😲 Umpire appointments & discussion - Rounds 0, 1,2 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some mods here want us to stop complaining about biased umpiring but with the AFL always ticking it off, the media obviously been told not to raise the standard of umpiring as an issue and our club remains silent asking for please explains I reckon it's up to us as supporters to up the ante on all social platforms.
I think there is some movement happening as I'm seeing comments more and more. Keep up the good work tigers, i know I won't be silenced that's what the AFL want.

I know some mods here want us to stop complaining about biased umpiring but with the AFL always ticking it off, the media obviously been told not to raise the standard of umpiring as an issue and our club remains silent asking for please explains I reckon it's up to us as supporters to up the ante on all social platforms.
I think there is some movement happening as I'm seeing comments more and more. Keep up the good work tigers, i know I won't be silenced that's what the AFL want.
Would be a lot better if all umpiring comments were done in an umpire thread and not spread over 4 lol

Would be a lot better if all umpiring comments were done in an umpire thread and not spread over 4 lol
Perhaps it's gotten that bad that it's becoming the main issue these days.

FWIW I tried a separate umpiring thread to the gameday, preview and autopsy threads, but those complaining about umpiring should be dropped as a topic and that there was no influence, came across to the separate thread and wanted it dropped as an issue and to stop posting about it.

The longer this thread goes, the more the media will mock us for it and the more the free kick differential shall remain.

We have to be compliant slaves to their corrupt system and ignore the pain if we want them to stop doing it to us. Eventually.

Same goes for the club. It has to stop trying to be good and the league will give them opportunities in about a decade. After others have had their turn.

Is this match fixing an afl directive or is it the underworld paying off umps?
Those ultimately running the AFL from afar are global underworld.

Someone I went to school with returned from the US for a holiday and was regaling me with stories of the Italian Mafia. I listened politely, but laughed afterwards.

The Italian Mafia dons are almost errand boys compared to those really at the top. I could have blown his stories away with my own, but I know he would never have believed them.

It's a directive. The real bosses don't like competition in their playgrounds. Or us talking about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that if the non controlling ump pays a free kick, teams aren’t allowed to take advantage? Guess that rule has been scrapped or it wasn’t applicable for yesterdays game?

I was watching the free kicks stats early in the qtrs yesterday and the one way traffic told me everything i already knew.

Q1: PA led 6-1
Q2: PA led 3-0
Q3: PA led 7-1
Q4: PA led 6-1

That includes an 8 out of 9 free kick run either side of half time to swing momentum PA's way.

What the above shows is that when the umpires have a discussion before the game and at the breaks is that they are telling each other to look out for Richmond players committing sins

ie: watch for dusty fend off, watch for tigers holding at stoppages, watch for miller, grimes holding on etc etc etc and so that's how they umpire start of each qtr and the only frees we get are the plain obvious ones.

In the first qtr vs carlton we were getting frees galore cause they probs discussed carlton ducking, throwing, holding ( remember Lynch's 2 frees ) etc but as each break happened the frees dried up for us and exploded for Carlton hence the lopsided count in the end cause it probs was look out for Richmond doing this and that.

The reason we can have unbiased quarters or periods of play is because they can't do it every minute or it would be too noticeable.

It's the global underworld, which is not as much under us but above us.

I could name multiple Vic club Presidents this century who are part of that, unquestionably.

In fact, the expansion of the Vic league into a national competition wasn't just to grow the game, in spectator support, TV rights and financially. It was to expand the control.

This is a simple task. Get dirt on one or two senior people, including setting them up if necessary. Get them to hire your people under threat, perceived or real, of disclosure. Within a decade or so the organisation is captured.

People will say that free kick counts shouldn't be even, and I agree, if they were always even it would have to mean the umpires are purposely trying to even the ledger every game. So one team losing by 10 frees shouldn't be a huge eyebrow raiser.

However, when the same team loses it, considerably, EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. and has been doing so considerably for now the 8th season running, surely there's something in it.

I'm sick of non-Richmond people immediately saying "shut up, it's not why you lost", but FFS we're rarely saying anything about it being the reason we lost (sometimes we are, like against Carlton, hello De Koning and the soft 50 I mean 75 metre penalty leading to a crucial goal), but we're absolutely pulling our hair out in frustration over all of the non-calls, and the trigger-happy whistles against us. If it was someone else's team in our boat for now the 8th year running, I guarantee they would be asking questions and angry too.

In fact, just look at every other club's game day thread, they complain about free kicks just as much as we do, only we have actual numbers to show how badly we're treated.

WTF gives, seriously?!

Last edited:
People will say that free kick counts shouldn't be even, and I agree, if they were always even it would have to mean the umpires are purposely trying to even the ledger every game. So one team losing by 10 frees shouldn't be a huge eyebrow raiser.

However, when the same team loses it, considerably, EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. and has been doing so considerably for now the 8th season running, surely there's something in it.

I'm sick of non-Richmond people immediately saying "shut up, it's not why you lost", but FFS we're rarely saying anything about it being the reason we lost (sometimes we are, like against Carlton, hello De Koning and the soft 50 I mean 75 metre penalty leading to a crucial goal), but we're absolutely pulling our hair out in frustration over all of the non-calls, and the trigger-happy whistles against us. If it was someone else's team in our boat for now the 8th year running, I guarantee they would be asking questions and angry too.

In fact, just look at every other club's game day thread, they complain about free kicks just as much as we do, only we have actual numbers to show how badly we're treated.

WTF gives, seriously?!

Collingwood fans are the classic example .... they had 1 night of s**t umpiring against them and the whole world fell apart. We got shafted last week by a dodgey 60 metre penalty, we got dudded yesterday 17 points up and they give them a 50 when Lynch never touched him and then straight after half time touched goal allowed. Footy is all about momentum and those cheating pricks took that away from us both times.

Collingwood fans are the classic example .... they had 1 night of s**t umpiring against them and the whole world fell apart. We got shafted last week by a dodgey 60 metre penalty, we got dudded yesterday 17 points up and they give them a 50 when Lynch never touched him and then straight after half time touched goal allowed. Footy is all about momentum and those cheating pricks took that away from us both times.
Yeah, any other team and it becomes a circus and enquiry...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back