Preview Round 7, 2024 : Hawks v Swans, 4pm Sunday 28th April, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Why?
No knock on Seamus, but the Swans forward line looks an issue.

Maclean, McDonald and Amartey are big boys. I liked that Sicily was more agressive in his positioning last week and was closer to the play. I think that's assisted with having Serong there as an option. Seamus's loss can be covered by moving Hardwick back. Also with Day potentially back, one of the mids can move back and cover.

keep the pressure up and we have a chance, if we start slacking we will get beat hard, we dont have the talent yet to play free wheeling footy, we have to get blue collar like the swans always are and work harder than them.

Day will help with the midfield contests, but its pulling our sleeves up which we have done 1 week for our only win.

As of right this second Heeney and Blakey are our two most damaging players. Not sure who Finn is more suited to though given I don't watch all of Hawthorn's games.
He’s done good tagging jobs on all types. Strong inside mids, speedy half backers, gut running wingers, etc.

When Sam Mitchell does decide to tag he seems to favour sending Finn to the one who has the most influence on allowing the opposition transitioning the ball forward.

This season outside of our game against North that ‘one’ has probably been our own team defense which is probably why he hasn’t been doing a lot of hard tagging roles.

I'm not wanting to drop Mass - I'll leave it to the selection committee to decide, but he was subbed out so maybe not in their plans for next week?

Perhaps Day could go to HBF. Ease him into it as the midfield may have finally clicked.

Amon on the wing.
Mass has been one of our best players this year. No chance he gets dropped IMO.

If he’s not named it will be soreness/management related I suspect.

For all curious re: Jiath injury. It’s such a minor quad injury which I had aswell, often is prominent when you have another injury and your quad over compensates. Burge stated only hurts when he kicks which was the same for me, it’s the tensing of the quad. You can do everything besides kick on that side and it’s good to just keep load on it and let it heal, he’ll be better off and ready to go in a couple weeks 2-3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As of right this second Heeney and Blakey are our two most damaging players. Not sure who Finn is more suited to though given I don't watch all of Hawthorn's games.
I'm wondering who in your defence goes to Finn. As for heeney & blakey, it's gonna be a good Day for us cause we're bringing Duke Nukem with a Worpedo and a whole lot of Nash Bash to this upset.

I really hope Sam finds a way to bring Ward back in as well. I am not sure how though.

I'm dropping Seamus before I'm dropping Serong
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

not confident Lewis is coming back based on that injury report …
At least there's a degree of honesty there, but it sounds as though they're preparing us for the inevitable. Just hope it's not something more sinister that he'll have to manage all season. We saw how that worked out in the first few rounds.

For all curious re: Jiath injury. It’s such a minor quad injury which I had aswell, often is prominent when you have another injury and your quad over compensates. Burge stated only hurts when he kicks which was the same for me, it’s the tensing of the quad. You can do everything besides kick on that side and it’s good to just keep load on it and let it heal, he’ll be better off and ready to go in a couple weeks 2-3.
Didn’t stop you king bombs in the 08 grand final

Will be interesting to see if the way we played and how we played was because we played North and not a strong team.

Hopefully we are as competitive this week and not just return to normal programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back