The Last Dance or Any Given Sunday?

Remove this Banner Ad

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Watching the Blues tonight and seeing the updated ladder and just how immense this league currently is, i found myself wondering about what this season could have possibly been.

Dimma spoke of being seduced by the lure of "one more", a fairytale "Last Dance" ending to his career & our dynasty. That when he realised he was not coaching for that situation anymore, he basically had to move on as he "needed a break", or more aptly - didn't have the appropriate level of investment in our amended projected outcomes. He has moved on pretty quickly from that, already thirsty for a new challenge. Not that coaching Richmond beyond the dynasty wasn't going to be a huge, new challenge in itself - the next few years will be incredibly challenging for us, no doubt.

As this season continues to roll on though, its become pretty clear to me that this is one of the all time great seasons in regards to competition. I really can't recall there being this many good, competitive teams all stepping up as the battle rolls on. Normally you see the weak start to wilt and be exposed, but as the season goes on, more teams just stand up.

This season still has all the pieces to be our fairytale ending to the dynasty. Just making the 8 in a year like this would be an incredible result, especially with so many losses early, so many games lost to suspension, no Lynch nor Tarrant for the entire year basically, an aging list having to learn to trust a younger brigade. It's why i love sport so much - it is always being driven by the journey & will of the players, coaches. As the year rolls on i do look at our year and think "sure Dimma, a fairytale ending like "The Last Dance" is probably not going to happen, but the scene is pretty set to have ourselves a tasty "Any given Sunday" ending. It was not about winning one more, it was about fighting it out & never giving in.Not all great moments need to end in flags - if this team can outlast the others to sneak a spot in the 8, to me that is an ending worth staying for. To me, a very beautiful ending awaits this team if they can rise and get through this. The dynasty started with Brett Deledio, a beloved player even still - basically quitting on the club as he felt like the fairytale ending his career deserved could not be met at Richmond. It would complete the circle pretty nicely to me if Trent, Jack & the boys can do to Dimma what they did to Brett. It's not to be done in any point of anger or hate - but done because its what we do.

Never turn your back on a tiger, Tiger

Rioli becoming a gun half back is all I need to be happy

you sad bastard

Can you call a HB that has never earned an All Australian spot a "Gun" though? Its the easiest position to play on the field after-all.

I mean, even Leon Davis made an All Australian team as a HBF.

Last edited:
Like I'd waste the A grade stuff on the likes of you. :$

no worries, wood-duck.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

you sad bastard

Can you call a HB that has never earned an All Australian spot a "Gun" though? Its the easiest position to play on the field after-all.

I mean, even Leon Davis made an All Australian team as a HBF.

How many full seasons has he played as a HB?

Also, are there only 2 gun HBs in the comp every season?

How many full seasons has he played as a HB?

Also, are there only 2 gun HBs in the comp every season?

I'm sorry mate, i only live in this dimension where he has played as many as he has - i only deal with facts here, bucko. Sorry they don't work out in your favour this time,.

Good to see a thread i wrote in pretty good spirits and a pretty positive attitude towards seeing this dynasty out in a positive way just be railroaded by personal attacks, name calling and the usual childish s**t. Don;t say i didn't try folks - im locking in for a run ride home for me now, if we make the finals or not. I'm going to have fun either way

I know some of your love Dimma more than you love yourselves - but he was not our dynasty. Its pathetic how so many of you can't seperate the clubs success and him. Dude quit half way through a campaign and if you don't want our club want to make him regret giving up on this group before the battle was over, then you should go buy a Dimma membership and go move to Mermaid Beach. You won't last 5 seconds with that cuck-s**t on punt road in 2024 when he is wearing that ghastly orange

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see a thread i wrote in pretty good spirits and a pretty positive attitude towards seeing this dynasty out in a positive way just be railroaded by personal attacks, name calling and the usual childish s**t. Don;t say i didn't try folks - im locking in for a run ride home for me now, if we make the finals or not. I'm going to have fun either way

I know some of your love Dimma more than you love yourselves - but he was not our dynasty. Its pathetic how so many of you can't seperate the clubs success and him. Dude quit half way through a campaign and if you don't want our club want to make him regret giving up on this group before the battle was over, then you should go buy a Dimma membership and go move to Mermaid Beach. You won't last 5 seconds with that cuck-s**t on punt road in 2024 when he is wearing that ghastly orange

Red & yellow 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back