Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 6 - 10

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints game plan…….FMD

Flood back all your numbers, work to get the ball, hack kick it forward to nobody there.

Insipid.

Ross Lyon, get ****ed
bing crosby cheers GIF

Saints footy :sick:
Some of the high angle shots last night were horrific. I know every team floods back to an extent but last night there were stages where nearly every player was in a quarter of the ground.
Now those wiser than I will say he hasn’t got the cattle to implement a more expansive game plan at this point but I’m so glad Carlton didn’t get him as coach. Imagine trying to make your way in that team if you’re a Phillipou or an Owens.
McRae won a premiership with a team that most would say isn’t star studded - It had Frampton, Markov, WHE, Cox, Lipinski in it….
As much as I despise them, they play an unbelievable game style. You can’t but not admire it.
It’s depressing football to watch, kills the game as a spectacle.
I don’t care if it sounds entitled, I think they owe it to us as the mug punter, the ones that put our hard earned in, to ensure the game is played in a manner that highlights the spectacle that is our game.
Ross Lyon and his ilk - Looking at you Longmuir…..can GAGF.

Lyon interview, bloody hilarious
It was an interview in R.Lyon style, but one area worth positively noting is when asked about the free kick count, which read 25-10 in favour of Port Adelaide at full-time, Lyon said: “Was it? I don’t really buy into it. Whose way did it go? … Oh did it? Nah, that’s not what cost us the game." Lyon went on to say, “Umpires do a bloody hard job. If I’m sitting here talking about the rub of the green and umpires consistently, I’m in the wrong chair. I should be on that side.” And that was the end of it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was an interview in R.Lyon style, but one area worth positively noting is when asked about the free kick count, which read 25-10 in favour of Port Adelaide at full-time, Lyon said: “Was it? I don’t really buy into it. Whose way did it go? … Oh did it? Nah, that’s not what cost us the game." Lyon went on to say, “Umpires do a bloody hard job. If I’m sitting here talking about the rub of the green and umpires consistently, I’m in the wrong chair. I should be on that side.” And that was the end of it...

Ross answered that well

I was more intrigued by his usual rhetoric, when asked a question about a number of aspects

"What did you think?" When a reporter asked him a question

The arm Higgins was grabbing onto or the top arm which windmilled down to hit the ground simultaneously with his head and couldn't have softened the impact?
One arm was holding the ball. Simple solution. Player keys the ball go and users the arm to protect himself

One arm was holding the ball. Simple solution. Player keys the ball go and users the arm to protect himself
He did let the ball go while he was being forced into doing a cartwheel. Problem was his leading arm wasn't available like in a normal cartwheel so his head had to play that role as his trailing arm caught up.

The tackle left his trailing arm, the only one that could've potentially been used to brace him, the furthest thing from the ground until the moment his head hit, and it's not like he's Inspector Gadget.

North are in for a world of hurt this season

They may not win a game

They look worse than us in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back