Prediction The last time I felt this bad about a season….

Remove this Banner Ad

There's gonna be some bumps along the way with a new coach. Yze isn't walking into a top 4 list, he's got work to do.
But I'm okay with that. TBH since 2021 where we missed finals, I could see things were starting to get stale under Dimma, we were never quite the same after the 2020 flag, I reckon it took a lot out of us.

Since then, have felt we needed a refresh, and now with a new coach we have that, so I'm mega excited for the season of change and development.

I don't necessarily expect us to play finals however, if we do, I expect we will sneak into 7th or 8th, but can see a few teething issues and a 10th-11th placed finish more likely.
Seems that way now in hindsight...
So much so that the effort expanded for that 2020 GF win...
Possibly drained the side/club of energy for going around again...I mean we still had a very good competitive side!
Prolly dragged back to the also-rans by the tsunami of player/GOAT injuries/covid fatigue/the free kick discount to other sides/shifty AFL rule changes/Dimma's marriage fallout/The retirement of the best Full Back this Century/The AFL Equalization plan for the competition/The AFL Draft handouts like crazy for the both the newer and weaker teams/Strange and inconsistent AFL penalties for player reports!/Media with constant attacks on our players!
I reckon that 2021 AFL year for the RFC is fertile ground for another book...how circumstances combined to hobble the further success of one of the great AFL Dynasty sides of all time!
The last three AFL Seasons has left a bad taste in my mouth...almost to the point of dis-interest!
I realize the good times for AFL Clubs ie Premierships is cyclically driven...but not hobbled like our side was!
Even the Super Bowl has no issue with Teams repeating wins...the EPL...
But here in good old Oz...The AFL Old Boys Club has other nefarious ideas! And is never held to account! The Media in this country are like eunuchs...bar no action and all front!

I reckon a very good chance Dusty , Tim Tarranto & Hooper will have the required hunger to put us into games this year

and anyone game enough to eyeball Nank and say he isn't hungry :)

and things will fall into place from there

young guys will get dragged along

and their enthusiasm will be infectious

it happens to a handful of sides every year , with a new coach on board why not us ?

McCrae didnt either and the campaigner got a Prelim then a Flag for the Tin Arses with the Umps in their pockets to boot.
McCrae couldn't buy a free at Tiger land.
We shall see how Dimma is treated now not at Tiger land.
I reckon the CFL will shower him with grapes and red wine.

I reckon a very good chance Dusty , Tim Tarranto & Hooper will have the required hunger to put us into games this year

and anyone game enough to eyeball Nank and say he isn't hungry :)

and things will fall into place from there

young guys will get dragged along

and their enthusiasm will be infectious

it happens to a handful of sides every year , with a new coach on board why not us ?
Bottom 6

Just treat this year like climbing the steps again ,enjoy the ride.
That's how I'm thinking of it, exciting times ahead in my opinion.

At least we are not in the same disastrous shape we were in when Cotch, Jack and the boys were recruited, our dynasty may have lasted longer without the AFL bitches club implementing the soft cap just as we started to rake in the cash but our facilities are still good so I'm not expecting the long long era of nothing we had for 37 years prior to 2017.

Seems that way now in hindsight...
So much so that the effort expanded for that 2020 GF win...
Possibly drained the side/club of energy for going around again...I mean we still had a very good competitive side!
Prolly dragged back to the also-rans by the tsunami of player/GOAT injuries/covid fatigue/the free kick discount to other sides/shifty AFL rule changes/Dimma's marriage fallout/The retirement of the best Full Back this Century/The AFL Equalization plan for the competition/The AFL Draft handouts like crazy for the both the newer and weaker teams/Strange and inconsistent AFL penalties for player reports!/Media with constant attacks on our players!
I reckon that 2021 AFL year for the RFC is fertile ground for another book...how circumstances combined to hobble the further success of one of the great AFL Dynasty sides of all time!
The last three AFL Seasons has left a bad taste in my mouth...almost to the point of dis-interest!
I realize the good times for AFL Clubs ie Premierships is cyclically driven...but not hobbled like our side was!
Even the Super Bowl has no issue with Teams repeating wins...the EPL...
But here in good old Oz...The AFL Old Boys Club has other nefarious ideas! And is never held to account! The Media in this country are like eunuchs...bar no action and all front!

We also have a Salary Cap in the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other teams are looking strong and we have some talent but perhaps not quite enough to make finals.
We have had a great run we need to restock with high end talent through the draft and to do that means we have to have some lean years.
Hopefully I am surprised with great results and I will be there to barrack hard !

Can't see us playing worse than 2023. Provided we get 15-18 or so games out Tom and with no other major injuries to our key players I expect us to perform better and hopefullt more attractively... as for ladder positions, well that will sort itself. If I'm wrong and we have a shocker... then we get a good draft pick. So win-win... sort of.

Just treat this year like climbing the steps again ,enjoy the ride.
This…We‘ve got nothing to lose, expected to be bad…And might be okay…
It might all come together for Dow…McAuliffe might debut early…Gibcus may not miss a beat…There’s a lot to look forward to…

we did tire with our frantic game style- our pressure was on another level compared to the Cats, so can't compare the two.
Funny reading some Pies fans on X (twitter) reckon they have brought back exciting footy. Yet when you remind them, they are just copying how we used to play we are told how we are living in the past.
Also remember after our 2017 flag the talk in the media was about the state of the game.

Funny reading some Pies fans on X (twitter) reckon they have brought back exciting footy. Yet when you remind them, they are just copying how we used to play we are told how we are living in the past.
Also remember after our 2017 flag the talk in the media was about the state of the game.
state of the game crap started by the afl and fed to the media cos they knew we were about to dynasty

the quality of footy is worse than its ever been right now. terrible rules brought in by a salty campaigner and league to stop a dynasty continuing. over 1000 players on lists that should be vfl players and they want to bring in another team. youth participation is non extistent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back