Eddie Vedder dedicates 'Given to Fly' to Richo

Remove this Banner Ad

RichoRox12

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
Richo's jocks
AFL Club
Richmond
Tonight at Etihad Stadium Eddie Vedder has dedicated the Pearl Jam song 'Given to Fly' to Richo.

Apparently called him a Richmond legend and said he was handsome.

If that doesn't make Richo a fricken superstar I don't know what does!

Tonight at Etihad Stadium Eddie Vedder has dedicated the Pearl Jam song 'Given to Fly' to Richo.

Your kidding

i still LMAO when i remember The Cho walking out of Windsor house in 90`s after some medical procedure wearing an "At the Drive In" T-shirt ... respect :thumbsu:

Bumped into him a couple of times at the Big Day Out .... point is , knowing the Chos taste in music it would not surprise me that he has made some form or relationship with PJ .

I am still in mourning.
But that is quite cool.
Did anyone actually give a s**t that Matthew Lloyd retired?

Sorry who?

A stupid Essendon supporter friend of mine.. actually what am I saying, they're all stupid... tried to argue that Lloyd's retirement was bigger than Richo's. First I dry reached, then I told him to go shoot himself in the head.

And now Richo has retired he will hopefully take over all of the media jobs Lloyd was going to get - THANK YOU GOD for not boring us with Mr. Monotone I-take-10-mins-to-get-my-sentence-out man.

Your kidding

i still LMAO when i remember The Cho walking out of Windsor house in 90`s after some medical procedure wearing an "At the Drive In" T-shirt ... respect :thumbsu:

Bumped into him a couple of times at the Big Day Out .... point is , knowing the Chos taste in music it would not surprise me that he has made some form or relationship with PJ .

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Man I am SO in love!!

Not kidding at all - had text messages from two different people there.

It's such a MASSIVE honour, Pearl Jam are a huge international band and they dedicate a song to him. He'd be very chuffed.

... and ... i have just heard down the wire that Ediie pulled out an old Richmond jumper that the Cosmic Psychos gave him years ago ..

LMAO ... this is pricless stuff

I hope the marketing Dept. get a hold of this :p:thumbsu:

Sorry who?

A stupid Essendon supporter friend of mine.. actually what am I saying, they're all stupid... tried to argue that Lloyd's retirement was bigger than Richo's. First I dry reached, then I told him to go shoot himself in the head.

And now Richo has retired he will hopefully take over all of the media jobs Lloyd was going to get - THANK YOU GOD for not boring us with Mr. Monotone I-take-10-mins-to-get-my-sentence-out man.
Matthew 'who gives a s**t' Lloyd.
Your story about Eddie Vedder dedicating a track to Richo is actually very, very cool.
The King really is dead isn't he?
I just can't quite believe it.

Matthew 'who gives a s**t' Lloyd.
Your story about Eddie Vedder dedicating a track to Richo is actually very, very cool.
The King really is dead isn't he?
I just can't quite believe it.

Matthew Lloyd retires to scared to play another game fearing retribution for his dirty sniper tactics.

Richo retires quietly, without fuss. Still doesn't even understand the fuss about himself after all these years.'

Who's the champ now?

Truly was epic. Richo's got great taste and goes to a lot of gigs.

This was unbelievable. Eddie Vedder is singing Richo's praises.

Yeah i was there to here him pay tribute to the Richoman! That was the highlight of an awesome nearly 30 odd song concert!

yeah i was there also dedicated the song to MARK RICHARDSON! than came back out and said he never has embrassed himself infront of so many ppl and he was getting mark richards and matthew richardson mixed up (1 is a pro surfer)

That's awesome.So many musos barrack for Richmond.Hopefully the Pearl Jam diehards sign as new members to our club.Have to dig out all my old Pearl Jam cds now! No Code!!!. I was at the Corner the other night watching Obituary.Mosh pit went off!! I can still keep up with the younguns!! All music is good!!!! Next up a jazz club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

simply amazing, i lost my voice and was so happy richo came up!!

the richo chants were going off and what a band to bring him up!
i had shivers that whole song and im sure richo is proud..especially after eddie called him Mark Richardson haha

The great man himself was sitting with his missus a bay over from where i was...i think my sister was more interested watching him than the gig

Yup, was awesome...

I saw Richo and Browny as I was walking in. I just belted out the lyrics as Eddie sang. Quite an apt song really...

Lyrics talk about a guy who keeps getting knocked down, but keeps getting up, and when given wings is "given to fly"... loved it.

I've seen Richo at so many gigs... ran into him at the Big Day Out a couple of years ago... I had a prime spot for Silverchair and he stopped in front of me! Couldn't see a freaking thing! :) See pic below... I had to move... haha

Also bumped into him at Foo Fighters and The Killers gigs last year.

n1048243626_268598_8646.jpg

That's nothing...

Britney Spears last week in her concert, dedicated a song to Terry Wallace.
How ironic was it that a person pretending to sing, honored someone who pretended to coach!

:thumbsu:

LMFAO beautifull :thumbsu:

Didnt she dedicate "oops i did it again" to greg miller ?? the drafting master

I love pearl jam, that is awsome lolz!

I saw him at a Kings of Leon concert a couple of years ago. When they were opening for Pearl Jam

I've seen him at the Arctic Monkeys and also I think it was at the Black Keys

And to hear he once owned an "At the Drive In" T-Shirt back in the 90's just caps it all off.

Top music taste

Remove this Banner Ad

Back