Marc Shmurf 3

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2006
In Carlton's Midfield
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory, Storm, Juve
Buckley has agreed to be the North Melbourne Coach from next year onwards. At the moment they are just finalising details, but all will be announced in the next week or so.

Personally in dont care if you dont believe me, and no im not going to reveal my source. I just can’t wait to read all the sad tomato sauce jokes, but this is what has happened and will be released shortly.

All the best to the North Melbourne Football Club and well done on this sensational appointment. They have been steadfast in that their 1st option was Bucks and they got him. I also respect Buckley for making this decision in going to a club that has traditionally been hard to market. He could have gone for the Richmond job, or waited for the Collingwood & Gold Coast job, and had it easier in a sense of not having to sell the club to its supporters/ corporate world as well as coach, but he has taken on the harder choice in options that were available and will do a great job I feel.

Well done to all parties involved. :thumbsu:

Perhaps the most emotional day in the history of the Collingwood football Club.

We have lost our greatest son. Perhaps for good.

Good luck Bucks. North will be my second team now. We, at Collingwood will always love you. Whatever happens.

I am crying now.

I guess fairy tales don’t always have a happy ending do they. Especially Collingwood fairy tales.

I can see Bucks like Sheeds, being a huge success as a coach and never ever coming back to the team he spilt blood for on the field.

Sad day for the Pies.:(

There's so many similarities with this and the Terry Wallace appointment. They chased the biggest name at all costs while ignoring other aspects and It's already been stated that North have kneeled to Buckley's $$$ demands and they will do whatever is necessary to get him. They also ignored all other applicants who are a lot better qualified than Buckley and put all their eggs into one basket. As soon as he is offered the Collingwood job in 2-3 years he will leave North which will put them in a bad position. I'm not for one minute saying Buckley will be as bad as Wallace but good on Richmond for sticking to their process and not making the same mistake twice. Good luck to North.

I am crying now.

I guess fairy tales don’t always have a happy ending do they. Especially Collingwood fairy tales.

I can see Bucks like Sheeds, being a huge success as a coach and never ever coming back to the team he spilt blood for on the field.

Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am crying now.

I'm sure he will be able to return to Collingwood for the 10 year premiership reunion functions and so forth.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back