Review Paul Feltham and Arnold Briedis LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It has been brought to my attention that at the 2:18 mark of this video below, in the 1974 Grand Final Paul Feltham and Arnold Briedis tried to start a blue with Bryan Wood. Laughable campaigners. Bones McGhie was an interested onlooker.

Then Keithy Greig runs in, how scary. :tearsofjoy:

Tigers still had Balmey, Sheedy, Kevin Morris, Wayne Walsh and the man Jack Dyer used to always refer to as Clayton Cameron up their sleeves. North had serial thieves Kekovich and Dench, fellow criminal type Barry Cable, as well as Lurch Goodingham.

Now people know that I don't condone violence, but fair dinkum, if North had ever threatened to actually win this match at any point, those campaigners lives wouldn't have been worth living. Especially given the events of the 1904 finals series where umpire Allen allowed the contemptible North Melbourne playing fraternity to do their worst with nails hanging out of their stops, which led to us missing out on what would have been a 16th Premiership.

But Feltham and Briedis trying to throw their weight around against Hafey's Tigers. Funny stuff. :)

Last edited:
It has been brought to my attention that at the 2:18 mark of this video below, in the 1974 Grand Final Paul Feltham and Arnold Briedis tried to start a blue with Bryan Wood. Laughable campaigners. Bones McGhie was an interested onlooker.

Then Keithy Greig runs in, how scary. :tearsofjoy:

Tigers still had Balmey, Sheedy, Kevin Morris, Wayne Walsh and the man Jack Dyer used to always refer to as Clayton Cameron up their sleeves. North had serial thieves Kekovich and Dench, fellow criminal type Barry Cable, as well as Lurch Goodingham.

Now people know that I don't condone violence, but fair dinkum, if North had ever threatened to actually win this match at any point, those campaigners lives wouldn't have been worth living. Especially given the events of the 1904 finals series where umpire Allen allowed the contemptible North Melbourne playing fraternity to do their worst with nails hanging out of their stops, which led to us missing out on what would have been a 16th Premiership.

But Feltham and Briedis trying to throw their weight around against Hafey's Tigers. Funny stuff. :)

Well, it was a close game early, North had the ascendancy at one point, with ump assistance it must be said, and it took until the famous Sheedy handball to Michael G in the square for RFC to get in control.

I can vouch for Wayne Walsh's pugilistic abilities, first hand, watching at a pub nearby one evening. In those days, many many things occurred to which, oddly, there were no official witnesses.

Loved watching Wayne Walsh as a kid. Small in stature but a mighty tough presence on the field. Squared up to and had Brent Crosswell shitting himself in the '73 GF.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Under-rated wingers for the Tigers in the 70's, Wood and Walsh. Very tough competitors.

As far as I know, Cameron Clayton could handle himself about as well as anyone to have played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back