Prediction The last time I felt this bad about a season….

Remove this Banner Ad

100% I just hope some of our posters go easy on those kids though. Sometimes expectation on players who haven't even played over 50 games is tad over the top.
100% the same scapegoat culture gimps will be froffing for a whipping boy to visualise while feeding the chooks

Stranger things have happened than us rising up the ladder in 2024.
Nothing would surprise me - including a top 4 finish.
Collingwood’s 2022-23 run was more incongruous than us rising up the ladder this year.
People forget what a joke they were.
I agree the AFL have a role to play - they are worth a few goals

100% I just hope some of our posters go easy on those kids though. Sometimes expectation on players who haven't even played 50 games is tad over the top.
Generally agree. Most under 50 games for mine gets a free pass all year with the exception of Ralphsmith. 32 games, 22yo and for mine I just think he doesn't have a footballers brain and his kicking is horrific.

MRJ (27 games) is an interesting one too. Will be watching with one raised eyebrow, but I'll try to refrain.

But primarily it's the seasoned players that need to be called out if they are stinking it up, and replaced with kids. Grimes, Graham, Pickett need to be scrutinised after last year's efforts.

Generally agree. Most under 50 games for mine gets a free pass all year with the exception of Ralphsmith. 32 games, 22yo and for mine I just think he doesn't have a footballers brain and his kicking is horrific.

MRJ (27 games) is an interesting one too. Will be watching with one raised eyebrow, but I'll try to refrain.

But primarily it's the seasoned players that need to be called out if they are stinking it up, and replaced with kids. Grimes, Graham, Pickett need to be scrutinised after last year's efforts.

Fair enough, but its my pet hate about our forum. I like to have a bit of a laugh and carry on in here to keep me sane but some of the kid bashing is just mind blowing. Wasn't all that long ago we were ripping into Ross even though it was clear the coaches that stuffed him around. I know Ross isn't a world beater, but he is a hell of a lot better when backed and given a decent opportunity.

I just hope the likes of Brown, Banks, Sonsie, Gibcus, Smith, Campbell etc are given some slack.

I’m looking forward to the season it’s just a free hit in my eyes.
We will be that campaigner team who *s up a few teams seasons here and there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back