Win Prizes Season 2024 Game Previews

Remove this Banner Ad

Allow Myself To Introduce... Myself New
1709177628189.png

twin-peaks-its-happening-again.gif

Hello everyone. As my tall, spooky, large-forehead-having friend has intimated, the 2024 AFL season is almost upon us and so to are the Game Previews! Allow me to let the copypasta fairy to explain...

Since 2017 many brave yet foolhardy souls have been the standard bearers for the Fremantle Football Club when it comes to irreverent yet informative previewing. Righteo was the initial architect of the concept, and since then many of us have saluted in the most creative of ways. From the poetic melt of Arcassius in 2017, to the * magpie noises * of 2018, the audio-visual Mayne course provided by Chef TheInjuryFactory in 2019, the frothy inspiration provided by Square Peg in 2021, the joint triumph of Gekko71 & Piggy Smalls in 2022 and BarbieITFC's squeaky bum last season, the Freo faithful have collectively given great effort in the pursuit of providing the board with knowledge, wit, creativity and half-arsed prophecy. So it only seems right to run the concept back up the flagpole to see who salutes in 2024.

If you think that you have what it takes to provide your fellow Freo fans with a preview for one of this season's games, or if you've done the needful in the past and thought to yourself "I'm ready to serve my community once again", then now's the time to put your hand up and claim a slice of the 2024 AFL season as your very own to preview.

The criteria for previewing remain the same:
  • Reply to this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early, and I will update the below fixture accordingly;
  • There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me know and I'll probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement;
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
  • This is a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet??) will join Arcassius TheInjuryFactory Square Peg Gekko71 Piggy Smalls BarbieITFC and yours truly as official Fremantle Posters of the Year, and will receive a shiny badge that looks like this:
    1614139345658.png
    (which one day we'll upgrade to look a bit shinier).
These are the games to choose from:

Round 1 vs Brisbane @ home Falconista

Round 2 vs North Melbourne @ away heavho

Round 3 vs Adelaide @ home dockerfemme

Round 4 vs Carlton @ neutral (Gather Round) mattis117

Round 5 vs Port Adelaide @ away vidwhal

Round 6 vs WCE @ away Mr Cheese

Round 7 vs Western Bulldogs @ home Megalon

Round 8 vs Richmond @ away King Huskii

Round 9 vs Sydney @ home Wray27

Round 10 vs St Kilda @ away ubiquitous226

Round 11 vs Collingwood @ home

Round 12 vs Melbourne @ away samFFC

Round 13 vs bye

Round 14 vs Western Bulldogs @ away

Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ home

Round 16 vs Sydney @ away BeinPurplenGreen

Round 17 vs Richmond @ home freo84

Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ away

Round 19 vs Melbourne @ home

Round 20 vs WCE @ home Snuffaluphagus

Round 21 vs Essendon @ away

Round 22 vs Geelong @ home Dump Truck

Round 23 vs GWS @ away kingswood71

Round 24 vs Port Adelaide @ home

1709178641865.png

The gauntlet is thrown. The challenge has been challenged. The quest has been laid out. The game is afoot. This horse has been flogged. Whatever, if you think that you're Poster of the Year material then put your money where your mouth is (which is a weird bloody saying but I'm on a roll) and get involved in creating a Game Preview. Your board and your fellow supporters need you, and Mt Postmore is looking for another bust.

LFG.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 1916076

Hello everyone. As my tall, spooky, large-forehead-having friend has intimated, the 2024 AFL season is almost upon us and so to are the Game Previews! Allow me to let the copypasta fairy to explain...

Since 2017 many brave yet foolhardy souls have been the standard bearers for the Fremantle Football Club when it comes to irreverent yet informative previewing. Righteo was the initial architect of the concept, and since then many of us have saluted in the most creative of ways. From the poetic melt of Arcassius in 2017, to the * magpie noises * of 2018, the audio-visual Mayne course provided by Chef TheInjuryFactory in 2019, the frothy inspiration provided by Square Peg in 2021, the joint triumph of Gekko71 & Piggy Smalls in 2022 and BarbieITFC's squeaky bum last season, the Freo faithful have collectively given great effort in the pursuit of providing the board with knowledge, wit, creativity and half-arsed prophecy. So it only seems right to run the concept back up the flagpole to see who salutes in 2024.

If you think that you have what it takes to provide your fellow Freo fans with a preview for one of this season's games, or if you've done the needful in the past and thought to yourself "I'm ready to serve my community once again", then now's the time to put your hand up and claim a slice of the 2024 AFL season as your very own to preview.

The criteria for previewing remain the same:
  • Reply to this thread to sign up for any match you'd like to preview in the upcoming season. First in, best dressed, so if you want a specific match try and get in early, and I will update the below fixture accordingly;
  • There is no criteria to sign up apart from being a Freo board poster, you don't have to have been a poster for a long time or have made a lot of posts, but just make sure you're in a position to write one when it's your week. If you can't do it when the time comes, let me know and I'll probably sort out a suitable punishment and/or replacement;
  • Have fun with the preview. Make it interesting, it doesn't have to be written under a certain guideline or include x,y,z- write it the way you want, use pictures, videos, whatever. A good dose of humour never hurts either;
  • This is a competition, so previews judged the best by your peers (most liked, how else do you quantify "best" on the internet??) will join Arcassius TheInjuryFactory Square Peg Gekko71 Piggy Smalls and yours truly as official Fremantle Posters of the Year, and will receive a shiny badge that looks like this:
    1614139345658.png
    (which one day we'll upgrade to look a bit shinier).
These are the games to choose from:

Round 1 vs Brisbane @ home

Round 2 vs North Melbourne @ away

Round 3 vs Adelaide @ home

Round 4 vs Carlton @ neutral (Gather Round)

Round 5 vs Port Adelaide @ away

Round 6 vs WCE @ away

Round 7 vs Western Bulldogs @ home

Round 8 vs Richmond @ away

Round 9 vs Sydney @ home

Round 10 vs St Kilda @ away

Round 11 vs Collingwood @ home

Round 12 vs Melbourne @ away

Round 13 vs bye

Round 14 vs Western Bulldogs @ away

Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ home

Round 16 vs Sydney @ away

Round 17 vs Richmond @ home

Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ away

Round 19 vs Melbourne @ home

Round 20 vs WCE @ home

Round 21 vs Essendon @ away

Round 22 vs Geelong @ home

Round 23 vs GWS @ away

Round 24 vs Port Adelaide @ home

The gauntlet is thrown. The challenge has been challenged. The quest has been laid out. The game is afoot. This horse has been flogged. Whatever, if you think that you're Poster of the Year material then put your money where your mouth is (which is a weird bloody saying but I'm on a roll) and get involved in creating a Game Preview. Your board and your fellow supporters need you, and Mt Postmore is looking for another bust.

Another weird saying is to "blow smoke up someone's [redacted]"

It's origin is wild.

Won't nominate a round, will just see what's unclaimed a few days before due and half-[redacted] it again.

Another weird saying is to "blow smoke up someone's [redacted]"

It's origin is wild.

Won't nominate a round, will just see what's unclaimed a few days before due and half-[redacted] it again.
Spontaneity gives me a rash.

Before every game in the rooms of the 2024 season the players should have David king and corners playing their thoughts of the team to fire them up. Could even mix it up to make a beat out of it. If their thoughts don’t put a 🔥 in you nothing will

Before every game in the rooms of the 2024 season the players should have David king and corners playing their thoughts of the team to fire them up. Could even mix it up to make a beat out of it. If their thoughts don’t put a 🔥 in you nothing will
Hang this up too
Oh absolutely, fire the lads up! Few other journos media types you can add in there too.

Anyhoo, wanna write a game preview?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sure thing, I think Round 1 is good for me again :)
Unfortunately that's spoken for. Take a pick from the unloved rounds in the OP (plenty to choose from).

I am ready to serve my community again. Just assign me something.
Love your work! Wanna go next available, which is round 3 at home to Crom?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back