No Oppo Supporters The TAN 81 - ICE COLD VB & CRAFT BEER LOVERS WELCOME

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anybody in here is a spaceflight lover/nerd like myself, but I'll post about it anyway :)

I'm currently watching the SpaceX integrated flight-test (IFT) #2 which will/might launch at approx midnight AEDT. Excited is an understatement
:)

NSF stream (most space-nerdy):

Everyday Astronaut stream (more accessible, but still pretty space-nerdy):

SpaceX stream (starts at ~11:25 AEDT): SpaceX

Wot da focki?
Taylor Swift fan has a fatal heart attack at her concert in Rio, due to the heat.

I don't know if anybody in here is a spaceflight lover/nerd like myself, but I'll post about it anyway :)

I'm currently watching the SpaceX integrated flight-test (IFT) #2 which will/might launch at approx midnight AEDT. Excited is an understatement

Holy s**t that was awesome! congratulations SpaceX!

I thought it blew up.
Did lol at 'rapid unexpected disassembly'

Yeah, the expectations of the company were far exceeded, hence the congratulations. It wasn't perfect, by any means, but it was a test flight, and only the 2nd one ever for the largest and most powerful rocket ever built.

nerds GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booster blew up.
The ship kept going,did it blow up?
In the future ,get in our space ships and travel to Mars to pick up some clothes.
The Booster was destroyed as it was going to fly off course after separating from the Ship. No big deal there, it was a test of the systems of hot-staging and separation which possibly caused the Booster to be damaged etc in the process. Rapid iteration to ensure it doesn't get damaged next time :) (or potentially the time after that etc).

The Ship almost made it to it's desired orbital trajectory, but seemingly flew slightly off course at the last moment and was destroyed by the FTS (Flight Termination System) and rained down into the ocean safely. The Ship itself also exceeded a large amount of it's expectations to almost get to it's relevant trajectory. More learnings etc for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back