No Oppo Supporters The TAN 83 - arse

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive story.
Bigger than the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
Bec Judd appears in public with a slight dent on her nose.
Bec wore a natural make-up palette for the outing, with curled brunette locks.
Can you image the front page news when she finds her first grey hair or a wrinkle?:laughing:

Massive story.
Bigger than the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
Bec Judd appears in public with a slight dent on her nose.
Bec wore a natural make-up palette for the outing, with curled brunette locks.
imagine going to uni to get a degree in journalism and this is what you end up writing about for a career. makes me laugh

I loved the telstar ghias. Full electrics and luxury 10 years ahead of its time.
I did too, but by the time I got mine in 1998 unfortunately none of it worked so I had to guess what speed I was doing and only 2 windows went down. Front and back left which was a pretty annoying combination

did you drop a front wheel drive burnout
I did two pathetic ones (had to put the handbrake on and pull the choke out) and both times the transmission blew and cost me a lot of money. My mates all had heaps more powerful cars which could do burnouts and I was heaps sad that mine couldn’t. Did have my first root in it though so wasn’t all bad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fascinating and frightening read...

Everything is gamified. Anything can be scrollable. You can simulate any boat you row.

But what does this do to our brains? To our lives? To the future?

Here’s where the science gets really ugly. The more addicts rely on these stimuli, the less pleasure they receive. At a certain point, this cycle creates anhedonia—the complete absence of enjoyment in an experience supposedly pursued for pleasure.
That seems like a paradox.

How can pursuing pleasure lead to less pleasure? But that’s how our brains are wired (perhaps as a protective mechanism). At a certain point, addicts still pursue the stimulus, but more to avoid the pain of dopamine deprivation.

People addicted to painkillers have the same experience. Beyond a certain level, opioid dependence actually makes the pain worse.

What happens when this same experience is delivered to everybody, via their phones?

The results are devastating, as expert Dr. Len Lantz explains. Even people who thought they were immune to addictive behavior, get destroyed by the cycle:

There is a specific, abnormal brain activation pattern that is present in people who have anhedonia, which is a key feature of major depression, and absent in those who do not.

It is often the case that when patients come to me with major depression, they say, “I shouldn’t be depressed. I have a good life. If my friends or coworkers knew I was depressed, they wouldn’t understand or they would be mad at me. They think I have it made. So, why don’t I feel that way?”

We’re now seeing the first effects on a grand social scale of this deadening effect.

This kind of layout is apparently rapidly becoming standard on base range Chinese cars...Western carmakers (including the Japanese and Koreans) are decades behind and not even vaguely competitive on price or quality. Their products are now a source of enormous amusement for the Chinese public and the only way any get sold is to dump them on the Chinese market at a massive loss.

galaxy-e8-dash.webp

I was embarrassed. Here I was in China, trying to empathize with Western brands, thinking they were being pushed out of China due to politics and things that were no fault of their own.

In reality, it felt like it was the late 1980s again, when American manufacturers felt like they could sell whatever underdeveloped models its accounting department had cooked up to the public, and we’d just have to deal with it. Now that I’ve seen a glimpse of what’s going on in China, the Western manufacturers, particularly the American ones, don’t seem like they’re trying at all.

Can honestly not believe Apple has become so disconnected from its users and reality that they thought this ad (the concept itself even stolen from an old LG ad!) would go down well with the public... 🤣

Another couple of great reads...

And some not so great reads...

This could end up pretty huge...the State of Galilee...Israel breaking apart because it's too busy murdering Palestinian civilians to devote enough resources to protecting its own people:

Such good business if only those US 'defence' oligarchs can keep it rolling...

In FY2023 the total value of transferred defense articles and services and security cooperation activities conducted under the Foreign Military Sales system was $80.9 billion. This represents a 55.9% increase, up from $51.9 billion in FY2022. This is the highest annual total of sales and assistance provided to our allies and partners.

Hmmm, I wonder why these epic levels of fraud and total disregard for the health of Americans, while the Biden mafia clan laugh all the way to the bank, are not widespread public knowledge?

It's truly a mystery, like no other in history...

Responded with "compassion"...by giving her the contact details of the nearest completely full homeless shelter and never having any subsequent contact.

'God bless' their compassionate corporate hearts for not trying to charge her back-rent at $800 a week!

Responded with "compassion"...by giving her the contact details of the nearest completely full homeless shelter and never having any subsequent contact.

'God bless' their compassionate corporate hearts for not trying to charge her back-rent at $800 a week!
At least their compassionate corporate hearts overlooked the electricity/utility bill!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back