Preview Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm Sunday 28th April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not confident Lewis is coming back based on that injury report …
I was surprised when he was listed Test last week when I haven’t seen him done enough during trainings. I can be corrected by other training watchers, but I think Day, Chad and CJ(before that new injury) are more visible and have participated more.

So good to hear that Lance will be there this Sunday. For a guy that doesn’t like the limelight or attention ….. for him to turn up at the G for a send off to the Hawks faithful that he brought so much joy too is a beautiful thing. Would love to see Hodge/Rough/Lewis/Sizz/Clarko etc there as well to celebrate the great man. Will be there Buddy!

So good to hear that Lance will be there this Sunday. For a guy that doesn’t like the limelight or attention ….. for him to turn up at the G for a send off to the Hawks faithful that he brought so much joy too is a beautiful thing. Would love to see Hodge/Rough/Lewis/Sizz/Clarko etc there as well to celebrate the great man. Will be there Buddy!
Yep ‘Ken legend. 2007-13 were awesome because of him.

14 was good because of him too though …for different reasons

Tough week at the selection table.

Day of fit comes in, Huss probably the unlucky one to make way.
Lewis for Gunston if fit.

If Lewis isn't ready, then push Weddle forward and bring Phillips in to cover their tall forward line. Weddle's endurance and running power would be a great asset to have at CHF and he looked dangerous yesterday.

How tall exactly is their forward line?

I was surprised when he was listed Test last week when I haven’t seen him done enough during trainings. I can be corrected by other training watchers, but I think Day, Chad and CJ(before that new injury) are more visible and have participated more.

Our injury list claims are generally completely untrustworthy. Unless they are in the final presented to the AFL just before the game I assume they are still injured.

I'd like to see Sam switch Hardwick back into defence........in a swap with Weddle.

The kid could be a real handfull roaming the 50 meter arc.

Even the Lizard cannot match Weddle leading to the ball surely.

Weddle shows signs of natural forward 'talent' - may as well have a look at first team level.

Thoughts on that swap from the Big Footy gang?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this. I notice our players almost always try to get back off the mark so they're not required to stand. Will be interesting to see how it goes against them.
Yep.

Our oppo analyst has his work cut out this week.

Day comes in for Hustwaite needs a full game looking forward to seeing box hill with Ward hustwaite brown as starting midfield. And of course the return of my Achilles brother Chadwick!
Lewis won’t be risked. I’m ok with Mackenzie to sub he’s excellent for half a game right now until his fitness builds so that’s ideal. He still plays with the seniors and gets that experience.
Serong has to stay in for mine for us to have a chance we must defend as a unit well. Swans don’t do the obvious things well but are top of the league for getting forward and converting need to make that as difficult as possible then we stand a chance if we can turn it over and go.

Last edited:
If he makes it, going to be very marketable, would be huge for the family. Debut may be timed for this, clearly he’s a line ball prospect now.

Six months earlier….

View attachment 1969839
I’m sure I won’t be the only one pressing play trying to play the video

I also noticed during our game that umpires called play on much quicker...
This shits me so much. There is so much inconsistency with how long players are given. I reckon our players should count to 7 out loud in front of the ump when an oppo marks to keep them honest.

The other one is that often when the ball is held in under a player the ump blows his whistle for a ball up within half a second. And other times he puts the whistle away, waits and ends up calling a HTB. It’s nuts and creates huge advantages or disadvantages for sides at the contest.

I don’t think I can remember a period in the game like this where the umpire can make or break a club and or player in a game with a decision or non decision. And when it happens in a final or GF it will impact careers.

Day comes in for Hustwaite needs a full game looking forward to seeing box hill with Ward hustwaite brown as starting midfield. And of course the return of my Achilles brother Chadwick!
Lewis won’t be risked. I’m ok with Mackenzie to sub he’s excellent for half a game right now until his fitness builds so that’s ideal. He still plays with the seniors and gets that experience.
Serong has to stay in for mine for us to have a chance we must defend as a unit well. Swans don’t do the obvious things well but are top of the league for getting forward and converting need to make that as difficult as possible then we stand a chance if we can turn it over and go.
From all reports, Lewis is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back