Mod. Notice Fremantle Preview Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All

Sharpen those [strike] pencils[/strike] ummmmm keyboards as the Freo Board is holding a preview writing comp.

1st prize is a Premium BigFooty Supporters Club Membership and $50 - plus we have a couple of $25 prizes to give to whatever the judge thinks is worthy of a merit badge.

What is life without rules - here they are ...

- The topic is Fremantle Football Club - 2012 The Year of ______
- Open to all Bigfooty members (not exclusive to Freo supporters)
- There is no word limit however it is a blog/post not a novel
- Use whatever headings you like however we would like to see a prediction of likely finish as a must have
- Be serious or funny, just don't be late for dinner
- Entries must be posted in this thread by no later than Midnight WST Sat Feb 18
- Judge is Grizzly and comments in this thread are most welcome too, it is for discussion purposes
- To get the cash to you it can be paypal or if you don't have paypal ...we will arrange via PM

Go Freo & have fun

I think ilpiantissimo will win this if he re-posts that story on how Lyon sent Morabito on the kokoda trail or whatever it was.

I will sharpen my keyboard keys and bash something out later.

Will you accept videos?

Haha excellent call.

We have a few aspiring young writers on this board (guys like Silent Alarm come to mind), will be some good entries for sho, I'll probably throw my hat in the ring at some stage.

I think ilpiantissimo will win this if he re-posts that story on how Lyon sent Morabito on the kokoda trail or whatever it was.

I will sharpen my keyboard keys and bash something out later.

Will you accept videos?

Re-posts as long as it is your work are cool.

Video entries are OK too

I don't normally get out of bed in the morning for anything less than $60, but I might give it a shot later.

I don't normally get out of bed in the morning for anything less than $60, but I might give it a shot later.

Ironically I don't normally get into bed for anything less than $75 but I'm going to give it a shot too (Mods can't win though)

$75 for a minute's work sounds like a pretty good gig.

I would love to make a contribution but all you other posters think I've got no idea. Pretty much what my wife has been telling me for years.

2012: The Year Of Evolution.

Who better to assess the current state of the Fremantle Dockers than Sir David Attenborough. He traveled all the way to Freo Oval to observe how well we are shaping up and how we will evolve into a better side with all the changes that have swept through the club.

[YOUTUBE]o886boEuv-E[/YOUTUBE]
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

Prediction: From what David has observed, the adaptation to all this change at Fremantle will happen quite swiftly and we will be aiming for the top 4. This will be on the back Lyon 'evolving' every single player on this list to make them a better footballer...

Who better to assess the current state of the Fremantle Dockers than Sir David Attenborough. He traveled all the way to Freo Oval to observe how well we are shaping up and how we will evolve into a better side with all the changes that have swept through the club.

[youtube]o886boEuv-E[/youtube]
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."

Prediction: From what David has observed, the adaptation to all this change at Fremantle will happen quite swiftly and we will be aiming for the top 4. This will be on the back Lyon 'evolving' every single player on this list to make them a better footballer...

Wonderful :thumbsu:

Although our history is eighteen years not a million years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lmao how do you do it Seppo :D. Lost it at the Keplar bit

I got the inspiration from all the BBC nature DVD's they are flogging over here on the TV and newspaper. Downloaded a heap of Sir Davids' documentaries and came up with a few bits that would match with preseason footage. Took me a whole week of editing :eek:

[youtube]o886boEuv-E[/youtube]

Haha, that was ace Seppo, /thead methinks.

I'm a bit internet challenged at the moment but I've got something I'll try put up in the next day or so.

I know the deadline is already gone but meh, I'm in it for the love not the money.

I'm a bit internet challenged at the moment but I've got something I'll try put up in the next day or so.

I know the deadline is already gone but meh, I'm in it for the love not the money.

Go on mate - Grizz hasn't sent me the magical envelope yet do you may be lucky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back