Game Day RND 8 - 🏈 Carlton v Collingwood Game Day 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasia, if you’re not getting much of the ball, you must be applying manic pressure

A bit hard when he does all sorts of soft tissue injuries at a half decent intensity.

His output is down but he hasn't had a bad injury yet. I think there is something in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really true. We do work it from the back half fairly well, but like every team, if the opposition coverage is really good, you end up having to go long.

Plan A is to take a few short kicks to get to the wing and look to either the middle of the ground or hit someone about 70 m from goal. That's the main aim - have someone with clear posession to deliver to the advantage of our tall forwards around 30 m out. That way if they don't mark, we can lock it in.

Yes but does that work against the really good sides this year? I feel like the times we have beaten good sides this year, it's been more about getting on a role with the clearance - forward - goal - clearance - forward - goal cycle. Statistically I could be wrong on that, but I don't feel like we're a great side when that's not happening. Of course, any successful plan needs high pressure being applied, which is certainly not happening either.

A bit hard when he does all sorts of soft tissue injuries at a half decent intensity.

His output is down but he hasn't had a bad injury yet. I think there is something in that.
He might stay injury free but won’t have a spot on an AFL list if he plays too conservatively.

Cunners has been good - Fantasia yet to impact
I have seen him outmarked or outpositioned multiple times by his opposition player. He is constantly looking for the seagull possession instead of playing smart footy.

I want him to succeed and he has a habit of turning it on for a quarter so fingers 🤞, but I think he has been put back in the team too quickly and we are seeing that tonight with him struggling to have an impact.

He's had a stinkingly bad season so far

Disagree. He gets a heap of it in tough spots.

He's going at 52% tonight which is poor, but Cripps is 42%, TDK 41% and Durdin 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back