens to mention AFL) that doesn't really improve it but gives it an underlined bit and a link, so my final version would probably be something like this:

"if Daniher kicks goals on the weekend, then he would be doing more than if he didn't kick them"

I would probably link the "he would be" to something about Buddy or Gary Ablett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back